Posts by gibson5413

It sounds very good. Many friends dislike diezel amp. But is it really the amp they dislike? How you dial it in, cab, mics, pickups used to sculpt the tone, even technique of player all come into play, let alone mixing, for an end product. Amp is just one parameter in this even if (relatively) important. So it is no wonder to me if cili lab makes a very good pack. Someome else can make diezel sound "bad", but that is not too telling of the amp itself imho. At least it rarely is when it comes to these cases.

I will test the profiles in "spit out the bone" when out.

I had tried a VH4 about 8 years back at a Guitar Center. I’m thinking a big part of the reason I didn’t love it had more to do with the cab it was hooked up to. The speakers were not a good match. That being said...really looking forward to Cili’s pack as he creates well rounded profiles for many styles...not just metal.

@Dimi84 Here's 3 'tallica riffs! Thick mids and punchy low end! :rolleyes:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds really good! Have to admit I have never been a huge Diezel fan but this sounds great! Really looking forward to the pack.

There is some marketing bluster going on with their ads. I see a lot of it with several commercial profilers to be fair as well.

Well and truly saturated!!!! I watched the video on there website of David talking about the profiles and yes a tape machine was used. Damn I wish these profiles were £30 or less I’d just dive in and take the risk

I will definitely spend time with the pack and report back. I feel like I have a pretty good reputation here and I have no affiliation to STL or any other commercial profiling business. I will make some raw clips and report back with my unbiased opinion. Let me know if there are specific types of clips you want to hear. I typically like to make "in the mix" clips but if you want them without backing tracks...cool! I'll say this in advance...I can't or won't give my opinion on the tape reel aspect of the profiles. I believe it only has to do with the way it captures the amp signal in the profiling process. I'm just hoping for really good quality recording rock guitar tones.

I love the Crummett and Benson pack . I've tried a few from a couple of other packs they were not to my liking. They are like any other commercial profiler...some are great and some have less use (at least for me). Definitely more of a mix ready/home recording set of profiles. I pre-ordered the new Bendeth pack as it sounds super promising.

I didn't love the free profiles but the ones I've purchased have had some really great ones (some of my very favorites on my Kemper). The Crummet pack has some of my very favorite Marshall, MB Recto and Friedman BE100 profiles available (especially for recording). The Benson pack has a couple of really killer Wizard amp profiles as well. Value of these profiles will differ from player to player but I really like them for my use. I'm working on some clips but it will be a little while as I am swamped at work.

I am a huge fan of MBritt, Ton(e)hammer)/Deadlight, RZ, TopJimi and a few others and these have their place in that grouping for me.

I grabbed these a little while back and through them in my Kemper's Performance slots. Some great stuff. The effects settings for P&W is awesome!!

I'm working on an official 3rd Power pack. The first one will be his CSR 40. I'm planning on Black Friday release along with some other goodies.

I hope it was cool that I posted the teaser. I saw it on Instagram so I assumed it was okay. Looking forward to this Michael!!

I have that exact same cab and I love it. There is something really special about the V30 speakers Reinhold puts in his cabs. Looking forward to new profiles coming soon. Will you be doing and updates to previous packs or will it just be for new profiles going forward? Either way...I'm excited.

I offer deals if you want a bunch. Guys haven't seemed to want packs that have bought profiles from me. I did have them listed on my site but I've got so many different amps up now and I add to the various type of mods that as I mod more amps so it was hard to keep up.
    Profiles isn't my business so time is limited. Repairing, modding, and custom builds is how I survive. Working alone here it's hard to find the time for sound clips and a fancy site for the few profiles I sell. Maybe someday! :)

I can vouch for Jerry...he is good people! He has been a contributing member of the old HCAF and Rig-Talk forums for years and has a ton of credibility (not just with me). Looking forward to purchasing some of these profiles!

Not to derail the thread too much but ... Have you, by any chance, picked up the Howard Benson pack as well? I'm interested in it but besides the two videos by the STL guys there seem to be no information about it on the internet ... no clips by them on Soundcloud, no sample profile, no opinions in any forum (that I could find) ?(

Yes, I have the Howard Benson pack. They are great!! I am not in front of my studio computer but there are some really great profiles in this one too. I am looking forward to picking up the new pack on Oct 20th as well.

Yup me too!!, I nearly had a heart attack cause i saw the RIP!!....thankfully i had some cold beer on hand when i read its just a name change :rolleyes::D ... back to my medication 8o^^ . Deadlights...reminds me of Stephen Kings "IT" (the deadlights are in the story)...I remember reading how Stephen King came up with the Pennywise clown...he asked Kids what scared them the most and they said clowns or some thing lol...thats enoigh of my BS for now. Pheeeeew!!!

Ash

Ha! Reminds me of the Deadites from Evil Dead!

As long as you aren't shutting your doors. I was nervous when I saw "Ton(e)hammer RIP". Glad you're still in business.