Posts by kamin21

Despite the vast amount of pickup combinations possible with the Game Changer, the pickups can only "pick up" the sound of a 25.5" scale guitar with a bolt-on maple neck and a basswood body. These are the most "limiting factors" beside the 250.000+ PU combinations.
    The wood doesnt matter at all imho but it is an effective marketing gag. There is a 3D printed guitar which sounds absolute fine. It is true that pickup position has an hearable influence. closer to bridge -> more highs
    The scale has much more influence on playability and string tension less on sound.

[quote='REVILO','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/20084-Any-chance-for-a-profiling-guitar/?postID=222613&#post222613']Besides, I for one am not convinced that splitting Humbucker coils does sound like a real Singlecoil. Nor do two Singlecoils in parallel or series sound like a real Humbucker. So, there are compromises despite all the built-in electronics (and I do not want to start discussing how these electronics may influence the pure magnetic sound of the GC after all).

Thats true because it has something to do with the aperture of an pickup. You can only simulate the electronic not the magnetism. You can install a SC & HB on a guitar but there will be an output problem because HB are much hotter than SC.

I would really love to get a MusicMan Gamechanger, but it's way to expensive in Europe. I'm not convinced it's 3200€ worth (in HSH with Piezo configuration). It is an interesting concept, but should have more color options.

You can get 3 different awesome guitars for the same amount of money or your own inidividuell custom guitar from a top guitar luthier and save 1000€. :)

hi guys,

A friend (engineer of a university) and I working on a midi controlled guitar which has a lot of options. (change resonance frequency and the resonance elevation, switch for in phase/ out of phase with amplifier and impedance converter.... )
    Resonance frequency and elevation are the most significent sound coloration of electronic guitar, for me.
    I dont think that the used wood is important for the sound of a guitar. There are also 3d printed guitar which sound awesome without any bodywood. I think people think this way because acoustic guitar sound works different. On electronic guitars are pickups which change the game completely.

Look like this: it is german but look just the diagrams:

http://www.guitar-letter.de/in…vsStateVariableFilter.htm

We work for a year now, but it is still in progress. There will be only one cable from the midi controller to KPA and one cable from the KPA to the guitar. (I try to avoid cables, but it has to be a 7 pin MIDI cable or ethernet cable. The electronic circuit needs to be powered by the cable.

I dont think it is possible to make a humbucker, sound and react like a single coil. So I installed both on my custom guitar. (SC+ HB) Now im just waiting to finish the electronic circuit.

By the way there is a lot of VOODOO stuff going on where the "good" sound is coming from. So be sceptical.

EQing is one thing, but this doesnt work over time-dimension -> it will react different.

Musicman had / have the game changer :D

vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort!

Ich habe noch ein paar Fragen dazu.

Das Ethernetkabel hat 8 Pins jeweils 2 zum Senden, Empfangen und für die Spannungsversorung, oder? 2 Pins bleiben also frei?
    Welches Protokoll wird dabei beim Hin.- und Hersenden verwendet. TCP / UDP?
    Wieviele Watt braucht der Remotekontroller? Wieviel kann der Kemper liefern? Versorgt er den Remote mit 48 Volt?

Ich frage deswegen weil ich gerade dabei bin, eine Schaltung für meine Gitarre zu entwerfen, mit der ich verschiedene Parameter der Gitarrenschaltung verändern kann.
    (Tone-Poti, Volumne-Poti, Outputlevel, Resonanzfrequenz, Resonanzüberhöhung, Out of Phase, Impedanzwandler etc.)
    Dafür hätte ich das MIDI-Protokoll vorgesehen. Ethernet hätte aber einige Vorteile mehr.

Ich bin gerade am Abwägen, ob es sich lohnt den Remote zu holen.
    Kann mir jemand ein dazu passendes Pedal oder mehre posten? Ich weiß leider nicht auf was genau ich dabei achten muss.
    Brauchen die Pedale wieder eine eigene Stromversorgung? oder geht dass mit einer Verbindung zum Remote-Kontroller?

Gut finde ich, dass der Remote nur 1 Kabel braucht!

lg Dominik

thanks for your replies!
    a good room condition is very important, no doubt! that's why i want to measure my room with a room mic and RoomEQWizard.
    Yeah i thought about the Yamaha HS8 also.

hi,

I want to buy monitors for mixing. I don't have great experiences with monitors.
    So i thought about a sub/satellite system like this: http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/ATS/art-REC585 + stander/stative
    There will be also a behringer room mic to analyze room and I will build acoustic elements.

It should be:
    - flexible
    - loud enough for midsize room (roomsize: lxbxh 4,5x3,9x2,5 m)
    - good for mixing
    - just for playing (guitar, bass guitar also)

I heard, that bass has less stereoinformation so I can't locate it. And smaller cones on satellite are normally better for mids.
    What's your opinion, experience or knowledge? thanks for helping :thumbup:

sorry for my late answer....
    thanks for your reponse!

I have no idea how a preamp the sounds of a micro changes. Is it dynamic or EQ or both?
    EQ would be the simplest to do with KPA.

is a deesser a special EQ ? i know what it does, it cuts the s' or z' sound
    can someone post this profiles?

Ingolf it would be awesome if you share your experiences with this.

hi,

I looked up the wikpa and found that some people used their kpa for vocals too. awesome idea! :thumbup:
    So i searched for different terms but didn't find what i wanted to know.

So, can you tell me your experience? The KPA has no voltage power for condensator mic so you need an audiointerface for that, anyway.
    So why do some people upload preamp profiles? don't get the reason because you have to use the preamp of the audiointerface,
    you only can manipulate the signal post mic+interface. Or these guys use only dynamic micros?

yours kamin21