Posts by greenblob

I initially thought the 1st riffs were the KPA, but changed my mind listening to the later examples. So basically I have no idea what's what.! Any guess from me would be just that - a 50/50 guess so I'm not going to bother :) Both sounded good!

I think this is a great example of the Kempers strength in live sound. A live band mix being presented to an audience through a PA makes any minor differences of profile vs stage mic'd amp so much harder to distinguish. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for posting :thumbup:

I'm sure your going to cop some flak for recording the clip with a phone - but not from me. It sounds great!
    I know youve only just recieved the dxr10, but what's your initial opinion?

im going to find it hard to give up tube amps for live work...(not had chance to crank it up yet!)

I thought the same thing but the KPA became my full time live rig after the very first outing with it. If you normally have your cab mic'd for live work, IMO there is no downside to using the kemper.

I did not contact Kemper support. This thread was the only place I looked for assistance.

I'll spend some time tonight re investigating the issue to see if I can get any closer to finding the cause.

Just want to confirm our problems are the same before hand. Have you tried jumpering the loop with a cable and testing for the "pop", or tested using another pedal?. If so, what was the result for you? Does the switching pop only happen if you wait short time between switches (as shown in my video on page 1).

Glad you brought this up again. I had kinda moved on, but it still irritated me that I never could get it solved! X(

I never solved the problem. The behaviour was still there even after removing my delay pedal and jumpering the kempers loop with a cable. After that test I just gave up on using the loop live entirely and moved on.
    I'm yet use the loop at all with the newer 1.8 Beta firmware.

Sorry - I cant offer much help but would appreciate info on any possible solutions you might find.

Welcome!

Didnt realise there were so many other Aussies on here. Where in Vic are you? I grew up in Lilydale (eastern melb suburbs) but now live in the U.S
    Glad your digging your Kemper!

I hear ya. Ingolf's rather favorable review of the dxr10's had me seriously thinking I should just save some cash and go with one of the DXR10's over the Atomic CLR's I'm waiting for. In the end though, years of buying gear (and taking the natural loss on resale when I upgrade) has taught me that I am ultimately weak and should just cut to the chase, drop the cash, and pickup the one I'm lusting for from the get go. I now openly accept my weakness. :P

It seems that if I buy something that is possibly better bang for the buck and would get the job done without complaint, curiosity eventually takes hold and I end up with both! :wacko:

Set the K12 to "line". Both the main outs and monitor out of the KPA are line level signals.
    If your interested, I use the "monitor" out of my KPA to my K12 and have the monitor output eq adjusted to tame the k12's treble and bass. I think I have the monitor output treble and bass at -0.3. I may be slightly off on those numbers as they are from memory.
    I also find if I use the the KPA main out xlr into the K12, It is louder than if i use the monitor out (with k12 vol dial unchanged). The KPA's monitor out signal seems to be slightly less than the main outs? Just my 2 cents!

Thanks Will.. Good info.. I'll keep Muse in memory for next time I'm at the pub talking gear with fellow musicians.. :D Just the kind of ammo I was after to spur on a healthy argument!
    Nice pic too.. He's gone crazy with the huge GCP foot controller.. but I guess you'd use it with a rack like that..

Possibly. really a large portion of what you hear on the radio already is tracked with modelers. Shoot, AC/DC used Amplitube on a few tracks of Black Ice and even the original POD has been used on a ton of stuff.

I used to use the first Amplitube a bunch and I think almost everyone has plugged into a kidney POD at some point! I understand emulators in general are commonly utilized in many pro recordings but was specifically curious about the KPA. How high has this unique little device reached?

Didn't know about Testament using one.. Nice!

Anyone know of any big album or tv releases (ie: get regular air play) that the KPA was known to be used on?

I was talking to a tube amp loving buddy of mine how impressed ive been with all the new digital gear out there (KPA, Axe2 and some DAW plugins) and was debating the view that you could tell a good profile from a mic'd amp in a mix. Naturally he said he'd hear it and that "digital wasn't there yet". This got me wishing I knew of some big commercial KPA enfused tunes that he might already know just to give my point a bit of weight ;)

We all know how accurate profiles and emulations can be to the real thing, and the similarities and differences have been forumized to death. I'm not opening that well argued can of worms here.

Just curious if I (or any of us actually) might have heard the KPA without knowing it. Thought it'd be a interesting discussion at the least!

Greenblob, Love the Lefty Paul. I have a Lefty 20th aniversary custom, but it's been modified so much It sure doesn't have the value they're going for stock. ;( But it sounds so sweet with my KPA :love:
    Oh yeah! On the list for the active wedge

Thanks mate.. My 57 RI goldtop is one of my favorite guitars for blues (w/ wolfetone dr vintage p/u's). Unfortunately I have a similar addiction to guitars as I do pedals.. I know I'm not alone here though..

Anyway... Back on topic....

Really hoping the CLR wedge brings out the dynamics of low output pickups more than the QSC K12 I'm using does. I'm really purchasing the CLR with the hope it will be closer to sound I get through studio monitors.. Form everything I've read, this is accurate ya?

I have enough pedals I could sell to buy 2 CLR's, but I am so old school, it's really hard to let them go.

But, "The times, they are a changin ' "

8o

I hear ya buddy.. I'm on the active wedge list and admit it would be smarter to sell some of my pedals to offset the cost.. But yeah... Every time I go to cull the pack, i go round in circles for a few hours auditioning them one atatime only to come to a false conclusion that I need them all and will regret selling any.. Haha .. Crazy isn't it?

[Blocked Image: http://www.thefreemusiclabel.com/storage/Pictures/Brad%20Green/All%20Pedals%20Crop%20Small.jpg]

This is what I initially bought the Kemper for - to easily record one man song ideas at home with minimal fuss, but somehow it's become the center of both my home recording and live guitar rigs.
    Not a flashy guitar orientated track by any means, but I thought I'd post this up for something a bit different.
    Drums are fingertapped midi through addictive drums, Kemper provides the bass (ampeg b12 cln) and guitar (Evil Robot Clean+) profiles. Vocals are also me, but remember its a raw demo and i'm not the bands singer - so be kind :S
    Basically I write and record at home, then take the demo idea to the band so we can cut, rearrange, discard, rewrite and basically toy with until its something better..
    The KPA makes getting a great guitar sound into the pc a breeze, now I just need to become a better player!
    Blinded Hand