Posts by Javlin7

No I don't have the CC numbers used more than once. I managed to make it work by switching the on and off values around.... so that the first press on the access sends the off command... problem is I'd have to set this for each preset.... I might do that at some point... unless the Kemper foot controller comes along in the meantime.

Thanks

Mike

Hello

Firstly....I have to say I've only had my Kemper a few days, and it's already the best bit of Guitar Tech I've ever owned...I love it already, and I know I've not even scratched the surface of what it can do.

Hope this is not a stupid newbie request.....

I've now set my Kemper up linked to my pedal board, and connected two double switches (stereo) to the two pedal sockets on the back of the Kemper. I was hoping to have one of them to switch the delay on/off and have the Tap function on it.

However, from what I can see I can only assign the Tap funtion to a mono pedal (it works with the double pedal but only one of the pedals is active).

Can we have it so the TAP and Delay on/off is assignable to a double pedal please ??

Thanks

Mike

Hi Michael

Thanks for this thread. It was very useful. I set up my all access to the kemper in no time. :thumbup: I'm using it pretty much the same as you with two expression pedals, which is cool as it frees up the pedal sockets on the back of the Kemper. I've got two double switches plugged in there so even more options.

Pity you don't get the name of the rig displayed in the all access, and that the LEDs on the pedals don't sync with the effects... ie if your rig has the stomp 1 activated the LED doesn't light on the midi board (can you do this ?)

Also I've found that if a stomp is on in a rig, I have to press the pedal twice to switch it off (but then it behaves normally ie one click is back on, another click is off. However, if I connect a double switch to the back of the kemper it works as I would expect ie if the stomp is on.... one click switches it off....... if the stomp is off.... one click switches it on.

Have I done something wrong in my setup ? :S

Thanks

Mike

So the Kemper arrved... updated firmware, downloaded some rigs from the exchange (thanks guys !)

First impressions.... sounds awesome through my tannoy active reveals...

Got it hooked up to my Marshall 9100 and cabs yesterday... a few short tweeks of the eq knobs and the stock sounds are amazing... blows my rocktron Prophesy 2 away.. clean and distorted sounds.

I know I'm not getting the most accurate sounds of the profiled amps... but I'm getting the best sound I've ever had with this thing and that has to be the main objective right ?

Just need to figure out the Wah settings, and finish programming my all access and I'm ready to rock !

Looking forward to the dedicated foot controller though.

Quick question

I've got a couple of Napalm double switches, I'm pretty sure they are the latching type... will these work plugged direct into the Kemper to control Tap, Tuner, stomps.... or does it have to be momentary ?

Thanks

Hi guys,

So my Kemper is ordered and will arrive in the next few days :thumbup: . First job will be the firmware update and the 4 things suggested in another thread. then I'll be downloading the Metallica and Megadeth etc profiles I've seen on you tube...

Have any of you guys got any profiles that sound like Ty Tabor of Kings X ? I love his sound, particularly the cleans and slightly distorted sounds he gets.

by the way... thanks to all you guys on here, reading through previous posts has been a big part in my deciding to go for the Kemper over the AXE FX.

cheers

Mike

Thanks for the replys guys. Still have GAS for the Kemper, although I'm not so sure now if it's not going to sound good through my set up, it would be great for the studio though, but i was hoping to replace my rocktron Prophesy 2 with the kemper in my live set up. I really don't want to have to shell out for new cabs and power amp. the Rocktron sounds great through the Marshall with cab sims off.

I did goto my local music shop to try one out but they were less than helpfull... they asked me how I wanted to set it up.... I said via a tube power amp, or the fx return of a valve combo.... they said "headphones might be better !" and presented me a set ! :thumbdown:

It sounded amazing through the headphones... but I still don't know if I can use this live....

Certainly won't be buying the Kemper from them !

Hi, Just joined the forum as I have serious GAS about getting a Kemper. I'm hoping to try one out later this week.

I currently use a Rocktron Prophesy 2 into a Marshall 9100 which drives 2 marshall 2x12's for my live sound. I've also got an eventide timefactor in the stereo effects loop.

So my current thought is sell the rocktron, and buy a Kemper...

My question for you guys is...... can I go from the main outs of the Kemper direct to the Marshall 9100 with the Cab sims switched off ? As I really want to keep the stereo setup....

I'm not bothered about going direct to the PA I'd prefer to mic the cabs with my trusty SM57's.

Thanks alot.

Mike :thumbup: