Posts by allright

And your question for the 10" in the BS100, they give enough bass responce, When I use the BS100 as an standalone amp, bass always on 11
    o'clock or less.
    I have to test if the Resonance/Presence filter is pre/post send/return.

Hallo Shred,

I did some test:

- KPA in the send/return sounds ok, but not flat, it gives little mid bump.
    I don't know what speakers are in the BS100, I think not guitarspeakers, because with cabs-off the sound is not ok.
    With the right cab selected in the KPA the BS100 can sound good.

But in some situation when I send master out to DXR's (PA) and master out to BS100 (monitor) to the sound is not identical, the BS100 is more mid bump (not in a bad way). And because I want an flat-output EQ to KPA main-out (to DXR's) I cn not adjust the EQ fot the BS100, because this will affect the sound of the DXR.

In this situation I have to use the KPA monitor-out en EQ the mid (cut), then the BS100 sounds quit identical als the DXR.
    But then I loose the master-out stereo (monitor-our is mono)

I have not tested yet the Resonance/Presence filter (tap+bass / tap+high).

The send/return have to activate within the Insider software (usb). The 5-way/button footcontroller (FS12) kan be programmed for activate the loop
    (send/return). It's strange but when disconnecting the usb cable, the send/return is automatically de-activated.... So in a live situation you have always an laptop with usb connected to the BS-100. I looked the internet but not find an solution.

- KPA in de mp3 input (KPA headphone out -> mp3 input) give a softer output and to my ears a little bit strange sound.
    When I put in a phone/laptop and play an mp3 the soud is ok, but not flat (littje mid bump).

That's it for now.
    Grz. Peter.

I was looking for an backup for the Kemper for life situations.

I looked many youtube videos about the Katana's and Blackstar ID core's. In these videos to me the Katana sounds a little bit better.
    But I wanted stereo, so I ordered an ID core 100. When it arrived I had about 14 min. to dial in 6 presets before take it to the rehearsalroom.

Emulated out (mone/stereo) to the mixer/PA (volume controlled bij gain/volume) and used the IC core as "monitor" (volume controlled bij master volume). The emulated output thrue the mixer/PA (DXR10/12) sounds almost identical as the 2 x 10" speakers in the ID core. For me good to know, because what comes out of the emulated output of the ID core, is what people will hear from the FOH (DXR's in small venues).

Later at home I tried the Kemper thrue the send/return (stereo) on de ID core. I configured out in the Blackstar software I had to use (programming) the footswitch to activate the send/return. For the Kemper (Kemper main-trs out tot send/return ID Core) I leave cabs on (especially on crunch/high gain), but had to change my favorite cabs to an cab with less "lows" and lock this cab for all my presets. This worked very well for clean/crunch/leads, for sure some "amp in the room sound". I even heard some 3D on the ID core that I never heard on the DXR's.

Same with the Atomic Amplifire thrue the send/return (stereo) on the ID core. With my favorite cabs on (3d party) the sound was not so good, but surprising with the Amplifire stock cabs the sound was quit good, same as the Kemper some "amp in the room and 3D sound".

So I have to figure out how to get the Kemper with my favorite cabs (through FOH) to sound good with the ID core (as monitor). Maybe Kemper monitor out with some EQ.... will be continued.

Be sure there are some difference in the in/outs between de 50W and the 100W versions (extra send/return. midi etc.) and the are all mono.

Otherwise for stereo the Blackstar ID Core100/150.

Hallo Ash,

For me it cleans up the crunch/hi-gain profiles in combination with some brand PA speakers.
    I know the Kemper does what it does and it does a good job.

But in the end the result is through an headphone, studio monitor or PA (FOH/monitor).
    For me the result through an PA is mostly not satisfied.

Controlling with HPF/LPF (Fletcher-Munson) "repairs" it all.
    And make the sound more like the samples from the profile sellers.

Grz. Peter.

"i've bought the KPA 3 years ago and i'm still trying to find my sound. I'm frustrated and tired of buying profiles".

I "had" the same problem until a few days ago for allready 3.5 years.
    Further I see the last days many eq related items popup in this forum....

For me the solving was tot flatten my profiles with an graphic eq in before the amp stack.
    Graphic EQ: HPF/LPF (100-300Hz, 6-8Khz) and volume > 1.5 db.
    Remove all EQ's after the amp stack.

