Posts by JHL

Hi, thanks and cool that you find some use for the profile! :) I'm regularly playing it, and like it a lot too!

Indeed the profile was done with Vox ac30 and Fender Twin together and miced up with 4 microphones, 2 on each amp. I think it was sm57, Royer 121, maybe Akg 414 and some other dynamic, not sure. But the thing is, my friend Pauli Halme was re-amping his guitar tracks for his solo album, and I asked him to let me capture a mono mix of what he had going on at the moment. So this was his tone at the moment, and we did the profiling with his tele. I also grabbed both amps separately, but think that the combination sounds best.

Here's a link if you want to hear Pauli's music, he is a great player and also wrote all of the songs on the album:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the input, and sorry for the disappointing results!

Yes, first thing I noticed when setting up to profile the amp, was that I don't have suitable space/equipment available. It would be best to do the profiles in a proper studio, not at a rehearsal space where I could really not monitor what I was doing, as the amp opened up loud pretty much covers everything, even with in ear-monitors. A studio (or something like one) with separate room/booth for the amp/cab and a good monitoring seems to be the way to go.

Also, I am happy with the v2 profiles, they have much of what I was looking for, especially the low gain profiles. :thumbup:

Hi, I'll hijack this thread for a bit just to say that I just uploaded bunch of Sig:X profiles I did today. These were my first attempts at profiling so be kind, please! You can find them by searching for Fryette in the Rig Exchange, or by my username JHL.

I did the profiles off my main settings when playing rehearsals with Sig:X, for fun I tried a few different mics: v1 Shure SM57 off axis, v2 Shure SM57 on axis, v3 an Audix D6 (yes it's a kick drum mic...) on axis, v4 Sennheiser e906 on axis. The version number refers to the number at the end of each profile. Cab is the Fryette Fatbottom 4x12.

Amp channels are Cln for Clean, Rhm for Rhythm, Ld for Lead and in general B is for boost (the amp has this function on every channel). Ie: Fryette Sig:X RhmB 3 = Rhythm channel with boost on, recorded with D6.

For my tastes, generally the v2 sounds best, v3 worst. :D

E: Oh and there are no effects on, just the raw profiles, when you open them up. In the effects section there are a few few things bypassed, but I uploaded these with "tweak to your liking" in mind, the effects are just some left overs from the preset I used as the initial starting point.