Posts by Against-it

because everyone who tries the Kemper is not just satisfied with the tones, they're immediately astonished by the tones.

Well. not really, but its nice to have the Kemper.
    A real tube amp, cranked, beats the hell out of the Kemper Amp in any live situation. The Kemper is nice to have for recording or practicing.
    I still hear the problems with the Kemper which are still present in tone and feeling since day one. And I own it since day one (more or less)
    So, NOT everyone is,was or will be immediately astonished by the tones.

I don't like it when the "core members" here with their millions of posts, write down such wrong statements and tell those to people who are just new here.
    It might lead them in a wrong direction.
    Tone is always very personal, especially the Guitartone ;)

Rock on, brother

PS: To the OP
    Look in the master output section (monitor section cab sim on etc, eq flat, DB not too high)
    Many profiles need special EQ settings to make em sound more real. Dial back the higher frequencies.
    Maybe add some mid lows (at least play with them), cause they sometimes can add a certain warmth to the tone.
    Use a slot and add a Master EQ or Graphic EQ. Play with some settings.
    The majority of profiles are way to harsh. Start to work on them with your own guitar.
    Push input section button and play with these controls, too.
    Be sure none of the red Led's (Input and output) are on too long/often.
    Avoid Red LED in the output sections, cause digital distortion could be the result.

Use your own years, not others (not even mine ;-))

I have one of the earliest KPA's. Worked without any problem.
    After 2 years and 1 month the LEDs died for no reason.

It was no big deal.
    Achim (the one working in the repair department) repaired it really fast.
    I got mine back within one week (shipping days within Germany included!).

I am pretty sure these LEDs will sooner or later die again.

My advice: Wait till you have too many dead LEDs to ignore, then send it in ;)
    An always prepare yourself that some may die again after repair (other users have reported this)

Now I am no longer in warranty. let's see what happens and what they will charge for a repair in the future.
    In the meantime..rock on.

For recording and headphone/studio the Kemper is fine.
    For live a good tube amp is just so much better (I know many might reply this and that now, but you can't ignore the truth)

You can use the Kemper with certain additional (and expensive) equipment but you will never get what a good tube amp can do.
    I have tested the Kemper live, but the feeling and the dynamic of a tube amp is simply very noticeably better,even if you use Tube Power Amps for the Kemper.
    The direct feeling (and sound) of "guitar into tube amp into box" is just unbeatable (and not that expensive)

If you don't need many sounds live, buy a used Marshall (for example),crank it up and "shake it" ;)

Hi guys!

Since a couple of weeks I have problems with the built in tuner.
    Sometimes the tuner starts slowly going upwards and upwards etc and doesn't tune anymore. He is showing me very odd tunings from time to time:)
    It doesn't matter if I turn on the tuner via midi, or if I disable the midi cable, or even if I manually choose "tuner".
    This happens realtively often now and for no reason.

Even when I pull the cable from the input the tuner keeps on going for 10-15seconds.
    Very strange behaviour.

It happens with the 2.2.0 firmware, although I am using this firmware now since a couple of months.

Anybody have similar probs?

Stupid thing is that my Kemper came back today from service (LED Problem) and although I mentioned this tuner problem it is still there.
    I guess it has to be some kind of software problem?

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Ok,
    I made a downgrade to 2.01b
    and back again to the latest 2.1

Now it is working again like it should be.
    This digital stuff is making me nervous..somehow ;)

I have noticed a message that a few profiles are corrupt, but beside that no message or crash.

Should I make in general any "reset" after upgrading to avoid certain problems?
    I don't spend much time with such stuff, I can't even remember how I did this back then :)

So any advice is welcome.
    Sorry for bothering you.

Looks like all is good!

Hey there!
    Since the latest update I have noticed a difference in the clean sense adjustment.
    Actually now there is almost NO difference in loudness from 0 to 10.
    Just a very minimal change in loudness, which you can only hear when Distortion Sense is set to -5.
    I am actually saving each Clean/Distortion setting for each of my rigs and now the behavior of all rigs have changed a bit.
    I fear that I have to downgrade...

Any ideas?

Input source: Front
    Main Outputs
    Actually I haven't changed anything..I just updated.
    Input lock is OFF

On the positive side I have the feeling that the "Latency" feeling, which I had here and there, when playing with fingers and rather clean,
    is a tiny bit better now.
    Playing feels a bit more directly. But it could be a psycho effect ;)

Just another company. Just another rip-off. Same apologizes and "true stories". We all learn from our politicians, right?
    True story is: Price went up 100€ and people who helped the company to grow will be the idiots with the big nothing in the back.
    And this fact DOES reduce resell value. Only a fool (or a very "smart" guy) would tell you something different.
    Many people bought it because of the "soon" available power amp. Promise broken, kemper guys are liars. Sometimes its that simple.
    Customers are not responsible why and why not.

Give back some money to the owners of the "original" Kemper. All is good.
    Or buy it back, so people can buy something different or the Kemper with the Amp ..whatever.
    No?

At least accept and take criticism and take it like a man.
    No reply needed.

Good to hear you are happy with Kemper in live situation.

I have to say that I was more than happy as I have plugged my guitar after weeks with the Kemper
    into my old Marshall full stack again. Wow, what a difference.
    To me nothing can come close to the REAL deal, which is a true tube amp, especially live, but also for recordings.
    But its still nice to play at night with a good, but not perfect (Kemper) sound.
    And recordings are also good with the Kemper, but noticeably better with the big tube amp :)

Anyway, the Kemper Amp is a fine device with great options.

Have fun and rock on

If the commercial Amp Factory profiles sound similar to the free ones, I would not be impressed.
    I have heard MUCH better profiles for free.
    Just a little tweaking and here you go.
    The amp factory profiles are very overrated and hyped for no reason (except for making money??), if you ask me.
    I just downloaded the "go jimi go" profile (beside other TAF profiles)...just terrible.
    Fizz and hiss and nothing that sounds like Jimi.
    Why making such bad profiles public???
    I wanted to buy a few profiles from them, but after I listened to the free ones I was no longer interested.

Anyway, I am happy that many good guys
    out there are doing a great job in profiling some real amps and offering a great basic sound for us...and almost always for free.
    Many deserve respect.

Rock on and don't get corrupted

The amp factory has some
    I like their profiles very much

Some will probably crucify me now, but I like the idea of trading profiles for free (it is legal btw).
    Many people are offering profiles of their beloved amps for free in a very good and professional quality.
    It is a nice gesture to share something for free in these times of "turbo capitalism".
    Also this free sharing of profiles is an important part that makes the Kemper Amp so special AND successful (of course there are other major things involved for the success)

If I had to buy profiles then I would probably pay the original Manufacturers of the Amps, if they would offer pro profiles !
    I would be fine with it, cause they made the amps.

Although some of the profiles of the Amp Factory are not bad, I think they are not the best. Talking about the free available profiles.
    I am sure they offer some good profiles, but
    the best profiles I have found so far were all free (!)

I don't own many amps, but as soon as I get the chance I'll offer different profiles of my lovely old Fender Pro Reverb (with the master push/pull)...for free of course!

Anyway, thanks again for your help!
    Much appreciated!

Yeah, right, it feels terrible. :rolleyes:

You like to post "clever" replies, or what?
    Ok, you got thousands of posts...well well

Maybe other players have a different sense for "feeling".
    So please, no need to get sarcastic.

No one says the Kemper Amp feels "terrible", but it does not feel as good as a real amp.
    Its great for you if you don't "feel" a difference, but others do,
    Accept it !

There is no latency.
    Next question

this is an arrogant answer.

There is a noticable minimal latency. And now its 6 months later now.
    You will recognize it especially when you play clean jazz or blues solo tones.
    The feeling when you play is just not there, the sound is good though

If you play heavy chords it is not as annyoing

wow, you really need 500 profiles ? ;)
    I am trying to get along with 10...still have to delete many, many profiles though

Updating process worked fine, but if I hadn't read before NOT to interrupt,
    I probably had done it, cause for a few minutes nothing happened....at least on the screen did nothing happen

you can still create some very special, synthetic sounds though, if you be creative.
    the potential is there
    but of course no (midi) sounds are in there like Piano and stuff like that.
    Actually I always disliked such synthetic imitations of real instruments.