Posts by Andy_

Hi,

I'm a bit helpless and can't find a solution to engage the tuner by pressing down the volume pedal on my fcb. I already calibrated the pedals and messed around with the "Range" parameter (Rig settings, page 3) but it had no effect. It seems this function is turned of globally somewhere but I am not able to find ist... It worked fine some months ago but now - no reaction...

Maybe someone has a hint?

Kind regards
    Andy

You don't need to spend two XLR inputs, I'd suggest to route these to the FOH and use the AUX inputs - so you don't need to split the signals...

Regards
    Andy

Hi,

beim Durchzappen des an Sylvester üblichen 3sat-Konzertmarathons bin ich gestern bei Roxette hängengeblieben und war von deren Gitarrensound ziemlich angetan (hat mich ein wenig an ein altes Bryan Adams-Konzert erinnert). Weiß jemand von Euch, wie die diesen eher wenig verzerrten aber dennoch ziemlich dicken Gitarrensound hinkriegen? Gibt's vielleicht hier sogar jemanden, der so etwas schonmal mit dem KPA nachgestellt hat? Ich könnte mit gut vorstellen, dass da noch min. ein Compressor + EQ + Exciter draufliegt, hab aber irgendwie keinen richtigen Ansatz und fände es ja schon toll, wenn man diesen Sound mit dem KPA nachstellen könnte...

VG Andy

although I think that there is written enough I'd also say, get one. if you are touring get the rack version, add wireless and a custom made 1u panel with the connections on the front side. you can than leave the rack closed on its backside (where it's often dark on stage) and have the rack standing upright. believe me, it's sometimes hard to find a suitable place for the poor, vulnerable, naked toaster.

powered or not ... if you can afford the powered version and often play live through a cab, get that.

Btw. my former equipment contained a 13u rack with two custom build preamps, tube poweramp, multifx, rackwah and more. I loved it but hated the weight. the kpa can replace this all (i use the non powered toaster and iem) but - to be honest: sometimes it's real fun to play the way we used to do (i still find myself sometimes carrying a tube amp head and cab somewhere just for personal pleasure :-)).

And I forget, I also had the super duper modeller with the best algorithms in the universe (including parallel universe, it's parallel universes and those universes in between) sometimes mentioned elsewhere, really tried to like it but could not...

Hi,

today I was searching a rig with the typical 80s Sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qQ_Sg7LT0

I found some links to the website of okstrat but could not find any profiles... So my question is:Is it possible to profile an amp an get a sound similar to that one of the video or maybe has anyone already profiled such an amp???

Kind regards
    Andy

OK, maybe *this* sounds stupid.

On all my other digital equipment I scroll downwards lists (=increment) by pressing the down button an upwards by pressing up. I find it a bit confusing that this is reversed on the KPA. But - to be honest - this is the first digital device that I played more that altered some setting (in the last 20 years).

Regards
    Andy

Hi there,

maybe it's just a problem of my controller (fcb 1010)...

It seems that the KPA does a detection for "volume = 0" but the midi controller does often not reach this value exactly. So maybe it could be very helpful to add a threshold parameter such that it would be possible to have the KPA switch to tuner (and mute the outputs) when the pedal reaches a value below this threshold.
    If someone has the same problem or any workaround please leave a comment!

Regards
    Andy

Hi there,

as I often have to rehearse with headphones (completely miked band with monitor mixer) it would be great to be able to connect the monitor signal from the mixer to the KPA and send back only the processed guitar signal so that the KPA can be used as signal source and headphones mixer.

Attached is a graphics to show the signal routing (hope that it's understandable ;-).

Kind regards
    Andy

Maybe someone of you has or had a Roland GP-100...

A very nice option there is that the tuner can be automatically activated when the volume pedal reaches its zero position. Maybe *that* could be implemented in the KPA? I always found it to be very helpful when playing live...

Regards
    Andy

Hi,

sorry if this question is stupid,,,

I'm actually trying to use the KPA as a replacement for my current rig and am very impressed with the results but I can't find a pitch shifter or octaver. Maybe I've overseen something?

Regards
    Andy