Posts by bigb6611

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The problem I have with my current headphones is mainly the high end frenquencies, which I find do not translate well in the headphones, compared to what I hear in my studio monitors.

adok54, I totally get it - the extended bass frequency range is not really something desirable, at least for me.

Anyone else? :)

Hey guys,

As per the title, I am very curious to know what your preferred headphones are, for in-ear monitoring in a live context?

I have been using the Mee Audio MX3 Pro for a few year, and quite frankly, I feel I could get better in-ear sound.

Looking forward for your thoughts/recommendations, thank you all!

Ben

While we saw the interactive profiling and the amp parameters as a chance for achieving the best profiling results, it now seems to be a burden for those that have a different dedication.

Maybe it's time to rethink our approach.

Thanks for your input ckemper. As always, very informative and valuable.

So if you ever do rethink your approach, please do it in an incremental manner? Maybe keep the actual profiling process as is, and then add a "key in the hand" option for those who would like a non-interactive profiling process?

Tim,

Your SLO100 pack absolutely kills!! I love the tones I am getting. Here is a short demo I put together to showcase some of the profiles in the Slow 100 MKII pack. All profiles were recorded with no tweaking per se. I just disabled all stomps/effects for recording, then used a tad of EQing on the rhythm guitar bus.

Another great pack from LRS 8)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Killer post Chris Duncan !

To me live use vs studio use is a big differentiator - the Marshall Plexi profile dialed in for Bad Company which sounds great for a recording situation may not always work for a live situation, and vice versa. I don't mean to deviate from the original topic, but making your own profiles may come in as an option. Dialing/profiling in your amp the way you like it, for your situation (live/studio) is a killer option we have with the profiler!

Indeed, some great profiles to be had from Choptones! On the other hand, I can’t say their tagging system is top notch - referring to an accompanying pdf file is kind of a bummer, especially considering the great tagging system the KPA offers.

Still, great work on the profiles, nice variety of amp and speakers!

I have recently been programming my KPA for a live show which is all synced to a click track - the Kemper manual was of good source of info, as it is pretty clear on which features can be addressed via midi. Look in the MIDI section of the manual.

The only thing which is still not perfectly clear to me is the morphing via slots buttons (base state/morphed state/return to base state).