Posts by peterw

I was trying to capture the feeling of being in the room with the amp. The sonic shockwave that thundered across the room when i struck the first power chord was brutal, it must have been something like this when Moses parted the red sea :P Perhaps I got carried away a bit and set the volume a wee bit too high, sorry for that. But as some of you already pointed out just roll of the volume a little and you're home!

When I did the profiling I tried different micks and with and without preamp. Also tried different mic positions but this was without doubt the set up that got me closest to the real amp. Did some blind testing with my friends and all of us (independently of eachother) picked this profile as the most accurate and true to the original amp.

Keep on rocking
    /P.

I'm glad you seem to enjoy the profile. Don't forgett to rate it so that more users can find and download it because for me, as a home user this is what the Kemper is all about. You can't just walk into a store and ask for an amp like this. The only way the average Joe can try a cool vintage amp previously owned by a real guitar hero is if someone puts it on the rig exchange. But on the other hand, perhaps average Joe doesn't have his own Kemper :P Anyways, you get what I'm trying to say ;) VESmedic1; the setup was pretty straight forward. I used a Shure SM57 positioned in the center of a speaker, then straight into a cheap SM Pro Audio Preamp and then to the Kemper. I also used better quality cables from Planet Waves, I know it's not monster or George L's but still better than any noname alternative. Also, the room had great acoustics ( dampend but still with some natural reverb).

Well I'm off to work!
    Cheers!
    /Peter

Hi everyone!

I recently uploaded a profile I made yesterday of a genuine 1968 Marshall
    JMP Super Bass 100 modded by Reinhold Bogner for a certain guitarist in a
    little band known as Whitesnake (The guitarist obviously being Doug
    Aldrich).
    What's even cooler is that Doug’s settings were marked out on the amp and
    that's how I set the amp when I made the profile. For all you tone geeks that
    needs to know, the guitar used for refining the profile was a Gibson Les Paul
    1957 VOS Gold top loaded with a set of Suhrs Doug Aldrich signature humbuckers
    (yes I'm a huge fan
    :thumbup: ). The Amp itself sounded amazing and I pretty much got the
    "Aldrich tone" right of the bat. And yes, it was loud....very, very
    loud!
    Enjoy & Merry Christmas!
    PS: Just search for Peter W in the Rig Exchange and it should pop right up
    along with some other nice profiles I've made.

PSS: I've loaded the profile with some effects although I left them
    disengaged when I stored the profile but you should definitely try to turn the
    delay and reverb on.

[Blocked Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1511491_610508778985874_1001655482_o.jpg]