Posts by joerch

No one said February 2016...

That's not true. CK said so in some of the videos shot at Namm. And until a few days ago, "sometime in February" was the official announcement on the Kemper website - it has been changed since a few days ago. But where's the point. I am sure, OS 4.0 will be released as soon as it's ready.

Oh, I didn't get the joke, of course. You're right. No one said 2016. :)

In den technischen Daten am Ende ist bei den Ausgängen immer der Hinweis auf TRS hinzugefügt, bei den Eingängen nicht. Du hast aber Recht, im Text steht das so erklärt, wie du es beschreibst (S. 11). Allerdings findet sich auch der Hinweis, dass TS / TRS beide funktionieren. Solltest du also im Moment kein TRS-Kabel dahaben, kannst du zunächst auch mit TS-Kabel verbinden.

Ich habe diese Anleitung überflogen: https://focusrite.de/sites/def…ett2i4-user-guidede_0.pdf

https://focusrite.de/sites/def…ett2i4-user-guidede_0.pdf

Ich habe mir mal eben die Anleitung deines Scarlett2i4 im Netz angesehen. Die Combi-Eingänge (XLR-Klinke) sind für die Klinke nicht als TRS ausgelegt. Von daher benötigst du keine TRS-Kabel. Wenn ich die Anleitung richtig verstehe, kannst du - wenn du den ein Balanced-Signal haben möchtest - durchaus die XLR-Ausgänge des KPA mit den XLR-Eingängen des Interfaces verbinden, sofern du auf Line-Pegel stellst. In dem Fall werden die Mikrofonvorverstärker umgangen.

@Michael_dk: I have the feeling you are referring to me. I am still not convinced that there's any basis for judging KPA support as "dreadful" - and that's what I was trying to point out. And as far as norburybrook's amp collection is concerned, it's an awesome collection, sure.

Perhaps, but it can be communicated in a kind and pleasant manner, and some were a bit harsh IMO.

You mean "kind and pleasant" like in the title of this thread? How many of the people having dealt with KPA support yet would agree it's dreadful?
    [Except maybe that one guy who was a professional successful musician complaining KPA hadn't replied to his inquiry for an endorsement.]

Just ignore my impatiience. One thing, though: If I were you, I would make sure that everything is fine with your mail server, because I have never heard of a case in which [email protected] has not sent an automated reply once they have received a support inquiry.

@Michael_dk: I see your point and of course you're right. But at that moment that was the most constructvie I could come up with. Here's a user complaining about the dreadful (!) customer support and at the same time he doesn't seem to be able to send an email to [email protected] ... What constructive suggestion could you possibly come up with? In the course of this thread he has received any help you could possibly hope to get.

Wenn du alle 4 stomps oder FX slots gespeichert hast, musst du entweder den Button unter den Stomps bzw. unter den FX slots so lange gedrückt halten, bis das Display die Stomps bzw. FX highlighted. Dann mit dem BROWSE knob auswählen. Du findest die gespeicherten Presets in einer Liste.

Well, if you experience a similar gain structure across the profiles you have been playing, that probably is due to a similar gain structure of the amps that were profiled. It has been shown in many cases that a comparison of the amp / cab / mic and the resulting profiles are virtually indistinguishable. That wouldn't be the case if the KPA profiles changed the gain structure. I assume you don't make your own profiles?

Well as I said earlier the dealer couldn't get a reply form Kemper on Thursday and as Kemper don't do any support on Friday or Saturday I'm stuffed, so , I agree my choice of worlds is strong but I'm as you can see it's going to be a week before this gets sorted between the dealer and Kemper so that's not good for me. My original post was in answer to a UK main dealer not being able to get in contact with Kemper to sort this out, so I came here hopefully looking for a simple answer to what I think could be as simple as the CMOS battery being loose. However I didn't want to take it apart if that would void my warranty.

Hopefully you can see my frustration.

MC

Sure, I understand. But again: Why are you so sure that your dealer directly contacted KPA support? Did you see the email they sent? My experience: Those people are often hilariously unorganised and when you call in to ask whether they have heard from (in this case KPA) the easiest way out is to say: No, they haven't responded yet. Also KPA have clearly put a direct call number on their website. So in urgent cases (and an attentive dealer) there's no problem at all to reach KPA support. I keep thinking that it's not KPA's support that is to blame.

I find the title of your thread a little misleading, because you're not complaining about KPA support, but about the support of a large UK chain. In 99.9 % of cases like this, it's the dealer's fault and not that of KPA support. And "dreadful" is a hard term.

Rotary schnell / langsam: den Effekt highlighten, dann findest du oben bei den Softtastern im Display eine Möglichkeit, schnell / langsam zu schalten. Wenn du den Softbutton mit dem Effekttaster auf der Remote gleichzeitig drückst, kannst du schnell / langsam auf der Remote umschalten.

Zusätzlich Stomp-Wahlmöglichkeiten auf der Remote: irgendwo wurde angekündigt (Forum oder Video von der Namm), dass demnächst die Looper- und Tuner-Tasten auf der Remote frei belegt werden können. Dann hast du die Möglichkeit, mir der Remote direkt noch mehr Effekte an- bzw. auszuschalten und vielleicht auf zusätzliche Taster verzichten.

Zum Rest deiner Fragen fällt mir im Moment nichts ein.

For what it's worth, as an engineer I'd probably steer towards the amp compressor as it's more of an "integral-to-the-sound" "effect" as opposed to a stomp.

The sort of effect a stomp creates is something I'd rather tackle in mixing where the exact settings can be tailored to the song.

I wouldn't make that a law. If you set up the compression in your DAW, you alter the signal after amp / cab / mic / preamp - chain. If you use it in the stomp section of the amp, you can alter / control your signal that comes from the pickups and before it goes into the amp. There are numerous situations in which the latter might be preferred.

@Ingolf: No, I just wanted to say that it doesn't really matter when exactly the OS will be published. It's going to be published when it's ready for the public. It might, however, not be a clever move to announce the date (sometime in February), it they can't meet that timeframe, but that's a different cup of tea.

Well, Kemper certainly didn't make the announced timeline of February.
    But, so what?
    It will be released when it's ready.
    Everything else is speculation. ;)

Well, this is not entirely true. The website states under "News" that OS 4.0 will be available for download some time in February 2016.
    But what does it matter? I am sure it will be available before February 2017!