Posts by paults

When using intelligent harmony, I don't necessarily play the low note, and generate the harmony above. The harmony lines may sound better if the higher note is played, with a generated lower harmony.

I typically program the effect so I can play the note I consider to be the more important, and mix the harmony note to be not quite as loud. Doing that helps to mask any artificial qualities or possible glitches in the pitch shifted notes. Another bonus to this approach with pitch shifted down is that notes shifted down sound a little darker, and blend in with the Un-shifted notes really well.

So, try it both ways - depending on the profile, and song, the generated note may sound better a third above, with you playing the low note, or you may like it better when you play the higher part, with pitch set to a third below.

Here are some general tips on pitch effect placement:

For whammy effects that sound like the guitar has a trem arm on it, put it in front of the amp.

Using at -12 to sound like a bass will sound more realistic before the bass amp profile.

If you want the whammy to sound more like a recording is being slowed down, put it in the post effects.

A pseudo12-string effect is worth trying both places - it depends on the guitar and kind of profile.

Multi-guitar/doubling to sound more than one guitar works better in post effects.

Try shifting a strat down -12, and playing it through a bass amp profile.

That's how to claim your free Jazz Bass :)

If you are a Jack Bruce fan, use an SG, instead.

The faux 12 string:

Shift the pitch up +12, and mix the effect lower than the dry guitar - there will be a sweet spot, where you hear just enough effect, without it sounding too "cartoonish".

If it becomes possible at some point to detune the pitch slightly, that can help counteract the artifacts that may be present in a chord that has been shifted that far up.

Playing in an '80s band, that sound was going to be the first one I programmed. And, I fatten harmonies the same way, with slightly detuned voices.

I feel the same way as the rest if you - I'm happy for what we just got, and if the feature does not get updated, I won't type in all caps :). I didn't think the ability to slightly delay the pitch shifted notes was unlikely to be included. That's a conventional feature, compared to a custom scale per profile (very cool, BTW!)

For the eastern half of the USA, "only" eight hours to go....

These pitch effects were the only reason I needed to keep using my G-System for gigs. It is also what I have been using to change profiles. Suddenly, I may be in the market for a different Pedal Controller ;)

*******Thanks to CK and the Kemper Staff!*******

A standard rack tray could be pretty easily used for mounting - if it doesn't have holes that line up with the screw holes for the Kemper's feet, drill some holes in the shelf, and mount the Kemper to it.

They advertise 120 watts per channel @4ohms per channel (with no mention of RMS wattage or percentage of total harmonic distortion). If you have eight or 16 ohm wedges, it may be closer to 50 or 35 RMS watts per channel.

If you can find either of these as used gear for a similar price, you might be happier in the long run (I saw all of these sell for less than $150 USD recently on eBay):

Crate Powerblock
    Stewart Electronics PA-200

Vintage pro-quality rackmount stereo power amps also go for low bucks, because they don't have 1000 watts per channel:

Crown
    BGW
    Hafler
    QSC
    EV
    Carvin
    Mackie
    Carver

My current plan is to still be using my lunchbox 10 years from now. Of course, I'll be 71 years old ...

And, ten years from now, people will be SO tired of digital amps that sound just like every tube amp ever made. The price of vintage Roland JC-120 amps will go through the roof, because everyone will want the sincere, genuine, no compromise, authentic sound of the distortion channel ;)

Having both is no different than having more than one guitar, or more than one amp. :D

Either product can do things the other can't do (or, can't do as well, for a particular user's needs). I used to have several brands of modelers, and some VST Amp Simulators, and would use whichever had my preferred version of a particular type of sound. I still have the VST stuff, but haven't used them for six months or so.