Posts by paults

Hey, thanks for posting this - I didn't know Dropbox was the preferred location for derivative rigs. Fortunately, the few that I have put there tended to be effected and tweaked to the point of being unrecognizable.

It might be a good plan to have that info included on the "upload your rig" page. (If it is already there, my double bad!)

What about a separate tweaked rigs category? For artist/song specific rigs?

As the user base increases, there will be more people asking for and sharing those.

Point taken- usually, the only threads that get that way involve "the box that must not be named". ;)

With new pitch effects, imminent bidirectional MIDI implementation, new profiles almost every day, my glass is decidedly more than half full.

Understood about the tube, but people will say " you know, I saw another band do it once, and their guitar player could even do that mouth thing...."

The vowel wah does work best post-gain, because it needs plenty of harmonics. The classic sound is a guitar amp into a wide range horn driver ( the kind that used to be in big Fiberglas horns, typically mounted on telephone poles for outdoor public address systems.). A nasty fuzz (or an amp profile with no cabinet) is ideal as input. You could make one with a cheap practice amp, and a horn driver.

You risk horrible feedback if you try to run a mic into your guitar cab. Danelectro made one at one point with little mics on the tube - that idea never caught on, because it will squeal. Either use just a tube, or, use a vocal mic on a stand :)

Looks great - when you program your Ground Control, sit it on your lap. It will be faster than using your feet to program it.

I agree - tones sound great. And, the song is fun, too, in an anti-hero way :)

If someone suddenly started to appear in public dressed like that, interfering in police actions, we would certainly need to be invulnerable. Talk about an illegal alien!

MrSeb,

They are just teasing you - there's nothing wrong with mentioning it here. There are many people who own both, and there could easily be someone here who wants one.

The Gear Page would be a really good place to sell it, if your price is in line with selling prices there, or eBay.

Good luck with selling it, and welcome, new Kemper owner :)

I use the Banshee 1, as well. Electro Harmonix recently announced a self-powered Talkbox, too. Maybe one of those would be cheaper where you are.

Deny, if you use any Marshally gain sound, you'll be fine - the other guys in the band aren't as particular as we guitarists can be.

The sounds that matter more than a specific gain tone are the really distinctive ones, the ones that male people in the audience cheer when you play them. Have you come up with a sound for "Dead or Alive" ? That, and the Talkbox are the things that people will notice. Pitch effects will easily give you the multiple guitars for "Living on a Prayer".

One performance thought - if getting a Talkbox is practical at this point, I have a suggestion for the "look" of the show. Get a tube, anyway, and use it (even if you control the effect with touch or a pedal). The bottom of the tube will need to be secured to your pedalboard or tucked underneath it. People going to see a Bon Jovi tribute band expect to see that, just like people who go to see a Beatles tribute band expect to see Sgt. Pepper outfits.

I'll reiterate my thanks to CK and company - at live shows, I use pitch effects (detune, whammy, intelligent harmony, doubling, octave synth effects) more than just about anything else (other than delay). They are mostly subtle, musical uses (nothing subtle about the whammy, though). I assumed they would sound good, but I never expected them to sound better than the pitch effects in my G-System, and I never expected to be able to use more than one at a time.

And, it not just being able to add whammy or detune after a harmony. The pedal steel rig I posted is four voice. It has two intelligent pedal harmonizers in series. One moves up with the pedal as the other moves down. And, it sounds musical, not like a cartoon.

Here's a huge added value: We all now own as many basses for recording as we have guitars. Shift down -12, use a bass amp profile. If you can play it like a short scale bass, it won't need a lot of tweaking to sit into a mix.

I have a Banshee, too. They are designed for guitar-level input and output. It has a built-in "on/bypass" switch. I have mine under a pedalboard shelf, so rather than the built-in switch, it is connected to the second output of the box I use to switch guitars (made by WOBO - the guy makes really solid, reliable stuff).

The Banshee has to be physically close enough to get that tube into your mouth, with a microphone to pickup the signal for the PA. I use my vocal mic - some people use a second mic stand just for it. You could use it in the FX loop of the Kemper, but you would end up with two more long cables to run if your Kemper is not right by your mic stand.

Years ago, a friend of mine traded or favorite guitars for a week. I had his '77 strat , he had my '72 les paul. At the end of the week, we did our best to be cordial about each others guitar, but to him the LP was too dark, and the neck was too small. To me, his strat sounded plinky and the action was too high.

When the level of compliments for anything reaches "best ever", it is isn't going to be that for everyone.

My guess is it was a disgruntled significant other who has been subjected to hours of noodling..