Posts by KPA_Leader

I know there has to be a way to do this, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how. I know this feature is useful to some, but I do not want this on, it only annoys me. When I roll my expression pedal / Volume all the way back, the tuner graphic covers my performance on my remote. I do not care to tune my guitar everytime I turn my volume knob down, instead I'd rather see my performance slots so I can see what what I'm doing! I play in a very unplanned environment where it is important for me to have several sounds available to me at any given time. When I roll back my volume and look down at my remote to see what rig I want to move to next, I can no longer see them. I have to remember what I saved into what slot. I would love to be able to turn this feature off. If I really want to tune, I'll just press the tuner button. There must be a soft button somewhere in the Kemper to turn this off right?

You would profile it the same way as when making a preamp:

Connect your guitar to the INPUT of the Profiler.
    • Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND from the Profiler to the input on your DTAR.
    • Route the output of your DTAR to the RETURN INPUT of the Profiler.

Hi paults, thanks for the advice, would I profile with "No Cabinet"?

Hi Guys, I have a Duncan Turner Mama Bear DTAR - Digital Acoustic Guitar Preamp that I would like to profile if it is possible.

You can find a good description and pictures of the unit over at musicians friend: http://www.musiciansfriend.com…itar-preamp#productDetail

The basic idea of the unit is that it simulates a mic'd acoustic guitar. You choose your piezo pickup type and then you choose what kind of acoustic guitar you want the output to sound like. Check out the description for more info. The DI box sounds awesome and I would like to be able to suck some of the settings into the Kemper.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best do this? Do I need to mic a speaker or can I get around that? Is there any potential damage concerns to the DTAR if I profile it? or to the Kemper itself?

Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

For those of you who prefer to use external overdrive pedals, how do you plan to use Morphing when it comes out? I know many users in the worship music community LOVE their overdrive pedals. I'm wondering if you guys have put any thought into how you would have the "best of both worlds".

I pulled a random cat 5 cable out of my closet, about 8 feet long, and have been using it for the past several months without issue. I think the cable came with one of my routers or modems years ago and probably cost a few dollars. For where I keep my unit, I don't need much length to my remote. I imagine you would need the high end cables for the really long runs. I just found that having a 50 foot cable spanning 5 feet didn't make much since for me, it was too bulky and could get messy. With that said, it would be nice if Kemper offered different lengths of cable, I would of course prefer to use the nicer cables.

Can you get some audio from the delay settings? It would be awesome to hear these, especially if they are stunning!

Look into the MAB profiles. There's also been some rumors that we may be seeing some updates from NAMM that could affect reverbs, but just speculation based on some videos Kemper posted on their Facebook site. Check it out.

Hi guys, I'm hoping you can help me.

I'm going through a bunch of TAF profiles that I've purchased and am noticing that as I switch from one patch to another the volume levels can be significantly different. Some are plenty loud and others are very quiet and I have to turn up the volume quite a bit on them to properly hear them.

Is this normal? I would assume TAF would profile all of their rigs at the same volume level???

Do I need to set clean or distortion sense to fix this? I did mess around with both of these and could not seem to get all the rig volumes to balance out.

What am I missing or is this just normal behavior? If it is normal, then it's definitely annoying.

I've used the factory cable for well over 50 gigs without this kind of issue, so I don't think it is related to cable length.

It's not an issue of cable length when using the Kemper provided cable. This is a very high quality and low impedance cable. When dealing with other lower quality cable brands however, it is desirable to use shorter lengths to avoid power loss over the length of the cable due to potential higher impedance. What we are thinking is that the particular Kemper cable that I own is defective in some other way. I hope that makes sense.