Posts by Ezergeezer

Hey Ezergeezer, do you have the details of the UK repairer you used please? My Kemper blew up a few days ago, it went dead & there were blue sparks visible through the vent, above the power lead. I checked the lead, it was secure & I used it on an amp, with no issues.

It is out of warranty & I do have a support ticket but it's the risk of sending it to Germany & the potential customs problems to deal with which puts me off.

Here's the guys email.

[email protected]

I've had some experience with company warranties before. Usually, if the product is still in warranty, any repair done by a non-licensed or non-authorized company can void the warranty. After the warranty period is over then it doesn't matter who fixes it because the manufacturers legal responsibility is over (with exception such as negligence, safety issues, etc.). It's just that a repair company cannot brand itself as a "licensed" or "authorized" repair without permission of the manufacturer, but can still advertise as a specific make and model repair shop.

So, "My shop repairs Kemper products" is okay as long as you don't say "I am a "certified", "licensed", or "authorized" repair shop without manufacturers' consent.

As to advertising on this site then that's up to Kemper, but he is free to advertise anywhere else.

Thanks BayouTexan, just wanted to help any long time users with old Kempers like mine past the warranty. If Kemper had a UK Service centre

it would've gone there first. I'm still not trusting UK import/export either. At least now I have a back up for my Stage ha ha!!

Sits nicely in my home studio too. :)

Geezer

Hi, would there be a problem advertising a repair service for Kemper units in the UK. As you well know import and export for mere mortals to and from Europe is a nightmare currently

and I did not want to risk losing it, or getting ridiculous import fee charges from UK customs?

I had my 10 year old Kemper toaster repaired (blown power supply) in UK by an electronics whizz I know locally. He managed to acquire a new Power Supply

from Kemper Germany (thanks guys that is support for you) and repaired the unit to fully working order. Currently as you know only repair Centres are Europe or US.

The unit completely powered off by itself and would not restart till several minutes later. I changed the power cable, and changed the power socket I was using, left for a few minutes and would reboot and start up again only to power off again a few minutes later.

OS Version 8.7.6 38112

I only run in performance mode

1 expression pedal for WAH connected to Kemper pedal board, nothing else.

Can't really narrow down as it just powers off. One thing though it will not power up straight after a cut off, have to leave for a few minutes.

I will install latest OS and restart to see how long it stays on.

Geezer

Hi, I'm owner of first generation profiler 10 years. It's been faultless till now, but I'm stuffed. I'd like to send for repair

but can risk sending to Germany as Import/Export situation a nightmare at the momemt (Brexit :rolleyes:).

I'm in UK. Does anyone know of any Kemper repairers in UK?

Ezergeezer

Hi all, I have an 2012 toaster and a number of the LED's are not lighting up now. I would like to send for a service. Any rough idea of the cost?

I'm also a little apprehensive, as this Kemper has done hundreds of gig's and never let me down in 8 years, and is easily the best piece of musical equipment I've ever bought in 40 Years.

Geezer

Hi Guys, 8 years in and still loving the Kemper. Here's a link to a recent show, hope you like it. Michael Britt profiles being used.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Geezer