Posts by lespaul59

BTW, anybody know if credit card info is required to set up a Neural account? I don’t think you can even do a firmware update without an account, so it would be nice to know ahead of time what is going to be required.

I don’t know how many more ways ColdFrixion can tell us that the QC is not for him because of file management. But it’s clear to me that he’s very certain we all need to know how he feels about it.

Almost as many ways as you say it’s for you. :) It’s ok to have other opinions last time I checked.

Strategically speaking the two statements of yours cancel each other: you can stack a pedal, a pre, a power section and a cab, something the KPA can't do. Hence the versatility to separate amp and cab. And this came quite late in the KPA's timeline.

Well, if this had stopped Kemper users at its time we wouldn't possibly be making this discussion... ;)

Now, now... forJosh's sake, who the hell is this Pete?!

Thorn. I hear he’s pretty good. ;) ^^^^

Ok, back to the topic,

I’ve seen all of the videos concerning the QC, and so far it looks pretty good. The ones where they compare the Kemper to the QC, I think sometimes the Kemper wins when it comes to capture/profiling and sometimes it doesn’t, at least to my ears.

To be quite honest, I really don’t care that either one is closer to the original amp or not. I don’t own 50 amps, and I don’t think many here do either and I wouldn’t be able to tell you for many of them if it’s a good replica of the amp or not. What I do care about is the tone that I get out of it, according to the way I play which is impossible unless I actually demo one for myself. Pick dynamics, pups, tone woods, etc all play a part in the tone.

So, instead of more head to head crappy YouTube stuff, I’d really just like someone to post WAV clips of just the factory presets, rigs, whatever the hell they call them so I can go through them all and hear how good of a tone set this thing can really produce. Kind of like what all of the profile vendors do with the Kemper.

What do you think?

A quick remark regarding this back and forth posting of 3rd party content:

I'm here, not there. If I was interested in there I would be there but I'm only interested in here. Those who are interested in there will likely be there (or here and there).

Bottomline: There's no need for cross-posting, thanks.

Agreed, please leave the content where it is posted. I ditched my account over there because I Really don’t want to hear the latest gossip/marketing BS. Thanks...

Rig Exchange is another "form of the cloud", where profiles from all over are gathered to be picked and downloaded.

No one has been eaten by the Rig Exchange Monster yet ;)

Not really the point is it? You don’t have a choice with Neural. That seems to be a lot of people’s problem with it, no choice.

Imagine you run a studio and you get hired by a pro act to record a new album. You sign an NDA for this job to happen. The guys want custom profiles/captures so they can use them on stage. Great, I profile their sounds and hand them a pendrive with the profiles. Done.

Now they ask me for QC captures and the only way to make them available is through the cloud. Breach of NDA, I can't guarantee that nobody will ever get access to them. At least it's not in my immediate control and responsibility.

Rule #1: NEVER EVER use cloud services to distribute protected, non-public, confidential materials! Just don't do it!

Absolutely 100% correct. If it is something that is in any way sensitive, never use cloud as storage. I would think this would be common sense by now, but I guess not.

The mix knob is your friend on the H9 ;-). You will need to turn it down on ALL of the presets to get usable sounds. Btw, many of the algos are 2 or 3 effects combined. Try the pitch shifters, nothing in the biz can come close to them IMO.

Maybe this will help... Got pack 4 (modern pack) about a week ago and just coming up for air now . My hands are freaking killing me. There's some real gems in this pack. Really digging the vox tones especially the Brian May, really sparky kind of tone and sounds great on my TA drop top, both in SC and HB configurations. The Marshal sounds fantastic especially on my LP R9. Plenty of gain, good definition. All of these profiles seem to clean up really nicely by just rolling back the volume knob. The Ceriatone works very well with blues styles and.....

Oh hell, they all sound great, just get it already.

Here is what I sent you in another ticket that you told me to submit: (ticket AS00092632)

"GString informed me that I am not an early bird which is
    incorrect. My forum nickname is lespaul59 and my email address that I
    used to apply for the early bird is XXXXXXXXXXX

Please correct this as soon as possible. I applied for the early bird on December 23rd."

And I still don't see anything in my spam folder

Gstring
    I did as you suggested and submitted a ticket to correct the fact that I am part of the early bird program. Haven't heard anything back and what's worse is now my order has disappeared from the online store completely. This is beyond frustrating. I don't know what to do to correct this situation.