Posts by jaschoon

hello:

we record (potentially) three output sets from the kemper.

• main output- with kemper amp sound
    • monitor output- goes to second amp for recording or monitoring during performance
    • direct output- record hi-z signal for reamping

we can only use git+processing for the send to a second amp, but would like to have a second git analog option to cut out the converter. in fact, being able to set any output to any guitar signal would be most flexible. don't know if this can be done, but flexibility is always valuable. :)

thanks,
    j

hello:

i have a rig that i made and cant seem to upload it to the rig exchange. i have tried loading the rig from both my kemper and a folder in the rig manager (preview) and then choosing upload (shift + enter or from the right click menu). for whatever reason the profile is never uploaded.

can anyone help me with what im missing, please?

thanks,
    j

Hello:

I am going to profile my Carr Mercury and cant find a source profile upon which to base my effort. I'm surprised that there aren't any Mercury profiles in the RigExchange.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a source profile I might use? Is there a Mercury profile that I just know is out there?

Thanks,
    J

all:

after further reading, and working with the rig manager, i think i have a bit better idea of how it works. after reconnecting my kemper to the computer i now see the kemper amp icon in the left pane along with the rigs on it. it seems it wasn't connecting properly before. i do still do have a question, tho.

can i export rigs from the rig exchange or my kemper into .kipr files? when i try to do this it looks like it will be creating .kipr files in the directory i select, but nothing ever ends up there.

thanks again, js

hello:

i have been using my kemper as my primary gigging amp- great, great amp. today i installed the rig exchange to better manage my rigs (i have no more room ;) ). i don't think i understand rig exchange fully yet and have a couple issues and questions i hope to work out.

until earlier today i had about 1000 rigs on my kemper, most unused but for evaluation. i have an assortment of those that have come with the unit originally, those that came with kemper os updates, some as rig packs from the kemper site, some as downloads from the rig exchange community and a few that i have purchased. when i connected the rig manager i checked the "use rig exchange" checkbox in preferences. i could access the folders for "all rigs" (about 1000 rigs), "local library" (about 1000 rigs) and "rig exchange" (about 5500?) and browse the rigs in each.i may have dragged the "rig exchange" folder into my "local library" folder, because i now see 5270 rigs in that folder. BAD!

here are my questions:

• is there a way to separate the rigs i have on my kemper from those that are now in the library, presumably dragged from the rig exchange folder?
    • is there a more direct way to download rigs from the "rig exchange", rather than having to get each individually from the kemper website?
    • do i still have to update my kemper the same "usb key" import method i have always used? can i use the rig manager usb connection instead?
    • i think i was prompted to choose a location for rig manager files, but i have since moved that folder to another location. can i repoint to this? nothing was in that folder when i moved it.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i don't want to overwrite or lose any other sounds i have on the kemper, but would like to evaluate (and download) rigs that i find and like.

thanks in advance, js

hello:

i have been having an issue with wah and my ev5 since installing the 2.0.1 update. i have a number of patches that had wah in the 'stomp a' position. i updated to the most recent firmware and, unfortunately, didn't check the wah functionality before a show. no wah- i couldnt make it work at all. i have initialized and set pedal1 to wah in system, but no luck. further, i have restored previous backups that DID have a working wah and these dont work either, in the same way.

any help would be SO welcome as i have a number of other shows this week and i'm just stuck.

thanks in advance,

js