Posts by paults

Ok thanks.

What do i have to do, if i want to save my profiles as .kipr to avoid this limitations?

This would only be a limitation for Profilers with an OS version lower than 7.0. That OS was released in 2019, I think. Anyone using that old of an OS would not be able to install profiles using any version of Rig Manager released in the past four years or so.

If your V30 is in a cabinet, try putting Kone in that box, and listen for the vibration.

The Kone is a 4 ohm speaker. Your V30 is likely either 8 or 16 ohms. The V30 is likely to be quieter, as well as have differences in frequency response. You can try swapping the V30 into the Kabinet, and turn Monitor Cabinet off in the Output settings. If you get a similar vibration when you turn up to a similar volume level in the room (this will not necessarily correspond to the same volume knob setting), it could suggest an issue with the Kabinet.

Traditional amp channel foot switches are typically latching type (press on, press off).

Single and Dual Switches of Other Brands

The PROFILER requires so-called “momentary” and “normally open” switches. Channel switches for tube amplifiers are not compatible with the PROFILER, as they use a latching mechanism that would only trigger their assigned switching function every other hit. Single switches are connected via a TS cable, and dual switches via a TRS cable.

Select “Mono Switch” or “Dual Switch” Mode on the corresponding "Pedal” page in Pedal Settings of PROFILER Stage or System Settings of all other PROFILER variants and assign a switching function with the soft knob labeled “Switch Tip”. If “Dual Switch” is selected, another switching function can be assigned with soft knob labeled “Switch Ring”. If your external switch allows to change its polarity (e.g. Boss® FS-5 and FS-6), set it to normally open. The switching function should be triggered as soon as you hit the button. Wrong polarity implies, that the switching function gets triggered, when you release the button. Especially if you intend to control Looper Start and Looper Stop

with the external switch, wrong polarity can lead to odd results as both hitting and releasing the buttons have their meaning. Don’t forget to press “Calibrate” and trigger each switch once.

You can find a tutorial video focused on technical conditions, and all other aspects of connecting expression pedals and switches to PROFILER or Remote at: http://www.kemper-amps.com/video

None of the videos on you tube sound like it to me. except for when he does it.

I listen to the videos on here and even if they sound close there is still something missing to me.

The pulse of the drums and bass are also a huge part of how it all works together to sound like U2. When playing those kind of parts live, I would use tap tempo to lock in with the drummer. My suggestion is pretty similar to the others - use a drum loop (or make a percussive loop with the KPA looper), and start playing straight 1/8 notes. Then, activate the delay, and concentrate on playing straight.

There are free profiles of some unusual amps at https://forgotten-amps.weebly.com/

Many reviews of them are in this thread:

I used one for Eagles "those shoes" with a expression pedal that worked great. The other guitarist was miffed because he was dragging around the full setup with a hose and I could come so close that nobody could really tell. I'm sure there is likely a tutorial, there is for almost everything else. I put mine in the first slot where my wah usually goes. In reality I guess putting it after the stack might be more authentic to how a talk box operates.

Yes, a classic Talk Box is functioning as a speaker, after the power amp. But, putting it before the amp module can work very well, too. As long as someone is not forming actual words, the Vowel Wah easily works more than well enough to not need a Talk Box.