Posts by vablows

Yeah, it has decent padding.

Not heavy duty, but they are very snug in there and it is fairly weatherproof (enough for a quick trip from the car/truck to the destination).
    If you need heavy protection, go for a road case, but if not then this is a great way to go for cheap and have some extra room in there for all your extras.

I have been using the Gator GP-66 b

ag that is for a bass drum double kick pedal and it fits my Kemper and Roland GR-55 snug as a bug and keeps it safe.

I just made a cardboard partition so the Kemper and Roland aren't toughing each other.

Thank you for this!
    The "secret" to my main tone in the early 90's was that I used delay with full effect, 0 delay time and around 30% feedback and it really thickened my tone, this works great as well!

When I am playing the Kemper through my EV ELX-112P, it is "fixxing" out the speaker sometimes.
    I have tried different ways of connecting the 2, and have had problems with them all.

Master outs, Monitor Out, Direct Out.

This happens at low as well as high volume levels.

Seems like when I hit some low E string notes the bass causes the speaker to fizzle.

Any clues on what I may me doing wrong?

Also, the EV is rated at 1000 W, but I have had to put it up to around 8 on the volume in rehearsal to compete with my other guitar player to be heard.
    I have the Master on the Kemper up to 9 as well.
    This is mind boggling to me- I can't figure it out.

But it sounds awesome when I'm playing!

I had my Kemper on the floor at last rehearsal as I ran direct and didn't think about bringing some sort of stand. I stepped too close on my guitar cable near the jack and unplugged the unit. My heart skipped a beat as for a moment I thought I had broken in the input jack. Maybe I'm a cheap bastard, but a > $1500 device on the floor is too much for my heart to handle. And if your hoping for a Line 6 priced product with Kemper tone, pretty sure your going to have to wait quite a long time for that...

I second this- and a "basic verson" Kemper is far off as well IMO.

Exactly.....the idea here is to not "clearly" and distinctively hear the different amps individually.
    You are just trying to get the sound of both (or more) amps mixed together.

I have a 4X12 speaker cab that has mixed speakers, but I could not tell you from 6 feet away what exact frequencies I was hearing from the different speakers....I like what I hear from the speakers combined.

Nothing really scientific about it, you're just getting blended tones from different amps just like Wagner mixes when mastering.

You can't isolate those tracks in your head when they are in the mix, you can only hear everything blended and that is what is pleasing.

I don't see why there would be any problems for the Kemper to capture the blended tones.

I am excited to get more of these profiles as well, as I only have 1 tube amp at the moment but it was always a dream of mine to have multiple amps going at once...this would be too cool.

I did the same thing.
    Then I went to the Rig Exchange on the Kemper main site and you can log in there and register the unit.
    I downloaded a profile, but if you don't have one just follow the steps as if you are going to post a profile and register that way then abort the download.
    Let me know if you still need help after this.

Hi All,

This is my 1st post, I just got my Kemper on Friday.

I have uploaded 3 profiles from my rig, please give me feedback on what you guys think.

I think it is important to note that I profiled these using my EV ELX112P, so the tone can be slightly different depending on your monitoring source.

Here is the full rig:

Hughes & Kettner Access preamp
    Fryette 2/90/2 Power Amp
    Forte 3D 2X12V with a WGS Vet 30 & Retro 30 - These are wired true stereo, so I have only picked one speaker at a time to profile with
    Radial JDX direct

I am having problems with profiling more, I keep getting the error code that my amp is too noisy and I have to turn down the gain.
    I have done it, and still get the error code, and I am not using extremely high gain.
    I have searched the forum but didn't find any real solutions besides turning the gain down.
    Do you think it is because I am going direct with the Radial?

I am loving the Kemper, so exciting and I can't stop playing!
    Thanks to all of you for your downloads, I hope to be able to offer more myself.