Posts by psyandy

Then again, I am one of those people who cannot leave a room without turning off the light switch. I also have been known to lay awake at night worrying if the light in my refrigerator shuts off when I close the door.

I too had this same question and concern as a new KPA PowerRack owner. I am currently using Studio Monitors only and haven't found a cost effective cabinet solution for my rig. The idea that there is somehow power in the unit that could be on or cascading into my monitors (cue the video of my studio monitors exploding in flames in the studio ;)) has concerned me unnecessarily. I like the idea of an external/physical power switch.....it is reassuring in some totally unnecessary way :).

Two great creative tools. Different technologies and two very strong customer bases who just always seem to turn into the Hatfields and McCoys (Old American feuding families reference for my EU/Asian and other friends). I think the sounds are stellar on both...just great evidence that there are many ways to get great tones. I chose a machine that fits my technological and tweaking preferences while many of my friends will swear by the Axe as the only answer :).

Great clips and thanks for putting those up!!!

Welcome!!!

After owning 140 amps and ruminating over the AxeFx and the Kemper....I took the plunge and got the Kemper....I'm so happy with it and that's with my limited knowledge of how to operate the darn thing :). This forum is a life saver for all technical and practical questions.

Why are all your guitars upside down? ?(:D

Awesome!! Nik's guitars are stellar and the build quality is unparalleled. How do you like that big neck? I had a Krautster II and it was the best sounding guitar I've owned....I unfortunately couldn't get comfortable with the big neck. I considered thumb augmentation surgery, but ultimately I sold it. Great guitar....One I'll miss.

I've owned a boatload of boutique guitars over the years and there are some amazing builders out there. $3500 is a great budget for a guitar, but I see no benefit in spending that on a retail sale. $3500 guitars resell at between 50-80% of their new cost depending on maker and supply (and fashion). Decide what you want tonally and play a bunch of guitars to see what floats your boat. Buy used at a fair price and you can recover your cash if you select incorrectly. If you buy new, you'll eat all that retail value. Just my 0.02.

It would be great if I could populate performance mode settings via RM!!! I'm learning day by day on this amazing machine, and it's amazing how much functionality is still to come.

I've had the same learning curve issues with the EurakaProm, but overall I'm finding it a usable solution. Comparing my $95 controller to a $600 remote for KPA isn't even an option since I can't get my hands on the Kemper Remote yet :). I appreciate all the early adopters getting the kinks out for the KPA remote so when I can obtain one in 3-4 months then it will be almost plug and play ready for the less midi savvy guy ;).

I'm primarily a bedroom player and I have found the Kemper the ideal tool for me. I have owned tons of great tube amps and just never had a enough opportunity to crank them to get them to roar as they should (think Ferrari in New York City)...... The Kemper can give me glory at gig volumes and tons of satisfaction and really dynamic amp responsiveness at household volumes.....Greatest tool ever!! How do I know? I've played guitar more the last two weeks than I've played in a year with any combination of amps. As for profile searches.....I collected 2800 profiles prior to receiving my Kemper unit...now....I'm using about 35. I've started to try out rigs by certain top notch profile authors...M. Britt, TopJimi, TAF/The amp factory proved great starting places for me and I played them one by one for a minute or two based upon my gain needs....started with lowest gain......kept each I liked in a folder...then medium gain.....then higher. Once those were sorted.....then I played the groups again and weeded more out......

Ultimately you'll find a handful you love...I agree with others...do some sorting and PLAY!!!

Hey Guys,
    I've been feeling a bit dumb here in trying to organize my rigs on the RM. I have added a ton of rigs and sounds....I was wondering how to add subfolders to my KPA and Libraries? I was assuming there would be the almighty + button or "add Folder/subfolder) in the edit or drop down menus but there is no such option? I went on YoutTube to see other people's RM setups and see they have subfolders. I am pretty computer literate, but I'm missing something here....Help a brother out please....If I could use RM as designed I'm sure I'd have a much better time with my KPA.

I have many time had the same question in my head about my gear and maxing out the benefits of what I've got in my stable. I have owned over 100 guitars...most of them recently boutique builds. Over the last year I've come to the conclusion that the "tools" that I use each have their own character and my search for the perfect amp or instrument is a temporal experience. I love the tones of a good tele, strat, les paul, and the combinations of the three. I have spent thousands on great Tom Anderson SuperStrat style guitars and their build quality was amazing...tones were also stellar. The same goes for my experiences with Suhr guitars. I've owned and heard the same criticisms of Suhr, Tom Anderson, and PRS. Some are amazing and "organic," while others are sterile and perfect in appearance but lacking in tone. A great instrument is one that makes you want to play more..... Ultimately....your excellent budget won't get you there. You may be better off getting a good quality standard instrument of each type that you want (have to play them in person....test them with your actual rig). I have found that for $1000 I can get an excellent feeling and sounding instrument of the tele or strat variety. For LP style guitars.....it's more in the $1300-1800 range (not considering flame tops....special tone woods, etc). Play a bunch of guitars with you rigs......line up 4 or 5 candidates and play them with tons of profiles. Buy anywhere from 1-3 that suit your tonal pleasure...... No need to go nuts :). Just my 0.02.