Posts by archverb

Hm not the worst idea ever. Could also be hard to make useful though.

Can we stop the "use your ears" argument please? We all do that but sometimes it's nice to be able to sort by gain, and perhaps by tonal profile.

Tonal profile?

Compared to what?

We are not talking about variations on a certain profile.

But to visually evaluate hundreds of profiles based on the level, we don't know measured based on what, of four frequencies???

It wouldn't be possible even if we passed a single white noise into the KPA, instead of a complex guitar sound.

I don't know if this helps, but something like this happened to me after an OS upgrade with my Boss Fc6 switcher disconnected, which I had previously associated with the looper functions. I only solved it with a total reset of the Profiler.

Certainly. The important thing is that "that specific cabinet" is present in the chain, even during the creation of the direct profile.

After that, using the best IR, dynamic IR, latest generation simulations of "that specific cabinet", which didn't even exist a few years ago, I will obtain excellent results, often better than the original studio profile . Especially when this was made with equipment andrecording environments that were not at the highest levels.

you are looking for Merged Profiles

I have certainly considered merged profiles. If they were done in a genuine way they would respond to what was said above; therefore each merged profile should have a "direct component" referring exclusively to a specific cab/speakers. Generally, many of those in circulation instead use a "direct component" that is good for all seasons...

Ignoring precisely those interactions between power amplifier and speaker that I mentioned.

I tried the free pack. Very good!

The profiles are the way I like them, without overlapping effects, which mask the true sound.

It all seems to be based on substance, so I think the packs can represent the profiled amplifiers very well.

I'm old, so let me give you some advice.

Given that there is a lot of competition out there, perhaps too much, and it is also very complicated to switch to artfully done recordings with more than one microphone; perhaps you could concentrate on direct profiles of the type that I have indicated in this thread, where unfortunately you, being producers, cannot intervene.

Your "clean and honest" way of conceiving profiles would make you very suitable for the purpose

Anyway, good luck with your new business!

When, 12 years ago, I purchased the KPA the direct profiles were designed exclusively for live use with a guitar cabinet.

Today, with the level reached by IRs, with the advent of the brand new dynamic IRs, with the spread of hardware IR loaders of all types and sizes, with various increasingly credible cabinet simulators, direct profiles could have their revenge,also in studies and recordings.

E.g. Personally, using both the York Audio impulses and a UAFX OX Stomp, instead of the cabs present in the various profiles, I almost always obtain much superior results.

And that was just the premise... ^^

So I wonder why in the packs on sale, for each amp studio profile with a certain setting and a certain cabinet, the corresponding direct profile done properly is not given.

That is, complete with counter-reaction and mutual interaction between the power amplifier and the speakers of THAT CERTAIN CABINET with THAT SETTING.

So not a direct profile obtained through any load box, thrown there among dozens of studio profiles.

As all profile producers know, to achieve this it would be enough to insert a DI Box suitable for the purpose, at least such as a BSS AR-133, into the speaker cable (kept as short as possible).

So that every time a studio profile is finished, the output of the BSS is sent to the KPA return instead of that of the mic preamps. In 2/3 minutes each profile would have its direct version, on which specific IR or cab simulations could be added.

Why not do it?

And it would be great for liquid profiles too!!!

Hi everyone

I don't have a remote, so I bought a Boss Fs6 pedal just to use the looper on my KPA Head.

I would just use it to "make sounds", focusing on the profile settings, without having to play at the same time

I use the Fs6 in Dual switch mode, with switch ring > Looper start and switch tip > Looper stop.

I am thus able to overdub by pressing start twice, to naturally put the Loop in stop and to delete the Loop by holding the stop button pressed for 2 seconds

Do I have other options that I don't know about how to use in this setup, like erasing the last overdub or something?

Thank you guys

Ok, I found it !!!

FenrIR by Aurora DSP is the solution for me.

I just tested it

1) It does everything I need, in a practical and intuitive way

2) Lightweight on the CPU

3) Low latency

4) FREE !!!

Have a nice day, you guys

Hello everybody

How to load two IR cabs, adding them or, better still, mixing them (by adjusting the two levels)?

For example, I would like to use the shot of an SM57 together with that of a Royer 121, as has always been done in the real world; which software or plugin would allow me to get a single wav file, with the two components mixed at best?

Unfortunately I can only upload one IR to the KPA at a time.

It's true; as it is for any microphone recording.

However more than completely different I would say, quite different ... unless you use extreme mic positions or angles.

I have commercial profiles of the same amplifier, taken with every possible pair of microphones, but it cannot be said that the timbre is not always recognizable.

Maybe the classic Sm57 + Royer121 pair on a simple 1x12 could be a good compromise, to get the reference I ask.

And then there is always a model to refer the monitors in recording to get a good result. The Kabinet with its imprint. :)