Posts by Mister_Riff

A big thank you back ;)

I got the Evil Robot Philx single pack and while I thought I had all the profiles I could ever need ... this somehow fills a gap I didn't knew I had :P

The service and communication for me has always been 100% flawless :thumbup: (even the discount code)

Support also thinks it's a hardware issue and that I should contact my dealer and initiate the repair procedure.

For the people that want a brief summeration:
    Problem:=> A crackling sound like found in the link of my first post:
    - This in all the outputs (even the headphone output).
    - Even with another rig, another guitar, everything in a rig turned off, another firmware, other cables, another power outlet, only guitar and headphones connected
    - Crackling sound usually appears after a while of playing and doesn't disappear
    - Letting the Kemper sit powered down for more than an hour or changing firmware removes the crackling sound but it returns after a while of playing

Have to say that the Kemper support team was very cool about it in their mail ...

I re-upgraded to 2.0.1. today.

I was still getting the crackling sound (even with everything disengaged). I then tried 3 other cables, 2 other guitars, using headphones and even went to another room to try another power outlet. Still crackling on the output.

So I opened a ticket with support today ... many thx for the comments but I'll see what the Kemper team says now.

Thx for trying to help guys! :thumbup:

I was using the latest firmware but I downgraded to try and fix the problem but I'll give it another shot.

I sure hope it's not my soundboard (like that guy in the thread)... the weird thing is indeed that it's intermittent and I tried another guitar and it didn't go away.

We'll see what'll happen today ... I'll be sure to update this thread so people suffering from something similar will have something to compare with.

update:

I went to check out if the problem would return if I would play for more than 15 minutes ... sure enough: after about an hour of playing on firmware 1.8.2, the crackling returned :(

I then unplugged the kemper and monitors and used another power strip (something like this ) and the crackling was gone ...

Tomorrow I'll go out and buy me a new power strip and check if it returns ... so far I'm pretty much stumped on what the problem could be other than the Kemper since the crackling seems to appear after about an hour of playing and downgrading/leaving it off for a while/unplugging everything and using another power strip all seemed to work ?(

If any of you have had something similar happen once or got some more things I could try: I'm all ears! ... If it returns tomorrow with the new power strip I'll have to contact support I guess ... :S

Hey all,

I seem to have a strange problem. My Kemper gives off a crackling sound (Link to hear it).

Yesterday I had this for the first time and at first I thought it was my power socket, so I tried another one and same thing. Then I changed out every single cable and same thing again. Then I turned off the Kemper for a long while and let it sit for an hour and came back to it: problem was fixed and no more crackling (or so I thought). I then played for 2-3 hours and it didn't come back.

Today I'm playing and at first no crackling sound ... after about an hour of playing the crackling returns. So I then unplug everything that's not the Kemper or my monitors. Still crackling sound ... I then downgrade to firmware 1.8.2 and crackling is gone. Played 15 min and no return of the crackling.

The first time that I had it (yesterday) I also:
    - Tried another guitar
    - Tried another profile
    - Turned of everything in a profile: still audible crackling

Could this be a firmware problem or is it maybe the heat that's been going on in Belgium or ...? Fwiw: I've had my Kemper for about a full year.

I just bought this as well ... had a 2 hour play with just the 1980z profile 8)

Playing with the definition, power sagging and compression of the amp I was able to get so many sound out of this one ... just CRAZY badass

I changed my avatar accordingly for this one :D :P 8o

Thx so much Kemper team :thumbup: :thumbup:

[Youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Updating didn't go from the first time but I had seen this comment:

Updated the KPA to 1.5.4 = workie. Immediately updated KPA to 1.6 = workie

I would recommend moving to 1.5.4 if you haven't already, before trying the 1.6 :thumbup:

Updated to 1.5.4 first and then updated to 1.6 ... went flawless!

Thx a lot Kemper Team :thumbup:

Now to administer some more rock 8) :D

When I had it:

I turned of the Kemper ... turned it back on ... didn't load after 5 minutes. So I turned the Kemper back off and waited for 30 min ... turned it back on and still didn't load (I gave it 10 minutes at least to load the rigs)

Then I tried to do all the resets (System, Rig, Quick) ... none of them had any effect. (to be honest I was a bit worrysome at this point and waited at the most a couple of minutes at each green screen)

Then I tried booting the firmware from the USB and that did the trick ... all my rigs would boot like normal and have since ... I play my Kemper every day and haven't had the problem again.

As for number of rigs: I have 275 rigs, 25 cabinets and 3 snapshots on my Kemper.

PLZ also release these amps available in a singular way :)

I'm very much a metal player but have never really liked the sound of a JSX or Krank for instance ...

Of course I understand if you don't want to ... they are YOUR profiles after all ...

Anyway: I love the profiles I've bought from you and I'm sure I'll get more! Yesterday I was "stuck" on the Soldano OD+ profile you made for 3 hours ... so awesome! :D

I have bought a couple of individual amps and have to say that the 6505 in rig pack 3 is INSANE :thumbup:

Has anyone with active pickups tried out the Orange Thunderverb profiles? I thinking of getting this or the JCM 800 with the hot mod (or maybe both) :P

Many thx @ everyone involved with The Amp Factory ;)