Posts by paults

BTW - although not a supported Windows version, it runs on a Vista laptop. It might also run on XP Pro (I think it was 32 bit, wasn't it?)

"It would be nice to use the rig manager but would need someone to set it up because I don't have a clue with that kind of thing."

When it comes along, read the instructions - like the rest of us will do:)

Like you said - Why buy a KPA only going to use one sound?

If you are clipping unedited Factory profiles (without a boost between the guitar and Kemper?), you may want to set the Input section to avoid overdriving the input of the Kemper, and then Lock it. You can Save and name the settings for that guitar, if you also use other guitars with it.

You would need two to "re-profile" the sound.

But, If you would like to manually dial in an EQ curve similar to the sound you like, Ozone can still help.

Ozone can 'save' and display the EQ curve of a source sound. It can display several of them at once.

If you play the Kemper into it, you can compare the two Response curves. Use the EQs in the Kemper to get closer to the source sound's curve.

Note: This works really well when comparing entire mixes - that's how I use it.

As you may have guessed, your personal technique and gear likely sends more signal into the Kemper than the guitars that were used when creating the profiles.
    (How is that for an understatement?)

When you adjust Clean/Distortion sense to end up with a similar input signal to the guitars used to create the profiles, the rigs will respond more like the original amps did.

Have your attempts ended up sounding more like U2?

These aren't guitar sounds, are they?

The good news is: the Kemper can do some non-guitar sounds.

Here are some starting points I can suggest. Try to tweak the existing FX/EQ/Amp and Cab parameters on the below Rig Exchange suggestions to get closer to the original non-delayed part of these examples, and then add the ambient delays and reverb.

Percussive attack sounds:
    Zeppelin Rhodes 2
    Fender Rhodes Piano
    Kemper Banjo

If you also are interested in the slower attack sounds:
    Ensemble Synth pault
    Vowelotron2

Yes:

There are multiple ways to do it:

In Tap Delay, you can set independent delay times for Left and Right.

Tap Left & Tap Right
    (Only in Tap Delay). These two parameters set the delay time of the left and right delay taps in musical values, creating a nice little delay pattern. Setting both taps to the same value will produce a mono delay, while different values will create a ping-pong delay. Only the left delay will feed its signal back to both taps, so it’s a good idea to set the left to a bigger value than the right; this will result in a true ping-pong effect. Swapping the values will result in a different pattern. The settings are mostly in multiples of a 16th notes, including odd values like 5/16 or 7/16. To create more complex and interesting rhythm patterns, try using a mix of odd and even values.
    ✔✔
    To create swing or shuffle rhythms, try using the triplet values

And/Or, you can use the Delay Ratio control:

Delay Time & Delay Ratio
    (Only in Free Delay and Analog Delay). The “Delay Time” is set in milliseconds. The “Delay Ratio” determines the ratio of different delay times between the left and right delay taps. The “Delay Time” always represents the longer delay tap, the other “Delay Time” is just a divider of the displayed time. As with the Tap Delay, the feedback is only taken from the left delay tap; thus, swapping the ratio of the left and right delay tap will not only reverse the stereo sides, but also produce a different rhythm pattern

AND, 80s Delay typically has some:

Modulation
    This parameter will add slight deviations to the left and right delay independently, creating a nice stereo effect and de-coupling the delay from the dry signal. With higher values you will create a wow and flutter effect, typical of a tape delay.

In previous threads, Yamaha, Atomic and QSC have been the most suggested options. They are small, powerful, and sound great. They don't get washed out by the other instruments onstage, and FEEL just like a responsive amp.

There are many other good possibilities - any accurate high powered speaker is a viable option. But, the Yamaha and QSC are both readily available, and easy to hear, if you are close enough to a mainstream music store.

v2.3 software will introduce new possibilities for bass sounds, and may include some new factory bass rigs. I think that is why no one has any recommendations at this point. Also, there are more guitarists than bassists using the Kemper (Including me, but, I also play bass when I record)

The Amp Factory Ampeg profiles cover a lot of ground for me, too :) There are also good ones on the exchange(and searching/downloading from it will soon be more convenient, too). It may depend on what kind of a sound you want. In addition to the kind of bass amps that are currently popular, I'll sometimes use a Fender Bassman or even a Marshall plexi (with a cabinet swap, it starts to sound like their old bass amp) when I am doing retro or rootsy music.