Posts by chantysboy7

I've been using the Kemper on Sundays for a couple of years now. I recently ditched my drive pedals, save one homemade WIIO that I use for boost on solo stuff. All the profiles I use are MBritt. Most common are 65 Proverb, Princeton, Marshalls, Colonials, and occasionally Vox stuff. So now, I just get my drive from the various amps. It's easier and lets me sort of develop my own sound. The delays and reverbs are what really gives most of the P&W sound, for me anyway. If the new delays are all we're hoping they will be, I may may ditch my Strymon stuff as well and finally lose the huge pedalboard

Is anybody else using a Boss ES-8 with the Kemper? I'm trying to use the 4 cable method but when I do I'm only getting the direct signal from the guitar. It's like the Kemper is being bypassed completely. No matter which amp or effect I change to on the Kemper the sound doesn't change. Just a clean signal. I've tried different cables and combinations and it has no effect. If I remove the loop on the Kemper then all the amps switch just fine. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

I had to play a song this week that had the lead part doubled an octave higher and an octave lower. I wanted to bring out the higher octave a bit more, but unless I'm not seeing it, I could only mix the the octaves together with my guitar part. It would be nice to have separate mixes for each octave, would you consider this for the next upgrade?

Hey Michael,
    Still hoping for a Hiwatt, maybe an old DR103? I just love this tone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyway, thanks for all the great packs. Love 'em

I just got my Kemper back from repair. i told them to erase all the amps from it and just install the MBritt profiles I sent them. However, I think they thought I meant erase everything. Now all the stompbox presets that were there before are gone. Is there a way to reinstall those?
    thanks

I had this same problem and Kemper asked me to send it in for repair. I sent it off a week ago.
    Try this test. Turn your master down to zero, then turn the Kemper off. Wait a few minutes and turn it back on. Gradually turn up the master and listen for sound. That usually fixed mine. However, as I practiced at lower volumes the sound would fade out after a while. As I turned it up the sound would come back. This continued until I got into the 4 range. I never had it fade out above that, but I did have it do it on two separate occasions during live performance when it was set at 3.5. Contact Kemper support and let them know what is happening. They're very good about getting back to emails. It may take a couple of days but they always respond. Let me know how the test goes.

(Paraphrasing)
    "Hey Michael, your amps sound amazing. I've purchased amps from all the biggies, Soundside, TAF, Top Jimmy, etc. Your's blows away all the other guys. Could you please start doing it like the other guys?"

Makes no sense to me. Just keep doing what you're doing, and let the other dozen guys do what they're doing. Thanks for all the great sounds.