Posts by GENOTEk

All good cheers Monkey_Man just thought I would share. Still getting used to the layout of the forum even though I have tapped away on here for years.
    So will learn where this stuff should go :)

Unfortunitly I have to send my Kemper away over the next week or so due to a hardware fault (a lot of digital noise) in the Alt return I also discovered after using my Kemper for some time the fault slowly moves to the return input while re-amping. So with any luck I won't be without my baby for to long. :)

Hello Kemper users! 8o

Matthew Figurski of MotorCityMods & MattFig.com has recently profiled and released into the wild another killer amp this times flavour is a Friedman BE100 & Bogner Cab!
    Yes! That's right! Yet another monster that Matt insists to release from its cage.

This thing has killer rock tones and really deserves a look by all Kemper users out there.
    Matts profiles can be found here MattFig.com & I must say he's starting to amount a pretty good selection of quality profiles in his catalog if you haven't taken a look DO SO NOW!!! 8o8o

I have taken DI guitar tracks and Re-amped with Mattfig's BE100 LG Plexi profile at various eq settings etc. (I only used one profile of about 30 i believe this pack has)
    The rhythm guitars are quad tracked with the BE100 Profile as is the solo. Bass track is also a stock Kemper profile. Midi drums produced be logic drummer module & isolated Vocal stem. I then took the audio from the beginning and the end of the original for intro's and outro's in the mix.

Unfortunitly I did the mix using headphones so may not sound the best on a fuller system. No EQ or Mastering added to the mix so pretty raw just a little panning left and right.
    I think it's always helpful to here these guitar tones in the context of a mix so here you go.

Nirvana - In Bloom (MattFig BE100-Plexi Profile Mix)

Enjoy :)

I did some revamping for the 1st time the other day. @ chanel sound card. output 1 to kemper direct in - main out mono to chanel 2 of sound card. Input on DI chanel turned off then I would use headphones. When Re amping my DI guitars changed chanel to mono and to output through chanel 1 to the kemper. In my mix I would mute tracks I didn't want pan Drums and bass to one side with the new re amped track in the mix. This way I would here a mono full new mix in one headphone and would here original DI guitar track in the other.

Yup sent a audio sample of my alternative input noise and they replied with contact my countries dealer for support. Lucky enough I used to work for the NZ supplier (kinda still do from time to time) so have already got the ball rolling. It is a shame as I have never used the alternative input in all the time I have had my Kemper :(

This is driving me insane! no matter what I try it's still clipping and distorting when I run my backing straight to my monitor or any other reference no clipping or distortion. I've had my kemper maybe 3 years but am only just wanting to do this now.
    I cant seem to find any setting to adjust gain staging for these inputs are you able to point me at the right location to make the adjustments?

Thanks for your input. Is there no other way to get a backing track into both speakers like a duel mono. I also tried removing all stomps, stack & effects and distorted audio was still present from backing track.
    I was wanting to run my backing or click into my kemper to save on forking out for a headphone amp by routing the click to the kemper seems that the function is there so wanted to use it. It would also mean I can monitor my DAW in real time without the slight latency.

I have been trying to run a backing track either from a interface connected to a mac or from some form of MP3 player. I have both 3.5 st - 6.5 y split cables and standard jack cables x2 to run from my interface so I have tried several different combos to the same result. No matter what I try the backing track is distorted the return input has mostly a warm tone with every so slight distortion on accents and louder volumes, the alternate input lacks any warm and distorts much worse. Same results coming from different media players and interfaces and same result from what ever you are monitoring your kemper from.

Any body have the same problem or a solution?

I just want to be able to run a stereo backing track into my kemper using the alt/return inputs and then route it to my headphones.

You Probably have your answer by now. How ever go to page 6 of the output button you have a AUX mix feature adjust the mix of whatever output. e.g.. 0.0 in main outs (for recording) if you have monitors connected to the Kemper you could add AUX mix to them or Headphones. I have been running a backing track or click track from a DAW and mixing that to my headphones while I record the main out.

About a month ago I was lucky enough to stumble across Mattfig and Motor City Mods while trawling through the inter webs. After talking very briefly with Matt he was generous enough to offer me a few profiles to try out. As would most keen Kemper users I leapt at the chance for a trial tone as it looked like Matt had a very good selection of amps that covered a wide sound spectrum to suit most types of music.

The two tones he originally sent me were from his MKC+ pack (seeking to recreate a MKIIC+) & JJ Dirt (seeking to recreate a Friedman JJ amp in both standard and JBE mode)

I eagerly pounced my Kemper with the 2 profiles I was gifted. A smile quickly extended across my face instantly falling in love with these fantastic rock tones (These two profiles opened up a sonic gate way with either Fender or Gibson type guitars).

What I truely love about Matts profiles is the fact that when you get a profile pack it may contain 10-15 profiles with a mixture of cabs and mics for flavour. They all have a very good starting platform to modify the dialled tone even further if desired.
    After hearing how these sounded in the flesh and the way they responded to the guitars at hand I could of sworn the real amp was in the room with me - These profiles move air! The tones created are truely killer and if you have a chance to trial a profile from Matt I recommend to leap at it you won’t be sorry.

After demoing the tones I pretty much immediately jumped back on Matt’s site http://mattfig.bigcartel.com/c…y/kpa-profiles-by-mattfig and went hell bent for leather!

I quickly purchased more without batting a eyelid:

-Duoplex (attempting to recreate sound of JMP with jumpers, hot plexiglass),
    -Humble OD (based on a Dumble OD amp),
    -JJ Dirt (seeking to recreate a Friedman JJ amp in both standard and JBE mode),
    -Twinface (seeking to recreate tones of Fender Twin/Deluxe both clean and pushed hard),
    -Marshall2555X (based on Marshall Silver Jubilee 255X)
    -Terrier (seeking to recreate tones of VHT GP3 & Deliverance amps).

These packs are all unreal! or as a Kemper user I should say they are the real deal!
    The Duplex was a mean ass plexi, The Humble was one of the best Dumbles to date, The JJ Dirt Huge rock tones, The Twinface for your surf guitar twang, Marshall2555X gave killer slash like tones and more, not to mention the terrier it had everything from a smooth little puppy to the snarling bite of a Pitbull!

To sum things up these are some of the best profiles I have personally tried to date with all packs having a great variation of tones & character that spring to life with little tweaking. As always Matt has included some basic effects to get you started but not limited to, remember the Kemper has so many possibilities and only limited by our imagination.

Who has time to buy a profile pack and go over 60 profiles that all start to sound the same? This is what we are getting from some of the profile makers out there unfortunately when all we really need is 10 of the best! ;)

And that my friends is exactly what Matthew Figurski of Motor City Mods has done for us all.

And you know whats even better? Just to top it off……….

You can get these incredible tone packs for the price of a couple of beers a cup of coffee or a fast food fix!

Get over to Matts KPA Profiles page and check them out & if your after a sample from a pack I’m sure Matt is more than happy to oblige.
    Keep up the great work Matt and can dream what tones you craft next! :thumbup:

Hi Eru, Looks like we have a few Kiwi's here ( I thought I was the only one that trolled through here for ages) but wheres the Ki Ora Bro! ;)
    Im down in Gizzy had mine for 2 years now and waiting for the remote to drop!
    If you didn't know MusicWorks are the New Zealand agent for these.
    I run mine into a atomic cld and it sounds amazing! you are going to love the new gear!
    Happy New Year and welcome to the best thing to happen to guitar tone this millennium!