Posts by vablows

I just got my remote, and hooked up my Moog EP-3 to pedal 6.

Everything works fine, but when I use the wah it works normally until it get to the toe position, then the volume drops out to a slight whisper.

I have calibrated it numerous times, tried it in different pedal jacks, and everything else there is to try.

It is the same no matter which wah position I use, bypass @ stop, @ heel, @ toe.

I have it set up as pedal 1, wah in system menu, and I have wah to volume pedal and pitch.

I have played with these parameters too, and no difference.

The volume pedal function works fine when wah is not engaged.

Any ideas?

No, but I am using a workaround where I am doing patch changes through the FC-1 when I need to switch quickly with no hands between synth and guitar.
    I use the onboard toggle on the FTP if I can, but it is hard to do it by hand quickly live.

Hi All,

So I believe I already know the answer to this, but if I get the remote and need to control another piece of gear via MIDI I need something separate for that as of now?
    Even if the Kemper is programmed with MIDI PC's per rig, they will not be output via MIDI out or thru if I am using the Remote to switch rigs, correct?

I am still working on my pain in the butt "super simplified rig" of a Kemper + a Yamaha Motif Rack XS and the darn Motif needs MSB & LSB with PC changes in the
    Multi mode I use it in.
    I have been in a nightmare world just trying to find an easy way of using these 2 together with minimal gear!

In a perfect world I dream of having a remote on the floor with my expression pedal, the Kemper, Motif, and wireless in the rack, and my guitar with the Fishman Triple Play.
    Then stay in Performance mode and go crazy!
    Maybe someday soon!

Thanks!

Oh yeah, my heart was beating like crazy and the sweat started coming real quick.

I was basically crapping my pants but didn't show it to the sound man.

I just calmly turned it off, waited for it to shut down, crapped my pants a little again, and turned it back on hoping for a miracle and it worked.

Not something I want to go through again!

I gigged with Beta 4.0.2 yesterday and all went well except for 1 little hiccup.
    At first it got stuck on startup, so I turned it off and re-started it and everything was fine for the whole 4 hour gig.

Sounded awesome as usual!

Thank you, but I am done with the GR-55.
    The control of the onboard synths was amazingly awesome, though, and I used it as you described for 4 years.
    I am trying to recreate that ability with the Fishman Triple Play and the Yamaha Motif, hence this thread.
    The upgrade in sound is just too good.

Another idea: leave the wiring as it is and do not use Aux in but a stereo loop in the Mod Fx Slot and control the mix via Morphing.
    The only downside is that the Motif will go through the KPA's Reverb and Delay Fx - which might even be considered as a very useful feature IMHO :)

I tried that a long time ago, but you also go through the stack that way, and I need it to bypass the amp coloration.

I looked at both of those, and the problem is no mix availability between the 2 sound sources if needed.

The bigger problem is all the cables on the stage, I am trying to go more minimalist, and this kind of defeats the purpose.

I have a fellow forum member over at the vguitar forum trying to crack this code as well, I appreciate all the help!

Something so simple is yet again so complex in the world of MIDI guitar!

Thanks, Paults.

Yes, I have tried (and use occasionally) the zero volume approach on both units.
    I am trying to avoid PC changes, because the Motif needs MSB & LSB CC's along with the PC and it is not lightning fast.

I am just so used to using the expression pedal to rock back and forth between sounds, and I guess I will have to just get used to the new way.
    The sound and overall experience of the FTP with the Motif are just too good to go back to the GR-55.

I know it's not, I tried it.

But I need to morph my synth sounds in and out, and I am unable to do this easily.

Any ideas?

I like to have my guitar volume go down via expression pedal at heel like normal, then have aux in at 100%.

Then reverse, guitar up to 100% with expression pedal in toe position, and Aux In volume at 0.

I have tried using the stereo loop but it gets colored by the stack output.

I seemingly can't morph the actual stack in and out, either, only EQ controls.

I used to be able to do all of this with my Roland GR-55, now I am switching to the Fishman Triple Play and using a Yamaha Motif Rack XS and my life is a nightmare trying to scheme up a simple way to toggle between synth and guitar with no hands!

I have tried and tried, and I cannot get into an edit mode for Morph!

I have my expression pedal into pedal 1 in the back of Kemper, and it is set to morph funtion.
    Then I have "Morph to Wah" enabled as well.

But every time I go to Rig for Morph section, the rise and fall times never light up, and I cannot seem to edit parameters so they will morph.

Any help appreciated!

I am on the latest Beta.

I am also having a problem, my Yamaha FC-7 is reversed on the polarity and I can't figure out how to change it.