Posts by Verminante

That makes sense! That means though, that even when running the rig in mono I will have to connect two separate cables from the pedal to the cab. Feels a bit counterintuitive...

Anyway, thanks again for chiming in :)

Best,

David

Quick question to all the Kone users out there:

I recently bought a 2x12 cab and a stereo power amp pedal I intend to use with two Kones. Now, according to the Pedal's specifications it is for Cabs from 4-16 Ohms. So, from what I understand, it would be totally fine to use the 2x12 cab in stereo as each speaker would work independently (i.e. in parallel) with an impedance of 4 Ohm. What happens though, if I want to use the cab in mono? Wouldn't that mean that I would be running the rig with an impedance of 2 Ohm? And, if so, would that damage the poweramp and/or the speaker? And: are there any 2 Ohm poweramps at all? Most of the one's I've seen so far always have a minimum of 4 Ohm...

Btw. the poweramp pedal I intend using is the Custom Line Thunder 99 by Harley Benton

Thanks for any advice!

David

Hey, thanks for chiming in.

Problem with the ABC and A/B pedals is that they only send one signal through and I need to have both the mic and the instrument on at the same time. I guess it would be possible to daisy chain multiple pedals to make it work, but am hoping there is a more practical solution... :P

Hi there Kemperites

I know everyone is really excited right now with the new update but I was wondering whether somebody might have a minute to help me out with this setup I'm trying to build for a small analog pedalboard. Issue is the following: I want use a guitar and a microphone simultaneously sending each of them out through a separate set of pedals and amp. So, two sources, two FX chains, two amps. Pretty simple, right? What I'm trying to figure out though, is if there is any pedal (loop switch or the like) which would allow me to swap the chains of the sources with a minimum of tap dancing if you know what I mean. So, press one pedal and now the mike runs through the guitar's FX chain and Amp and vice versa. Again, both sources are to be played simultaneously so a normal A/B pedal won't do...

Anyone have any experience with a similar setup and/or can recommend a pedal to get this sorted out?

Thanks!!

First of all happy new year fellow Kemperites!!

So, after what has felt like a million setbacks since we began recording our "new" album back in the summer of 2019, it will be finally hitting the shelves sometime this month.

For those of you who enjoy weird instrumetal rock, here's the video for the first "single". Hope you enjoy!! ;)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Zappledan I believe that the workaround proposed by BayouTexan works for most cases. I use it regularly at least. Basically, instead of activating morph when a stomp is turned on, you have that stomp always "ON" but with its mix set to zero so it is "as if" it were off. To "activate" the stomp, you set it to morph to 100% mix while also morphing the parameters of the additional settings you wish to morph. Hope that makes sense?

Now, 2 main caveats to this option:

- obviously it only works with stomps that have a "mix" parameter. A couple of them don't

- I seem to recall that some stomps still color the sound even when the mix is set to "0". I believe this might actually be some of the distortion stomps. Don´t remember though, so you would have to check this out

Cheers!

Last, a feature I requested as well before : Can we change the displays colour while in morphe state ? This would make it so easy to notice compared to the white morph button and the green ones above the rig buttons :p

Wow, hadnßt even thought of this, but it would be an awesome and extremelz helpful feature :)

Are you sure you are routing the DI signal to your Kemper?

The fact that the DI meter turns on in your DAW just means the track is being played back, not that it is being actually sent to your Kemper. Does the If the KPA Input LED is not turning on, its not gettting any juice ;)

TBH I'm a pretty big fan of the FCB units, in particular when used in combination with specialized Uno chips. I've got three units, all of them second hand and have played at least one of them for around 10 years both live and in rehearsal with my KPA (yes, I've had my KPA for a while).

True, they are kind of plasticky, ugly monsters but I've never actually had any part break off. I 've had to fix two switches though but considering the wear and tear over 10 years on a unit that was already second hand I consider it to be in the green. I've also modded two of the units (have one at the rehearsal space, one at home) so they have integrated footswitches that connect to the switch inputs at the Kemper's rear. Gives me a lot of additional control possibilities. I believe you can find instructions to these mods either here in the forum or online.

I can't speak much on the issue of accidental presses on the pedals though as I do have quite a small foot... ^^

Anyway, as you can take from the responses above your choice will depend a lot on your personal needs and preferences. If you do go for the FCB I would generally recommend you to get one second hand as they can be generally found pretty cheap. You can spend the price difference on the chip/mods/wireless midi connector etc. ;)

Cheers!