Posts by guitarmanjack

When trying to store Favorites with 1.6 I am having some issues and wondered if anyone else is as well.

Before 1.6 I had 1.1.1 firmware and I would simply hit rig and then choose favorite and it said it was stored. If I hit favorite again it said it was unstored. Maybe the process for storing favs has changed from 1.1.1?

When I hit rig it flashes. The favorite button is not highlighted and it wont let me store the profile in the favorites. This is very annoying and I dont know what to do. I need to do some housekeeping and add to my favs so I can delete a bunch of unwanted profiles.

Thanks for any help.

Since my Kemper started acting a bit funny with the 1.6 firmware I decided to downgrade back to the 1.54 firmware instead. Well it crashed and it says - A SOFTWARE ERROR OCCURRED- I assume because I have about 1300 profiles. Funny thing is 1.6 installed fine. I was about to delete a bunch of profiles. I should have done that first. Dang it, well to late now the damage is done and lesson learned. :(

Anyway now I must figure out how to get my Kemper running again. I tried reinstalling 1.6 but its a no go since I cant get to the regular kemper screen settings. I cant restore my backup either.

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to restore my Kemper to all its glory?

Thanks for any help!

---------------------

Edit ************ I found a great and easy fix on Armins KPA soundside.de website under KPA Recovery fix. Simply put the firmware on a blank usb stick, hold the left and right < > arrows and turn on to tuner. Worked like a charm! Thanks Armin!

Well, I reset it it and all seems well except I am getting very funny things happening now when I try to save favorites. I hit 'rigs' but the favorite button is not highlighted like it usually is. After about 10 seconds the rig button starts flashing and the the favorites button lights up but when I hit it nothing happens. Usually it would say the profile was stored in favorites.

Not sure whats going on.

Great news! I got my Scarlett working and no popping at all so far!.

All I did was plug the USB cable from the Scarlett into a dedicated USB slot in my Mac pro. Before I was plugging into a usb hub so I think that may be the result of the popping. Tonight I will test it by plugging back into the hub and see if the popping comes back. I would have checked it last night but I got so caught up in playing I just couldnt stop. :)

Man I love my Kemper!

I am using a new Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 audio interface and when I play and record I am hearing a small popping every so often. Its pretty annoying as I have never heard any popping before when I had my monitors hooked directly into my KPA. Its only after I hooked up my new AI that I am hearing the popping so naturally I assume it's the Scarlett causing the popping. I downloaded the latest driver but still popping. I really like the Scarlett but if there is no fix to this popping issue it will have to be returned.

Does anyone else have a Focusrite Scarlett and have popping issues? Or any interface for that matter. Maybe I am not hooking stuff up correctly.

I am hooking the Scarlett into a usb hub which goes into my computer. Monitors are into the Scarlett. Kemper into interface with SPIDF.

Thanks for any help

SUCCESS!!!!! Yes, I updated to 1.6.0 from .1.1.1 flawlessly! I was a bit weary doing it considering I have about 1300 profiles but I decided to go for it. I made a backup before I did the update just to be on the safe side.

It took about 10 minutes for the whole update.

Now I'm off to jam!

UPDATE - Well I just tried playing my KPA with the new update and to me it sounds better! Maybe its just because of the hype but some of my fav profiles sound better. Also I notice that the lag I frequently had when scrolling through presets is gone. I havent tried any of the new features yet.

Can someone please explain what the new SPIDF volume control means? Is this something I will need to mess with when recording using SPIDF? I have a new Audio interface and haven't used it yet but I will be connecting my KPA with SPIDF into my AI.

Hi Everyone! I've had my Kemper for awhile now and absolutely love it! Up until now all I have been doing is playing it but I want to start recording and tap into the KPA's awesome recording capabilities.

My recording experience is minimal at best. I use to have a Line 6 pod and pod farm so I would just load up garage band and record basic stuff. Everything I recorded sounded thin and very amateurish.

Since I now have the Kemper I want to record some really great tunes and I am looking for advice on proper recording techniques and mixing etc. I really want to learn all I can so I can record the best music I can.

Here is what I have equipment wise.....

- Mac Pro computer 6 gb ram
    - Studio one 2.5 DAW software
    - KPA
    - Mackie MR8 studio monitors
    - Audio Technica ATH50 Headphones
    - Focusrite 816 Audio interface - (just ordered, hopefully it will work well with the KPA and be a good first time AI)
    - Carvin guitars and Bass
    - Toontrack drums
    - Various VST's

I mostly play metal and I would like to record that style with the best sounding quality possible. I plan to go direct from the SPIDF in my KPA into my interface. I listen to youtube and soundcloud clips and they sound so huge and professional! Thats what I'm looking to achieve with my music as well. The instruments sound crisp and clear and are not muddled together. When I would record on my Line6 gear my rhythm tracks, solos and bass would all get muddied together and not sound too good. Is there a way to make each instrument stand out and have a huge sound like I hear in those clips online?

Oh and another question I have. When you record should I be monitoring through headphones or monitors? Same question goes for when I mix.

Any help is really appreciated. :)

Daniel, thanks for the explanation. The comment you are talking about, which was mine, was only half serious. You really did cause some AXE users to jump ship to Kemper though!
    I would be curious to hear why you prefer AXE over Kemper.
    Thanks for the great profiles, nonetheless, and good luck with your AXE!

Funny you should say that. It was in fact the SilentUnderground youtube videos that finally pushed me over the edge and made me buy the Kemper. I was considering it for awhile but when I heard those clips of some of my fav bands sounds it was enough to seal the deal so I bought a KPA.

I was also a 'former' Axe FxII owner. I liked it and it was definitely a great unit but after alot of directly comparing it to the Kemper, the Kemper won me over with its ease of use and authentic amp sound and feel. I found tones on the KPA almost immediately that I struggled to find on my Axe. There are so many high quality profiles available now that you dont really need to ever worry about finding a great tone. Kemper is the single best piece of gear I have ever owned.

I look forward to its evolution!

Hi everyone. Okay I have way too many profiles, I guess I got a little profile crazy and went nuts and I have accumulated well over 1300 profiles. I realize that is crazy and I dont need that many. I have decided I am going to cut way down to my absolute favorite profiles. I need to know if I delete all the profiles I dont want on my usb shared folder will the kemper automatically delete all of the profiles on my kemper that are no longer in my shared folder? Or do I have to also delete all the profiles on my kemper and then re-insert my newly modified profile library? I hope that makes sense.

Thank you.