Posts by AlexanderDoyle

I found these MT15 two notes profiles a few weeks ago on the RE and Ive been using the profiles and, even more so, the cabs on loads of direct profiles. My favourite cab sounds to date.

I was just googling today to see if I could find more about using two notes mesa cabs with a Kemper and this thread came up. Im now very much considering getting my Boogie MKIV working again using the two notes stuff and taking a profile for live use (just because the KPA is lighter)

Anyway, thanks man.

Just bought one, got it working using a Y cable in the In and Out of the pedal into the remote. Out the box it seems to work good but there seems to be many internal features inside the pedal *trimpots etc etc. Any tips on how best to setup for calibration with the KPA ? Im using it mainly for wah and morphing

Thanks!

i had a similar issue with my Mesa amp years ago. Turned out to be a power issue in my home. Never happened outside my house. Even a power conditioner didnt stop it. It would switch between the normal level and then a ridiculously loud one, usually accompanied with extra buzzing.

I never looked into the amp itself as it was never an issue outside my home.

[Blocked Image: https://c4.staticflickr.com/6/5769/30844288531_2d4ef92fee_c.jpg]IMG_6021 by JohnBorsa, on Flickr

2 of the new mini Jim Dunlop pedals. I really like the way they feel. Small and light are also a plus. Replaced Missions (which are also very good).

Looks great. I think i will follow suit once i buy the remote. Just to confirm, they are the Dunlop DVP4 Volume X mini ??

I bought some Senheiser HD650's a couple of years ago. I believe the original RRP on them was £400 UK but I got them for £250. Still a lot of money for headphones but I've not regretted it at all - they're fantastic.

For mixing, they get you close but I prefer to mix on monitors anyway (not that I'm anything like experienced so don't listen to me!!). For playing Kemper and for listening to music? Excellent on both counts :)

I have these as well. They are great for mixing and tweaking. Very detailed and comfortable. I usually use them in the mornings while everyone is sleeping. I dont love them for playing with, they seem to me like a headphone better suited to mixing and listening to music. Maybe they would improve with a headphone amp but ive not been able to try (they are 300ohm). Im tempted to pick up a ATH or 770 for the kemper and travel.

Great points thank you!

The camplifier is a little on the expensive side I must admit, i was a little surprised at the cost. Im tempted to sell it and re-buy the powerhead version. I suppose it will be a little more expensive that way but in terms of re-sale at a later date etc......hmmmmmm

Hey, this seemed like a typical question so i tried searching for a thread about it but i could find barely anything.

Pretty simple question, i have Mesa 4x12 sitting at home doing nothing and an unpowered KPA head. Im getting a little sick of playing through my Adams even if the volume is good for my apartment. Is there a sonic difference between adding a camplifier to my setup (regardless of power) or selling and buying a powered head??

I never looked into the remote too much because i was under the impression it couldn't handle external effects on a pedal by pedal basis. If i'm wrong apologies. The RJM can i'm sure so that would make it the best option for me. If your not in a serious touring band or gig then probably the remote makes the most sense based on ease of use and price.

Yeah sound very nice. I love Guido's profiles, you've done a fantastic job on all three that I have bought.

Regarding these presets, I didn't do all the studio EQ's but still they sound great and no need to use my tubescreamer up front. I'm curious, how do you decide on these Studio EQ settings in each section especially considering that you also tweak the front end EQ controls on the Kemper. Im really interested in the thought process as I pretty much never use a studio EQ, yet alone three!!

Thanks!

Good question! Ive always thought this about recording, it doesn't make sense to have to use master stereo and then just record one side. Maybe im missing something too. Im not sure why there is no master mono. Im not sure where you found it JeffTD but i cannot!

It seems Kemper have a nice blend of innovative features like this morphing thing and the classics like the improved delays in this case. I love this approach. If Kemper release improved effects to the quality of Strymon/Eventide etc etc it will be incredible, i will honestly fall off my seat.

Im not a pedal guy compared to most but if Kemper begin to produce effects that negate the need for my Strymon stuff (and even plugins like Echoboy for recording) thats worth alot of money to the user (to compete with dedicated companies releasing £300/400 units........) . The remote then becomes a must and the unit as a whole all encompassing bar a couple of expression pedals. I cannot express in words how phenomenal that prospect would be and what incredible value it would be to us users. For me at least.

Anyway, I will eagerly await to compare. Take some time, get it right. Excellence is an attitude and i firmly believe you guys have it.

Thanks

Sorry if i have missed something here, i havent been keeping check on the forum of late but how do people organise performance mode using rig manager?? It seems counter intuative as I am unable to drag my profiles from RM into any off the performances i create. The only way round it is to copy and paste and this takes longer than using the Kemper itself with the various menu shifts,f. Also, if i store a performance on the local library I am unable to move any of the performances to the KPA using drag and drop. Am i doing something wrong or are these features not available??