Posts by kriswylde

Actually that is good idea, don't know why I didn't think about it !!!! I will go get one because it is really frustrating getting it in the USB underneath my rack.

About the software, I tried one but it wasn't communicating midi wise with my computer so I gave up !!!

At this point, I don't think Kemper are really working on a editor or at least a librairian, I mean how long does it take if you really start working on one and you're a programmer and you're main job is, "Make an editor for the Kemper" !!!!!

It's been what, over a year !!! I think about this Bs everytime I have to load new profiles in my Kemper and it in and enclosed rack and I have to go all the way in the back in the dark to plug my USB stick. We're in 2013 here .That is one of my main gripes with Kemper ..

There might be a good reason why companies with big money like Line6, fender and others don't release new firmware with feature updates and fixes every month.
    I can imagine editors for products with frequent updates and new features like the kemper demand much more maintenace. The Axe fx editor problem is a very good example. It's had a great editor earlier but it gets frequent FW updates and the editor can't keep up causing major problems for a year now rendering it useless. Fractal even hired more editor staff at the beginning of the year but it takes them a lot of time. I think these more complex gear with frequent updates needs much more demanding editors and that takes time to develop unlike a line 6 editor.

I'm no so sure Kemper is not big $$$ !!! Line6 has to sell 4 to 5 units more for every Kemper. If Kemper sold for example 4184 units at average $2000 usd, a piece (4184 = how many registered members here ) that is roughly 8.5 million $$$ gross in sales. not too bad for a small company for about a year !!!! and that's not counting the new power rack which is more $$$ or owners that have more than 1 kemper and maybe not everyone registers to be on the forum !!!

Line6 did many upgrades and there was always a new editor to go with it !!! I dig the sound of the Kemper no doubt, but feature wise it is lacking in the editor dept... i'd like to be able to recall profiles directly from my computer. I could liberate my kemper of profiles much easily. It is a PITA the way it is now with the USB stick honestly !!!

The fact is a $300 to $500 Pod xxx has a great editor, you can send patches to and from, you can send and try a new patch without saving it....making me save patches in my computer, librairian wise would be very useful. Maybe kemper should hire the programmers at Line 6 to teach them how to make an editor.

Yeah that is great news !!!!. hope it doesn't take too long though !!! That is the one thing I miss from my Pod HD days, it had a great rig editor, hence it doesn't sound the same though !!!!

Love my Kpa but sure would like to get a working Librairian or edit tool. My Pod hd was a pleasure for this, don' know why the KPA can't have the same options by now !!!!