Posts by djlynch

I get the impression you didn't like my Swart rig ;(
    Actually after messin with it there may be a bit to much goo on it. It sounds good under my fingers. I was mainly trying ozone profiles with some different amps. I like the carr ones I loaded better.
    I have loaded some clean tone rigs that have 4-5 stars that sound extremely sterile and just plain bad-to me. I actually think some of my favorite semi clean tones are high gain amps with the gain turned down and the compression up. to each his own. So many options
    BTW how do you even vote?

It sounds and feels better. I don't know why but it does. High gains and cleans.
    Maybe its just me but I feel like the effects are working/blending better with the amps. or its just my magination!

I have loaded his ozone profiles from the rig exchange. Then I drop different amp in them. That scumback cab he uses sounds cool when you take a typical low to mid gain amp and pump the gain up.

Hey everyone,

Been playing lots with our new Kemper. Of course, we still want to use all of our cool pedals (delays, dist etc.) but I'm having a tough time with using them on the input. I don't know what it is, but I swear I hear a difference when I go through any pedal vs just direct into the Kemper. It's subtle, but is there an impedance thing happening that's messing with the signal? It feels like it doesn't have the same bite, energy or push when I go through the pedals, and this is even with true bypass pedals & extremely short runs of high quality cable.

I just bought a xotic SP and put it in front of the KPA. I swear I have the same feeling. When the pedal is off there is something missing. Same thing with some other pedals.

Hopefully this is not a dumb question-here goes (yes I have done a search and read the manual)

I have an empty USB stick that I want to format. When the KPA formats why does is ask me are you sure. Is it gonna empty my profiles?
    Also, I am starting with a fresh USB because whenever I put new profiles on my original USB stick it loads profiles I have deleted back into the KPA. Is my thought process correct here?
    over the last couple weeks I have just been deleting un-needed profiles form the KPA only to have them put back on when I insert the same USB stick.
    Follow me?

I have been taking ron's mark V, recto, or splawn and bringing in And44's mid gain amp like an AC30, carr, or the fargain. Then I back off the treb and pump the mids and bass a bit. Nice squishy tones!

So I loaded up some of Ron Jones ozone profiles. Not really sure what Ozone means but I think they sound great.
    I have discovered some cool tones by taking his profiles tweaking the eq and then bringing in other amp models like And44 topboost and a carr profile. God it sounds great.
    It says scumback for his speaker so I assume that is an IR scumback or did he mic a cab?
    I would put these killer tones on the exchange but they have Ampfactory stuff in them. Give it a shot
    I'll put some clips up maybe tonight :)

Guys thanx, I got everything working. I love this thing
    The prior owner had alot of stuff in there. So I have some cleaning to do. I should have waited to buy amp pack 2 until I got the KPA. It already had some of them in it. Oh well
    Into the bomb shelter for a few days!!! :D

Just got the kemper and I love it. Never sell it.
    Much happier than I was with axe fx II after 2 hours with it.
    Anyway I bought amp factory pack 2 and loaded some user profiles. I put them on a disk but the kemper will only load the user profiles not the amp facory stuff.
    I use a mac. the amp factory files say

p2-ampfactoryPack2.rar

Am I missing something?