Posts by Javlin7

If someone made this "ears" solution... I would buy it ! Great idea !

Hope someone can help... I've been looking around on the web for some advice but it's not clear.

I've just brought a yr 2000 Jackson PC1. It's pretty battered, but with a bit of polish (and a new floyd... previous owner must sweat pure acid !)it'll fix up pretty good.

The only thing I'm unsure about is how to clean the fretboard and back of the neck. It's unfinished maple.

Any one got a similar neck ? how do you clean it ? I use lemon oil on my rosewood fingerboards but I've heard it's a no no for untreated maple.

Thanks

Mike

Can anyone help ? I think I'm probably doing something stupid.

I'm using a M-Audio EX-P Universal Expression Controller Pedal, as a midi controlled volume pedal via my Rocktron Access.

The problem I'm having is that it's not behaving as I'd expect... ie there is not a smooth transition from volume 0 at the heel position and max at the toe position. Basically it's off at heel which I'd expect, then when I move towards the toe it goes a small way with no affect, then jumps to full, so it's acting more like an on/off pedal than a volume/swell pedal.

I've looked in the manual but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The volume pedal range in the rig section is set to -5, if I set it to 0 then the heel position is no longer 0 volume...

Is it me or is the pedal knackerd ?

Thanks

Mike

I've just picked up a Jackson PC1 which takes me to 8.

2 Ibanez Jems

Ibanez 7 string

Fernandes revolver elite

ESP LTD EC1000

Jackson PC1

Avalon L25 acoustic

Ibanez bass

As with some of the previous comments... each time I buy one the wife says "have you got everything you need now ???!" My answer is always..."yes... for now !" :thumbup:

yeah I know that feeling. :thumbup: GAS is a terrible affliction... I thought I'd satisfied it by getting the Kemper.... then guitar GAS kicked in an I bought a Jackson PC1 ! Hope it works out for you... from what I've seen already, the Kemper team are awesome, so if you do get any issues I'm sure they'll help you out.

Guitar>>line 6 relay 50>>>digitech whammy DT>>>KPA>>>Marshall 9100>>>2 Marshall 2x12's one closed back with Vintage greenbacks, the other open backed with a vintage and a herritage celestion.>>>Sm57>>> PA

Haven't gone to FOH direct yet, I may experiment by I'm very happy with the sound like this, and so is the sound engineer (plus I use the main outs on the KPA to use the Marshall 9100 in stereo.

blows the other guitar players axe fx 2 FRFR set up out of the water ( IMHO ;) )

I've got EMG's on all my guitars. Usually an 81 at the bridge, SA in middle position and either 85 or 60 at the neck. On my guitars with two humbuckers I use an 81 and a HA (single coil in humbucker format) as I find this give me more options.

Got a Fernandes revolver elite with sustainer and an EMG 81... if you haven't tried a sustainer you need to, hours of fun !

Not me man.... (not yet anyway)

Lots of profiles to try on here before I resort to paying for them (not knocking those who do though! ;) )

Always wanted a Carvin Legacy... now I have one thanks to your profiles... Thanks :thumbup:

How cool is it to be able to "own" every amp you've ever had GAS for ???! I think this Kemper buzz will never get old ! :D

Looks like a good solution, although when I purchased my Kemper from the guys and Andertons two weeks ago, I got the Kemper gig bag half price :thumbup: , for £40 I think this is a great bag.... although if I was touring I'd definately invest in a hard case or rack mount solution. For occaisional transport of the Kemper this bag is great though.

cheers

Mike