Posts by phel

Does Kemper have problems with their production line or logistics? I had to order a replacement as my KPA-rig was stolen recently and my supplier can't even produce an estimated date for delivery. They claim they've asked Kemper and got no real answer. I've ordered a regular black head as I prefer to keep the amp external so its not even one of the latest models. My order was made 3 weeks ago and I still don't know if I'll even have it this summer.

bigb6611: you're right. The luchbox' height of 21.4cm does require 5U. I did my measurements on a custom-built rack that originally was equipped with a power-supply and thus 3/4U higher than a normal 6U unit.

I waited a long time for the rack-version, but eventually ended up ordering the luchbox. The missing LEDs changed my mind. It is much easier to read the status of certain things with the LED rings around the controls in the often dark environment on a stage. If I still want it rack-mounted the lunchbox will fit on a shelf in 4U, so my entire rig including the KPA, wireless receiver, personal monitoring mixer and IEM-transmitter will fit in a shallow 6U rack. That's still a very compact rig. I just wish the luchbox had threaded holes in each corner at the bottom. That would make it very easy to secure the box to a rack-shelf. The same threaded holes could also be used to mount some sturdy rubber feet on standalone units.

yes, how about the footcontroller then being wireless too. That would be cool.

More batteries, not good. I'd prefer to operate the unit on stage without BT enabled for security. A unit with BT should have a switch on the back to turn the BT-radio off completely if necessary.

I don't think that there is a BT chip in the kemper, so this request would be very hard to fulfill.

The request was for a future hardware revision. I.e. the next unit (rack-version, whatever), not the next firmware. With the current unit the only option would be to use a USB/BT dongle, but I'm not too keen on little loose pieces like that on a mobile unit like the KPA.

I belive a bluetooth radio would be a nice add-on for a future revision of the hardware. It would enable short-range wireless communications with lots of mobile computers, tablets and smartphones for controls, backups, exchange of rigs and other data etc. With a A2DP receiver it could also be used to receive music from a mobile device for practise using a headset. If implemented the BT radio should have a physical on/off switch on the back of the unit for securirty (avoid unauthorised access) and to eliminate potential interference.

of course it is low priority , nothing could replacea real turbo or strobo tuner

I can't see any reason why the tuner in the KPA shouldn't be able to match the performance of peterson's stomp-tuners or similar. 4 of my 6 most used electric guitars are set up with some form of sweetened tuning so I'd really appreciate good support for a variety of tuning schemes, not just BF. It should be easy to switch between tuner profiles when swapping guitar and the tuner should support different offsets for open strings vs 12th fret for intonation.