Posts by jamesnorth

Hey James
    I got my Kemper now for a year or so... and every now and then I get the feeling that I bought the wrong unit.. On it´s own the Kemper sounds nicely and all but I cant really handle this sound in a mix.. in double tracking guitars it does not sound anything strong idk xD (lack of skills i guess :P). I am more into djenty death metal and tried TONS AND TONS of profiles, refined them and so on ... but I never really got the tone I could really say about: "f*ck yeah!!"
    Here´s an example: https://soundcloud.com/conrad-m-ckel/fallen (just a demo) I feel like it´s too whimpy ... ^^

I'll have a bit of a listen soon (soundcloud is broken for me at the moment), but without hearing it as a general rule, if it sounds whimpy it's probably in order:

1. Your playing (more accuracy/attitude will result in punchier sounds)
    2. Your guitar (pickups/tone settings)
    3. Amp sound or settings (Kemper)
    4. Mix/production

I really doubt that the Axe will do a better job (not a Kemper v Axe thing), because they're both good units and both are used by big acts. It'd suck to pay the extra money to get the Axe only to find the problem still exists.

If you're still bummed, get in touch with me and I'll give you a basic mix of the stems you provide just to rule it out.

Okay thanks for the pricing information :)
    As I said I'm not 100% sure about this... As I hope Kemper will release some major features like the footsie and maybe a editor on pc? I really like my Kemper but it does not give the feeling about the tone I would like to achieve.. That being said I don't know if I could do with an axe fx ^^

I hope you've checked and checked and checked about seeking that tone you're after. There are a lot of very big artists and studios (like myself) using them on all of their projects with a lot of money behind them.

If it's anything else - I totally get it ... but have a bit of a play before you conclude that it's the Kemper! :)

Fantastic update - love the speed with Rig Manager on Mac. Can just load anything from Rig Exchange and try it immediately!

My workflow just changed immensely.

I also had an issue getting onto support in the last month or two.

I never received a confirmation email for the few queries I sent through and received no correspondence later either.

It wasn't until I posted on the forum that my issue was addressed (about a month later).

I think it was a technical problem with the support framework .... maybe it's still happening?

Ladies and gents. I have had this unit since August of 2012 and it has been amazing. I wish I didn't have to sell it, but I am about to move across the country for a new job and I'm selling a bunch of my gear to ensure that I have the a nice financial cushion for the upcoming move. I will definitely purchase another one within a few months after getting settled in. It has a bunch of commercial profiles that I purchased installed. The unit itself is in excellent condition. Not a scratch anywhere on it, and the plastic film that comes on the screen was never removed. PM me for more detailed information if you are interested. Thanks!

Can't PM you - I think it's something you have to turn on in your preferences?

I've had the exact same issue with my gain knob for a few months. I'm guessing these Bourns pots that are used in the units are starting to fail as time goes by.

I'm yet to find a replacement and I'm yet to be told whether I can buy this part.

Hi Guys,

I've tried sending a request through support but for some reason I'm not getting a confirmation email ... so I'm not sure whether my request is getting through.

Of of my units has a faulty gain pot (and has had for a while). I want to repair it myself (I build lots of stuff) as it's probably out of warranty anyway, and I don't want to have to ship it away here in Australia and have downtime.

I've found the series of pot it is online, but it's a continuous turn one ... I can only find single turn ones for sale.

Can I buy one off Kemper, does anyone know if they sell parts like this?

Rock on, and thanks,

James.

Quoted from "BrewStuLLC"

A Mac version would be a lifesaver, especially since (at least here in the States) most studios use the Mac platform.
    Here in Germany I don't know one single studio (I've worked in many studios) NOT using Macs... the same here.

Same Down Under!

In recent projects I have used the Kemper on about 90% of the tracks, and only when I need something "special", that has not been profiled before, I switch on the amps. The KPA is THE best thing walking into my studio in the last 15 years, hands down!

Great insight to the process, Michael - thanks for taking the time to post.

I completely agree with this statement - pretty much use it on everything myself and I tell everyone it's the coolest thing I own.

:thumbup:

So it contains heaps of amazing sounding guitar amps and is better than the Axe FX (for you) ... but it takes a while to start up/load things?

1. Carry 800 amps into a room yourself
    2. Plug them in
    3. Move the mic between each one as you test them
    4. Note the time taken.

Shame on you Christoph!

Awesome - I'll wait until the next release.

I've got pretty much all of The Amp Factory's stuff and it was enabled on almost every profile. I'll just run a lower version for now.

Cheers guys!