Posts by AlexanderDoyle

Really tempted by this package, i was a little dubious from looking at the page so its good to see some positive reviews. Shame the Mark IV combo wasnt involved instead of the Roadster. For the Mark V, Diezel and Elmwood you might as well pay an extra fiver and get the whole package

Be nice to hear your real Mark profiled. I have the ones from the amp factory, not sure if i like them or not. They are good but it's like there is something not quite there. I would be interested to try them with this elmwood cab that has been mentioned.

Cool. Yeah it's looking the way i'm headed. Id rather invest the extra money in quality home studio monitors as it will probably benefit me the most both for general mixing and playing with the KPA. I'm hoping it will be a an upgrade to the Apogee One I have though, feature wise I hope so, the pre-amps are probably negligible at this price range.

Cheers guys

Thanks man, i didnt realise that a converter would be needed. The Babyface is obviously the better unit but with the converter its putting it at nearly double the cost. Something for me to think about. My only problem with the Saffire was if it sounds any good as its quite cheap for everything thats on it. And firewire probably has a limited lifespan with Macs, although thats not a major problem

New owner here, great unit. My studio set up is let down by my monitors and, now, my interface. I have the apogee ONE which is a grew little unit but completely lacking in SPDIF among other things which I think will come in very useful. I'm looking to upgrade my setup to get the most out of the KPA. Probably going to shoot for some Adam A7X monitors which are going to hit the budget pretty hard. I would like to get the RME baby face interface but I was curious if the extra £200 is worth it compared to the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24. I notice alot of people here are using it here, would the extra investment in the RME be of benefit?

Hi,

New Kemper owner here. Great unit, loving it so far. Im looking to set it up for recording which is a single-in recording interface and route it through Logic 9. There is no S/Pdif option on my Apogee ONE so until I can get hold of a RME Babyface or another interface that has one I was unsure how best to connect my unit to my Apogee ONE as the main outs on the Kemper run in Stereo left and right. Any suggestions on the best method to retain the most quality until S/pdif is an option?

Hi Guys, I'm Alex and hopefully a new KPA owner by christmas. It's all been ordered, just waiting for it to arrive.

I play guitar in a band called HookahTheFuzz. Kinda Dream Theater thrash thing. We did an album couple of years ago, went to the states and ended up recording something else entirely. Damn producers lol. Anyway, back full circle to HookahTheFuzz the one big benefit of being in L.A was that it really opened my eyes upto the recording possibilities. Since then i've been working on my own little project studio with the view to getting some really good demo's out. I really needed to get some great guitar tones, tracking my Mesa Boogie at home isn't ideal but I cant get that sound in a plugin, hence I found about the the Kemper. Alot of metal bands these days seem to self produce as does one of my idols, Devin Townsend so i'm feeling inspired to follow suit. So yeah, thats a little backstory, looking forward to being an active member here and learning from the more experienced users. I'm trying to do some reading before the KPA arrives so I have just download the manuals and the wiki. Need to find time to read it now. Either way, hopefully it enhances my recording experience and I can get some new material out to the public all done in-house. Maybe I can even gig with it too, my Boogie is damn heavy for such a small little thing. Anyway it's all pretty exciting although there is no doubt lots to learn!

Anyway, here's a pic of my little bedroom studio thus far, it's actually change very slightly since

[Blocked Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexlouisdoyle/7173966151/]:

Cheers