Posts by Will_Chen

Mhhh... In order for the Profiler to be able to do this, it should process (almost) 2x the information (like running two stacks at the same time).
    I agree there's no problem technology-wise, but the Profiler's performance placement would 't most likely allow that.

I must say, I don't quite understand this. There are already modeled stompboxes in the Kemper. Is the argument that the code isn't detailed enough to model additional stomps?

If you have to do that much to get a profile to sound like your amp than either it is one of those amps in which the KPA has a hard time profiling or your not doing a like comparison ( isolated mixed amp or mixed recorded track vs kemper).

This is a common mistake, you are not comparing like objects.

1. The Kemper profile is an end to end profile which includes the coloration imparted by the microphone and microphone placement.

2. A guitar amp has pretty bad off axis response compared to a PA cabinet. Think about where your ear is in relation to your guitar cabinet, and where a mic is in realation to your cabinet. Couple that with a much larger dispersion of high end from your typical PA cabinet and you will typically hear a much brighter tone from the PA. This is even a reality when micing up a real amp and monitoring the fold back.

3. Separation of amp and cab in the Kemper is a mathematical estimate (CK's position is this always the case with any modeling system). You might get close with a profile of your actual amp, but I wouldn't expect it to be close with a profile someone else created in comparison to your amp, too many variables. Which brings me too...

4. The most valid comparison you can do with the KPA compare a profile of your amp played back through a PA speaker or monitor vs your actual amp miced up and isolated through the same PA or monitor.

Thank you so much nightlight couldn't hear any clicks either your so lucky it's smooth as a babies bum when you change rigs :(

Here is my click when changing profiles ?( I am using auto load though ?(

https://soundcloud.com/blaze-studios/kemper-clicks

FWIW, there is a click in nightlights clip as well at the first switch, it's just masked due to the radical shift in tone. But you can hear it if you listen critically.

I filled out the survey but didn't intend to use the coupon as I've got more than enough stuff already. That's a shame though. In the future, he absolutely needs to tie unique coupon codes to registered emails on his site or at a bare minimum only allow users who have purchased something in the past.

I don't believe in the fourth quarter release. The UnO4Kemper was released in July and was a joint operation with Xavier and Kemper. This has taken the heat out of the "waiting time". It might take some more time like minimum until Musikmesse 'til we see a prototype. If it is a joint venture with a foot controller manufacturer we might be there earlier. Just think about :rolleyes: it's not like making a record and do some recording and mastering. Even that takes sometimes more than 12 month from planning to finish. :D

If would be rather interesting if it was a joint venture...with Behringer...

Wow, that sounds convincing!
    Though I find some levels still a bit uneven (lead a bit too loud at the beginning), like you said, this is all in all very good sounding to me.
    Care to share some other production aspects (DAW, drums)?

I track in Reaper. The drums are the John Blackwell Session Sonar kit from Sonic Reality's Drum Masters 2 sample library using the Infinite Player instrument in Kontakt, bass is Native Instruments Scarbee Jay-Bass. there is some EQ applied to the guitars to carve them into a sonic spot, mostly just high pass filtering.

Very cool, at first I was worried about the bass dominating, then 20 secs into it, I would not imagine it any other way! :)
    Great playing.. Drums need a bit of work for production (not the playing) just the overall sound.. - other than that, all great :)
    When its ready I'll buy it

Drums are always a challenge for me. I started out with a much more polished sounding kit but it sounded artificial. This kit sounds more more natural, which is what I'm going for but the still doesn't quite have the pop and sizzle I'm wanting. I'm a little further down the mixing path than I was at the point of this test but it's a rather grueling process for me...

Hello all. Well, another rough mix of a tune from my forthcoming EP. The levels aren't yet where I like them, and I've since clean up a couple parts, but getting there. The distorted leads are the Conford Carerra profile from TAF. I don't remember which profile I used for the clean guitar at the beginning, need to check my project. The ping pong delay was added in post, not from the KPA. And all the "weird" effects and the acoustic picked stuff at the end are from the Zoom G3 and MS-70CDR. All parts played on was my Parker PDF100.

https://soundcloud.com/willchen28/then-and-now

The higher the gain, the more compression. This is not unique to the Kemper. Try the blindfold trick if you can. Seriously, it will free you from a great many preconceptions (or misconceptions) about tone. Folks often attribute tonal differences to wood without taking into consideration the system as a whole nor the fact that wood is organic and as such of extremely inconsistent in it's density even when cut from the same tree.

Yes. Have your friends blindfold you and hand you several guitars of the same model but made of different wood plugged into whatever amp you desire and try to identify the wood by sound alone. Once you horribly fail, plug back into the Kemper and enjoy life. :thumbup:

True, but no other modeller comes with a built in poweramp, and if you read the forums 99% of guitarists use their 'modeller' with a "FRFR".

Well, quite a few companies have historically offered modeling amps historically. A few of which were actually very good. But to the general topic, yes if one prefers the resonance and generally poor off axis response of guitar cabinets there is a sure fire way to get it. I must add though that in my general experience I haven't liked the KPA as much into my Trademark 60 nor partnered with an EHX Magnum 44 fed to a VHT Special 1X12 as compared to direct. One might argue that the cabs/amps were the weaker links in these chains, but they sound very pretty darn good with my Digitech GSP1101 or ZOOM G3.

The 'hardest' I can get it (ooer missus) is to put the depth at 10, crossover at minimum and then put the stereo at 0%. Rate as required by the song. But, it's still pretty polite compared with some out there.

Doing this, it's still not a square wave thing and it does not kill the output dead.... it's then more like and opto trem.... If you set the rate at minimum and hit a note, you'll see that it ALMOST kills it in the troughs but not completely and it's going there and back pretty softly. I like it, but it's more 60's spy movie rather than an extreme jitter.

+1. I would add it needs to be after the amp as well and it's darn choppy, but not the pure square wave stuff you can do some effects boxes today.