Posts by Psykohero

Wow bro - let's get real here.

You got caught red handed and with both hands stuck in the cakebox.

And all you're saying is that you are sorry you got busted. Sorry that somebody are making such a fuzz about it.

I'm sure you can do better.

"Terms and conditions
    (...)You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work.(...)"

Should have put this in the post. As in code of conduct.

Is it open for interpretations?

I don't know but would like to...

If you claim you've been robbed of your profiles open YOUR OWN THREAD and do not hijack this one.

The Rocktron profiles upped by Gary (and discussed in this thread) is actually tagged with KB in both amp- and cabsector. If it is only tags or really his work I can't tell.

That means - as also (PRS)Gary himself tells at first - that it is not original profiles made by whom is tagged as author and as so not on terms with the code of conduct.

This leaves us with a question of ethics.

Should anybody publish other peoples work and put them self up as author? Is tweaking a profile enough to take the credit for the rig?

I think the doctor might have some kind of a point here. He got himself in bad standing for publishing other peoples work as his own while the next guy doing something similar is more or less praised. Is it only a question about how many tags you edit? Or are you safe home if only you say that it is not your profile?

Sorry Gary. I don't mean to harm you by any means, but we touch something pretty basic here. IMHO...

If you think I'm out of line tell me and I'll remove the post....

EDIT - a number of posts was added while I wrote this (it took me quite a while) but I still find it relevant to clear up the terms.

Just for the proof of concept I tried to edit a kipr-file.

I changed the name and location in the file with Notepad++ and saved it.

The editing corrupted the file and it was not accepted by Rigmanager.

This means that it is not that easy to steal anybody elses work.

Maybe by using two KPAs...

But.....
    The profiles LL is takling about sounds idenditically to my ears in LL and KB-versions.
    One of them is tweaked a bit on the gain but when tweaked back I can't distinct between them.

I don't want to point any fingers!

I got the PR20 from RE and this is pretty cool.

I tweaked it a bit and took a little off the gain, and found that this tone have the magic sweet spot where you can have a clean full sound when picking in the low end of the dynamic range and get it to drive when you hit it a bit harder.

It's gonna be exciting time with the new FW.

Cool profile you made here. Can't wait to try it out live...

Awesome stuff.

I use your rigs a lot. Don't have to tweak them much. Just adapt them to my Suhr which have a bit of a bright top.

I've got 2 banks in performance with your Boogie.

Thanks a lot mate...

Yeah just the reset by [system] => power on at tuning.

But the black LED didn't reappear so I belive that I was stroke by the LED problem. But not harsh enough to justify a repair. Yet.

I recently shipped my KPA back to Germany due to problems with the LEDS.

One LED in the Volumen was all black and both input and master plus a stomp looked like it only got sidesplash from neighbour light. I read about the LED problem and I was pretty sure about what was going on here.

When it came back it was all good but it had had a factory reset so I gave it the backup I made before I send it.

And except for the black LED it was all back again.

I felt a bit foolish. It was a softwareproblem that had kept the multicolourLEDS from working properly.

A system reset was all it took.

I feel obliged to share this despite all my feeling a bit stuppid.

Yeah I did contact support, but the shop could not provide a Repair Order Number and it is not possibe to track it without.

Shipping should take a few days. It was sent at the 3. and recieved at Kemper the 7. january.
    Germany is not so far away from Denmark.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread but just to ad some perspective to the expectancy for repair time.

service center repairs normally take a week plus 4-5 days for shipping back and forth-if all goes well you should have it back within 2 weeks then.

That could have been nice.

5 weeks and still waiting....

Thank you Stevoe - I tried it and unfortunately it does not work. The Kemper does not import this file. Therefore I manually deleted about 600 rigs (because there is no editor for this purpose ), which has cost me a few hours of my time.
    A positive side effect: the KPA now boots much faster than before...

Do you to change the file type from 7z to tar when repacking??

Is this an issue or have I just been unlucky.

Two LEDs gone in just a few days. One is the multicolor at stomp B. None of them are critical but I didn't have it for that long time....

How long does it take to have it fixed?

EDIT: Realize another thread is present about this. Appears I have a model with bad LEDs.