Posts by AlexanderDoyle

Good question! Ive always thought this about recording, it doesn't make sense to have to use master stereo and then just record one side. Maybe im missing something too. Im not sure why there is no master mono. Im not sure where you found it JeffTD but i cannot!

It seems Kemper have a nice blend of innovative features like this morphing thing and the classics like the improved delays in this case. I love this approach. If Kemper release improved effects to the quality of Strymon/Eventide etc etc it will be incredible, i will honestly fall off my seat.

Im not a pedal guy compared to most but if Kemper begin to produce effects that negate the need for my Strymon stuff (and even plugins like Echoboy for recording) thats worth alot of money to the user (to compete with dedicated companies releasing £300/400 units........) . The remote then becomes a must and the unit as a whole all encompassing bar a couple of expression pedals. I cannot express in words how phenomenal that prospect would be and what incredible value it would be to us users. For me at least.

Anyway, I will eagerly await to compare. Take some time, get it right. Excellence is an attitude and i firmly believe you guys have it.

Thanks

Sorry if i have missed something here, i havent been keeping check on the forum of late but how do people organise performance mode using rig manager?? It seems counter intuative as I am unable to drag my profiles from RM into any off the performances i create. The only way round it is to copy and paste and this takes longer than using the Kemper itself with the various menu shifts,f. Also, if i store a performance on the local library I am unable to move any of the performances to the KPA using drag and drop. Am i doing something wrong or are these features not available??

Picked up the artist pack following on from your other good work. I immediately hit up the Dream Theater profiles and many hours passed. They sound really great. Its fantastic to hear what the original tones sound like when recorded as well. I'm going to have a lot of fun with these. Ive delved into a few others as well as many of my favourite bands are covered here....particularly enjoying the Slipknot and Lamb of God offerings. A really insightful pack and one that all the rock and metal guys should be picking up period!!

My wants would be Alice In Chains (Dirt era), Tool (the pot), Periphery II tones and perhaps some BOJH era Bonamassa.

Is it possible to mute the signal when the Kemper is booting up? Even if i turn it on into tuner mode i get signal through which can be a pain if the guitar isnt connected or volume turned down.

So rig manager takes ages to sync but even when it finally does it doesn't apply the changes i made to my kemper. I have no idea why. Im fine to preview profiles etc.

Also, and perhaps its related. Every boot up i get a message on RM which reads: 'The author's name of your Kemper Profiler differs from the the name in Rig Manager. Do you want to set both to "AlexLouisD "?' I usually click yes but the same happens upon another boot up.

Any ideas??

I don't have any problems myself and fortunately my computer is very fast but I tend to use the monitor out on the mix control just because it's set it as default and I forget to change it. I was under the impression when you change the monitor out to daw in mix control that's when your lower buffer becomes more of a requirement and your monitoring. Is this correct? Talking about the software monitoring checkbox has kind of threw me. Also out of curiosity, what are the advantages between both monitoring options? Both seem to work the same to me.

As I said I have the a7x's but I'd just shoot for the equator D5s for your scenario especially if your in the USA. Great price and good quality. But it's no biggie, all the monitors mentioned are good enough. They will more than do the job for you and despite this internet desire to have expensive monitors and treated rooms etc before your even allowed to mix - it's really largely about your own talents. Buy what you can, learn them and use em! :)