Posts by BurnOut

Hi all,

I have not found any information so far that could help me out with my idea:
    I am used to do play 2 amps at the same time / biamping and right now I am doing this with my kemper + dxr and a JVM Marshall + 4x12. This is controlled by a FCB 1010.

However, the Marshall is really oversized and I am thinking about replacing it. One of the options would be, to do this with an AX8 and also get rid of the FCB 1010 then.
    Question is: has anyone experience with this setup in terms of using the AX8 as the control board and sending midi changes to the Kemper in performance mode, then?
    Does it work flawlessly, especially the expression pedals? So, could I use two expression pedals connected to the AX8, that would control volume changes or a wah in the kemper?

I have not found something in the manuals so far and thought that maybe I am not the only one that wants to use this with the Kemper....
    cheers

No Roadie, only Groupies
    I play with the Kemper through a dxr 10 and a jvm + 1960 4x12
    Quite easy to have several tones by one footstep because of midi. I use it most of the times to add a cleaner\ Crunch tone to my jvm Töne for more Punch and clarity
    Also having really quite parts with only one thin guitar sound by a telephone eq and moving to a thick wall by adding the jvm once again is really cool

Nowadays i quadruple my rhythm guitar with at least two different sounds, maybe two guitars and the KPA sounds like monster,
    no 2 amps needed simultaneously.

Sorry
    I don't get what you mean? Could you explain a bit further? You talk about Studio playing, not live Gigs, right?
    I really like two Amps simultaneously and have never heard a sound that was that thick only from one Amp.

Is there any reason why we cannot save the output volume Levels? Would be great to have the ability, for rehearsals i need completely different Levels on particular outputs compared to playing at home... Does anyone know a good Workaround?

Hi there
    i have got some issues with my kemper - see the video (you should turn up the volume of your speakers)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2wFQGOWPA&feature=youtu.be

although the kemper is switched off, the power supply makes these high noises. ....

and unfortunately also the sound of the kemper changed - single notes really drone out and there is also a high frequency tone in the background
    https://soundcloud.com/basti-a…-with-power-supply-issues

has someone of you experienced something like this before?
    or has the same clipping and droning when playing single notes?

cheers
    basti

I've got an additional question as my kemper sounds really fizzy and harsh playing distorted sounds what it definitely didn't do before (and no - it's not clipping in the in- or output [unfortunately]):
    can i downgrade the firmware from BETA 2.4X to the very first factory preset? I haven't found that function so far. All i can do is delete all the rigs, reset the flash etc. but not start from real scratch as the firmware stays the same... Any help?
    By the way - in the maintenance section the memory test doesn't reply.... If there isn't a real factory reset i'll send the unit right to Kemper for a checkup...
    thanks in advance!

Try the RectiShaper with an amp with gain. The RectiShaper is the octave unit of an octafuzz and can be placed anywhere in the signal chain.

I do not get this... but the recti shaper is not able to produce tones like an boss oc-2 or 3 pedal, right? Because i can't get any of theses tones out of the kemper....

I like the learning aspects behind this idea more than the ability to copy sounds of other guitar players.
    But what I don't get: do you all have ozone 5 , that nearly costs 200 bugs? or is a free version out there, that offers the tone matching feature?

How can the Spdif signal be too hot?

Good question... but it's just the case.
    I have got clippings and the monitor of my DAW says, that the incoming signal via SPDIF is about - 3 DB in peak. And unfortunately I have no possibility to reduce the outgoing signal at the Kemper nor the incoming signal at my DAW. (I have this problem with single coils as well with humbucker PUs).

What is more, I am also not sure if I do something wrong, because the other signal (MOD MONO) is so high, that I always have to reduce the volume from 5 to 2-3 for every sound (see my comment above).

I' ve got the same issue. The spdif signal is too hot and i can't reduce the input level of my DAW / alesis Io26. So, is there any other trick to handle this?
    Reducing the clean sense makes no real difference and I already have reduced it to nearly 0.0 ...

My signal chain is: guitar --> KPA --> SDPIF OUT (set to Git/ Mod Mono) --> spdif in of my alesis....
    By the way, both signals are too hot, but for the "Mod Mono" Signal i use to reduce the volume down to 2- 3 for each rig, so that i can compansate that.

Hope you can help me on that....

HI there.
    I do not own a Kemper but I'd like to get one soon.

I haven't found an answer yet to the suggestion above, so is there such a feature now, that allows to carry the dry signal via spdif?

Many thanks!