Posts by Labrat

Hmm I dunno.
    I still have the feeling that the manual doesn't get enough love by many fully grown male individuals...
    The example list above gives me a feeling of redundancy...

My sentiments.

i second this motion. A manual is After all the official source of knowledge. The WiKPA is a Standin to cover all stuff that did not made to the manual. And just Face it, the manual will never be uptodate compared to the WiKPA. Lets do Not Start a second standin and get back to play more guitar!
    :D
    Labrat

I had my Kemper on the floor at last rehearsal as I ran direct and didn't think about bringing some sort of stand. I stepped too close on my guitar cable near the jack and unplugged the unit. My heart skipped a beat as for a moment I thought I had broken in the input jack. Maybe I'm a cheap bastard, but a > $1500 device on the floor is too much for my heart to handle. And if your hoping for a Line 6 priced product with Kemper tone, pretty sure your going to have to wait quite a long time for that...

I got my KPA on an IKEA basement shelf in the Band room. The Guitar cable is wrapped around the shelf Foot 3 times and goes with plenty of slack into the KPA input. The reason: I pulled a Laney Head of the cab with the guitar cable, while in "Action". I do not want this to Happen to my toaster, nor will it ever sit next to my 1010 on the floor!
    ;(
    Labrat

PS: this autocorrection on the iPad sucks!

I try out new Profiles everyday.

I copy and paste about 20 onto a USB stick, Import into the Kemper...maybe 30 seconds work.
    Then I go to "Last Imported", play a Profile for a few seconds, decide whether it has potential for my tone tastes, if not I delete it.
    Takes me about 5 minutes to check out 20 Profiles and delete or save them.

It took me far more time to check out 20 new patches using the PC Editor on my Pod HD500.

My method is the same, but first I had to reduce from 500 plus rigs:

• Made backup from KPA on stick
    • Put stick on PC
    • Make copy of backup and store safely!
    • 7zip decompress backup in new directory
    • Plug guitar in KPA and play (I use a sequence of chords and single tones, like a standard tune of mine that I use to check guitars as well).
    • Decide if rig stays or goes - If it goes delete on PC
    • Pack the reminder of the rigs in the directory and put back on the KPA (replace)

With this method I've reduced the rig on the KPA in 3 hrs from 550 to about 150. I might have lost valuable rigs, but I can always play them back. ;)

The mentioned "20 rig check" fits well in this schema and deleting single rigs on the KPA is no hassle (at least for me....)

Labrat

LOL! Besides the sad outcome which gave you the blues it is a great blues :thumbup:
    Thanx for sharing!

Rules Of The Blues (Unknown Origin - found while cleaning up one of my PC's)

1. Most Blues begin, "Woke up this morning..."

2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."

3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes... sort of: "Got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pound."

4. The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch--ain't no way out.

5. Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft and company motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.

6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just clinical depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place that don't get rain.

8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg cause you were skiing is not the blues. Breaking your leg 'cause a alligator be chompin' on it is.

9. You can't have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.

10. Good places for the Blues:
    a. Highway
    b. Jailhouse
    c. An empty bed
    d. Bottom of a whiskey glass

11. Bad places for the Blues:
    a. Nordstrom's
    b. Gallery openings
    c. Ivy league institutions
    d. Golf courses

12. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be a old ethnic person, and you slept in it.

13. You have the right to sing the Blues if:
    a. You older than dirt
    b. You blind
    c. You shot a man in Memphis
    d. You can't be satisfied

14. You don't have the right to sing the Blues if:
    a. You have all your teeth
    b. You were once blind but now can see
    c. The man in Memphis lived
    d. You have a pension fund

15. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Sonny Liston could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.

16. If you ask for water and your darlin' give you gasoline, it's the Blues

17. Other acceptable Blues beverages are:
    a. Cheap wine
    b. Whiskey or bourbon
    c. Muddy water
    d. Nasty black coffee

18. The following are NOT Blues beverages:
    a. Perrier
    b. Chardonnay
    c. Snapple
    d. Slim Fast

19. If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a broke-down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or while getting liposuction.

20. Some Blues names for women:
    a. Sadie
    b. Big Mama
    c. Bessie
    d. Fat River Dumpling

21. Some Blues names for men:
    a. Joe
    b. Willie
    c. Little Willie
    d. Big Willie

22. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Debbie, and Heather can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.

23. Make your own Blues name Starter Kit: a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.) b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Melon, Kiwi, etc.) c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.) For example: Blind Lime Jefferson, Jackleg Lemon Johnson or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc. (Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")

24. I don't care how tragic your life: if you own even one computer, you cannot sing the blues.

Another revealing experience for me was this: I was a bit unhappy with some details in the sound but then instead of editing some parameters on the Kemp (I wanted to dial in some mids in the EQ) I decided for a change to sit down and just practice nice and warm picking methods. And after an hour of just slowly training the fingers for a good attack - bang, there it was: big sound!

Yes, some of the sound is still in the fingers! This is a good hint!
    Right now I'm deleting rigs to get way below count of 100. Goal is to reach 50 to 70 to do the final selection during band rehearsal.

From the first demo I got hooked. Since I don't have the knowledge and the equipment to produce good rigs - actually I don't have to 8o - my main fun comes from playing this Über-Gadget at home and with the band. It is the first time since years where I am happy with my sound. 6 years ago when I got my Hiwatt I thought now the search is over, but I've spend considerable time and money to search and hunt for the right stompboxes to get this creamy, rich, a bit pincing, smacking and chiming sound - you guy know what I mean :)
    I'm glad I didn't pick the JVM410 over the Kemper!
    Despite all the catastrophic messages left and right on errors, red screens, dead LEDs and so on I'm one happy kemperette! Things will get good!
    Thank you CK and your Team in the "Pott"

Labrat

It looks like that is advised to use the UNO chip for better functioning of the whole FCB1010. I've got the Volume Pedal working after resetting/syncing the FCB1010. The stomps are set up for the upper row, but did not had enough time to look into the final parameter setting. The lower row is working fine with selected rigs where I've set the equivalent midi numbers. Trust me, by the time you've selected 5 rigs as presets there is always a rig that you like to try within a song to hear/ compare the sound.... ;)
    I've also not have set the wah yet, again time constraints. Hopefully I can do that during the holidays.
    I've tried to link to the extra expression pedal thread > your third expr pedal, but did not found it quickly. On the back of the Kemper are two jacks labeled Switch/Pedal to deal with this situation. The forum as a thread dealing with those jacks.
    Labrat