Posts by paults

I also believe that this type of videos are very interisting in general and it's very good that was done and thought by Kemper Amp directly, it's for sure a great idea :thumbup:

Just a question: how he did that sound, in the video, on 4:11-4:14, and repeat for example at 4:28? Is it more in his hands, or a special setting of the phaser !??!?! really I would like to understand better, can someone help me??? ?(

Thanks!

Here's how to do that:

Mute the strings with your left hand.

Raise your right hand above the strings, and turn your wrist, so the pick is not parallel to the strings.

Scrape the side edge of your pick along the top of the low E string. Each time, move a little farther away from the bridge, and more toward the neck. Try using up strokes, toward the neck.

After you reach the neck with your picking hand, you also can slide your left hand down toward the headstock (with the strings still muted) for the lower sounds.

If you try this with any high gain sound, you will hear it happen.

BTW - The VH profiles you have posted to will do it, too. Thanks again for posting those :)

Hallo, wenn dies eine schlechte Übersetzung, tut mir sehr leid. Ich habe nicht die deutsche studiert, seit ich 14 Jahre alt ist.

Google Translate:

Ich habe ein TC G-System, und habe es für meine wichtigsten Effekt-Sounds für viele Jahre. Bis die Kemper hat Harmony-Effekte, werde ich es weiterhin für die Tonhöhe und andere Effekte verwenden. Ich bin sicher, dass die G-major2 Töne mindestens so gut wie das G-System. Es scheint retuned Reverbs haben.

A dedicated tube poweramp designed for flat response with relatively new tubes, plenty of power, biased correctly for uncolored tone, with input levels that do not overdrive the front end of the amp would likely just add a little warmth, and sound really good.

That doesn't mean every tube power amp section in every guitar amp would do the same thing.

Another 'master of the obvious' statement :
    A guitar cab will color the sound more than the amp.

But, the most important thing is: use whatever sounds good to you :)

Thanks, Ben! Needless to say, you would have no trouble with Hartley's pride, either!

It's funny you mentioned Peavey - one of our local Music Go Rounds just got a 70s Peavey 2-12 cab, complete with those duct tape-looking aluminum vertical grille cloth edges. Someone put a pair of Celestions in it. My first thought was how ironic my toaster would look sitting on that cabinet (didn't buy it, though...)

And, thanks to DB9091 for the initial statementt - I read it as a general thought about so many great sounding clips posted by so many people. Loading someone else's profile is like playing through their amp and pedalboard - if they have a radically different touch/feel/style or a very different guitar, you may not hear the magic that was in the soundclip without some tweaking :)

You're right about Celtic Rock- it fits right in with the roots music boom, but can be extremely high energy, at the same time.

I'm hearing great things from some OK profiles. I think it has a lot to do with the player.

Do you know the guys from Homeland? My wife's favorite American band for traditional Irish/Rock music.
    They used to play Raleigh a lot, but stay more in Ohio these days.

Do you cover traditional Irish songs? (Whiskey in a Jar, etc)

The closest thing we play to traditional Irish is U2 - we play '80s Rock, New Wave, and Pop music :)

St. Patricks Day is a big party around here, so there are plenty of gigs for all genres of music.

I don't know the members of Homeland - they are based about 50 miles (90km) away from us. I'll watch for them when the Dublin Irish Festival happens - it is a couple of days of traditional and modern Irish music (but, doesn't happen around St. Patricks Day).

I generally switch entire rigs, too. It is simpler for me to have a single switch to change the amp and effects all at once.

I have instant access to my five main sounds on the bottom row of G-System footswitches.
    I use the middle row to select from the active bank of five patches.
    The top row has individual effects switches that I use on some songs.

Our St. Patricks Day gig was one with two stages, twelve bands, as well as DJs, a pipe and drum corp, live radio station coverage.
    (it was in DUBLIN, um...er...Ohio) LOL

A singer from another band walked up to me, and asked: "What are you using for a guitar amp?"
    I pointed to the Kemper - he asked to see it, so he could tell HIS guitar player about it :)

He said "It sounds terrific - everything you play sounds great with that thing! "

It depends entirely on your guitar(s).

BTW - CK is who said he might increase distortion sense if the wanted to use High Gain sounds with his low output pickups.

If you have hotter than average pickups, all profiles will react accordingly, and they will have more gain than with a guitar with less output.

If I hear a profile that I like the sound of, using the Input Setting I have for my hot pickup guitars gives me that sound.

If I had not adjusted the Distortion Sense, I would have to edit literally every profile for it to sound like a soundclip.

It makes sense a vintage strat would need more Distortion Sense for High Gain. The opposite is also true. High output pickups need less than average Distortion Sense with other people's profiles.

Not all of us have just guitars with 5k strat pickups. If you have hotter than average pickups, like the 11k+ to 13k vintage pickups in my old Hamers, and the gold/blue lace sensor at the bridge of may strat (which also has a Clapton boost in it), all profiles will have more gain when you play them than people's soundclip examples. You can either edit them all, one at a time, or do what I did. Decrease the Distortion sense, so those hot pickup guitars will sound roughly the same with unedited user and factory stock as intended. I Locked the Input, and saved a "stage guitars" Input setting and a second Input setting for my passive pickup strat and dual P90 12-string, and my vintage Les Paul.