Posts by jaschoon

burkhart- im sorry, youre right!

the profiles that are marked as "N/A" have cabinets that are marked EMPTY when open in the kemper. the others dont.

i thought i used the same process but it looks like i didnt. can you help me understand what i did to make this happen, please? once i know i will go back and re-profile.

thanks!

burkhard:

thanks for your quick reply. i understand that and it makes sense. my issue is different, tho. i created about twenty profiles with my amp and, during the process, just "next'd" through editing the profile metadata at the end of each profile creation process. while it embedded the basic details you described, above. other details were left out and i want to edit those. my issue is that some of the profiles cabinet, speaker & mic fields are editable and in other cases all of these categories are marked "N/A", are greyed out and appear to be read only. i cant edit that data. here are screenshots to show the differences:

The Good

The Bad

Same amp, same profiler, same session- even the same procedure, really. i hope this clarifies where i am stuck.

thanks!

hello:

sorry- looked through past threads and found similar questions answered, but none conclusively the same...

i profiled an amp of mine yesterday and am having an issue modifying tags associated with the profiles. i profiled the amp on each of the amp's channels in each of several different mic and speaker configurations. my aim today was to mass-update the tags for each section of cabinet & mic configs, but found that some of the profiles are editable in the cabinet, speaker and mic sections while others are marked "N/A" and not editable.

I've read in previous threads that there are constraints on modifying certain fields (e.g., "author" tags) but these are profiles i made myself and some other tags are editable and some are not. this occurs even between profiles created minutes apart. im a bit confused- any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

hello:

i have a number of older backups made to usb flash drive in the past. id like to restore my kemper to one of these backups and also restore the midi patch assignments (midi prgchg) that were set before the backup. in other words- i would like to restore the patches i used previously and restore the the midi program change numbers associated with these previous patches.

does a backup assign midi prgchg on restoral? if not, is the program change info stored in the backup anywhere? can i recover how midi assignments were set?

thanks,

j

hello:

i am reinstalling macos and have reinstalled rig manager within the new os. i would like to bring over all of the data from the old rig manager instance to the new instance.

is there an easy way to do this?

where is the folder on macos that hold the rig manager data?

can i simply copy this to the new rig manager folder?

thanks,

j

yes, this is really my issue. i have several profiles that apply to amp types (e.g., vintage stomps/fx for appropriate amps, modern for those that benefit). setting a standard by locking of slots works until an amp has a different stomp/fx need. also, im not able to footswitch between amps that have different stomp/fx setups- the locked settings are what i get. also, subtle changes within the stomp/fx setups are reduced to only those locked values.

one of the great features of the revised (v3.0+?) Rig Manager i have used is bulk updates of metadata associated with a large number of rigs. this has been an immeasurable time saver. it would be really nice to have a bulk update for the stomp & fx sections.

thanks,

j

hello:

i have a stomps (and an effects) preset that i use with each of my profiles. i have a number of profiles that dont have my standard stomps/effects config and would like to apply my stomps preset to all of them at one time, rather than going through the process of setting each profile up individually. ive updated large groups of profiles individually and its very time consuming.

might anyone know if this can be done (and how) to a group of profiles?

thanks,

j

monkeyman: i dont want to upgrade the system os in our recording environment until i have a good idea as to any compatibility issues across all of the applications installed. also need to understand if any require upgrades for compatibility and what those will cost.sadly, a number of our plugin suites will need to be upgraded and will cost literally hundreds. also, if there is some crucial compatibility issue its several days work to migrate, test and restore.

thanks everybody for your updates on compatibility :)

j

hello:

i have been using my kemper in the studio (and also on stage) for years now and recently reading the manual again has me questioning the configuration i use for the outputs. when recording i use:

• main outputs (set to master stereo)- this is the stereo mix of the kemper for recording.
    • monitor output (single mono out, set to "git+processing")- this is sent to a second amp for simultaneous recording with the kemper main out signal.
    • direct output (single mono out, set to "git analog")- this is sent directly to a converter (no di box) for recording. when the recording is played back this signal can be sent to a reamp box and then to another amp for recording.

as per the manual:
    git analog- this is recommended for reamping
    git+processing- simlar to git analog, but with a2d conversion taking place
    git studio- i dont really understand this setting, but it is a "studio level" (line level?) signal, which "no separate di box is needed"

im interested in how others set these outs, or would recommend doing this to record the three sources i want (main, ext amp, dry gtr).

thanks for any help! :)
    j