Posts by MarcelK-O

I must say. I love these profiles. I've been using my profiler for almost 4 years and I've never tried out Deadlight stuff until a few days ago after I finally installed rig manager. Yeah I know. I live under a rock it seems. So I was skimming through the rig exchange and then,,,WHAMMO,,, I hit on these awesome profiles from Deadlight. Then checked out their website and their profiles. Bought the Black Friday deal. These Profiles are good for any and everything. Not just Metal. I'm very happy. Thanks .

PS
    Can I double dip on the sale and buy another 5 for 3 :P

Great job..

I'm not debating on the subject of ethics, but if a royalty was required to play a Kemper, well then I'd have to pay it to play it. That being said. If you took 3 recording engineers and gave them the same amp to profile, with a criteria to create a clean, a crunch and a hi gain profile,I assume the chances are you would end up with 3 different sounding profile packs. So my point is that the profile is in the ear. I think it's about aesthetics not circuits. Then if you were to give those packs out to the community and not tell anyone what amp was profiled, they may assume that they were 3 different amps. You may have profiled a JSX and they may think it was a TSL 2000. Just like a plug in compressor on your computer. It looks like an 1176, so it sounds like one. Strip away the image of the 1176 and you may end up thinking that the plugin doesn't sound very good.

In my opinion, there is a sonic difference between a Kemper and a real amp. It doesn't seem to capture everything, but it's a very convincing emulator indeed and a wonderful tool.

I really like the Heavy Pack. It's got that high gain legato feel. And also works well for Joe Satriani stuff and beyond. As for the edgier sound, it's a nice edge from all of the extra harmonics added with extra gain. Which by the way have a great punch. None of that shrill , thin and tinny. Just fat goodness. The merged profiles work well too with a real cab. But I am leaning towards the studio profile going through the cab. It gives me more roundness as best as I can describe. Please consider to continue merged profiles . They are a nice addition to the packs. Yes I really dig all the amp profiles in this pack. Thanks for making them Michael.

I'm also experiencing this. Turning the cabinet off on the tone stack sounds great to me. Turning cab off in monitor does not sound the same. What do we have to do to get the right setting?

I've played around with it. Cabinet off on the tone stack yields a very tight and authentic pre amp sound. On the other hand turning cab off on the monitor out may sound alike, It is more saggy and has a different harmonic to it and not as tight.Like a bit off latency. Hard to describe.
    Having said that. With the cab off in monitor, It is still useable just not as pleasing.

The more I compare the better I can describe the feeling.
    Cab off tone stack. Very tight and articulate. Fast response and real feeling.
    Cab off monitor. None of the above. Sloppy and saggy. It only sounds the same, kind of.

I'd honestly be surprised if it was indeed 100% accurate separation, but could it be perhaps you're not happy with the results due to some inconsistencies in profiling methodology, Per? I was looking at the DI box that Kemper uses for profiling. From the webpage:"Now with Direct Profiling Kemper have gone even further and are able to capture the sound of a tube-amp including its power-amp separately from the cab - even when the cabinet load is active. This works by tapping the sound exactly where it hits the speaker cabinet: The speaker output! As high voltage and high wattage are present, a dedicated DI is required. This specialized DI box is capable of scaling down the tube power amp voltage to a line-level signal, suitable for the Profiler, on a XLR output jack. The high-power signal is forwarded to the speaker cabinet through a different output jack."So could the DI box you're using have some role to play? The old DI profiles before the firmware was made beta did not sound 100% representative to me, they had an odd character about them when compared to the original amp. I don't have a power amp, so I have no idea how the magic works, but it is of continuing interest to me. Also, can someone confirm whether normal profiles sound the same way when profiled with 2.8? Asking because there was a firmware revision some time back where commercial profilers and others were suggesting that the sound had changed.

A DI box with a transformer in it may round off the edges I suppose. A custom DI may be in order to get the best result.Looking forward to more info on this matter. Thanks to all who have been testing this feature.