Change cab to an brighter one (I take a few Deadlight Studio's from the free community pack).

To taste change Definition (mostly lowering), clarity (higher) and compressor (higher).

I use Beyer Dynamics too and for monitoring yamaha's dxr.
    Now both sound good.

The HPF/LPF and volume is whitin the graphic EQ so it's only 1 slot.
    I not bypass the normal eq (bass, mid, treble). But because the HPF/LPH values, now the normal eq can be used more extreme then without the HPF/LPF.

Good luck.

I go end of this mounth to Asia.
    Maybe this is helpfull, i just posted an thread.

- Removed the EQ's in all slots (normally I only use EQ after the amp stack)
    - I put an graphic EQ before the amp stack (slot D)
    - Put the EQ volume 1,5 or higher
    - Put an HPF between 100-250 Hz (much higher then with an EQ after the amp stack !!!)
    - Put an LPF between 6-9 Khz
    - Change definition, clarity and compressor to taste.

And then try change cabs.
    I mostly have about 10 favorite cabs.

And at last options change a little bit the output EQ depending on the venue's PA.
    XLR Output volume (locked) about -20 / -12 db to the board/mixer.

I downloaded the community pack and tried most of the profiles, some I liked but most not. Strange because there where some famous profile makers involved. I tried to change the cabs with the cabs I use live, but not satisfaction. Boomy, not clear etc.

Last friday I went to an Status Quo concert (you like them or not :) and I heard all the instruments very well in the mix and it was surely LOUD. Learned the lesson (again and again) the trick is "flatten the sound".

And the next day on my KPA I:
    - Removed the EQ's in all slots (normally I only use EQ after the amp stack)
    - I put an graphic EQ before the amp stack (slot D)
    - Put the EQ volume 1,5 or higher
    - Put an HPF between 100-250 Hz (much higher then with an EQ after the amp stack !!!)
    - Put an LPF between 6-9 Khz
    - Change definition, clarity and compressor to taste
    - Everything smoothed up 75% (clean, crunch and hi-gain)

- Then changed my standard cabs to some build in cabs from the community pack. In this case the 1960AV, Mesa oversize. These are very bright cabs, but works very well with the graphic EQ (before the amp stack).

Hopefully this is helpfull for guys like me who struggle for a long time with the KPA and PA speakers.
    Even with headphones (Beyer Dynamics DT-serie) it sounds now glorious.

Grz. Peter.

If weight and price is no concern, then the dxr15 is your friend. When you put it in wedge mode, try the different mode settings on the back of the dxr.
    Personally I like all the dxr's (10/12/15) in the standup position (in front, side or at my back) and a bit lifted from the ground.

And tweak the KPA with the dxr at stage volume !!!

If the size and weight is not an problem: then DXR15, because they sound a little bit more flat then the 12 or 10. And for sure lift the DXR15 from the ground and out of an corner.

I like the DXR12 as monitor lifted from the ground or on a pole more then the DXR10.
    And as monitor as a wedge I like the DXR10 more then the DXR12.

As an PA the DXR15 is the best, then the 12 and then the 10 (with or without an sub).

Grz. Peter.

I only carry an very small laptop bag for 6 weeks azie, the Kemper will double my weight... I remember I have somewhere an Korg Pandora, remembers me of the transistor radio's on the beach, wich i like for some old songs :)

Digitech 350
    Pod3 XT-live
    Eleven rack
    TC electronic Nova system

All pedals and wah's

Vox valvetronix AD 120vtx
    Fender Junior
    Fender Blues deluxe
    Fender Hot rod
    Crate V30 2x12
    Crate V32
    H&K Statesman
    Bulk Sonica
    Marshall 205C
    Marshall 1960
    Marshall 1936
    etc.

I stay in now Azia too and hope when I come back nobody's "borrowed" my KPA.

I bought the Amplifier as backup for the Kemper with DXR10/12 for monitoring. I listened many youtube movies about the Amplifier. First test at home with the Amplifier Ii could not get any decent sound out of the AA (even not with headphone), certainly not with the standard IR's. I found a few free IR's and the sound was much better. After putting and LPF between 5-8khz in every patch ithe AA sound great. I ordered Mbritts pack and again it's getting better, still have to use the LPF. First time rehearsel iI had instandly an very good sound, few days later an gig and I took he AA. I had never such an easy performance with 3 buttons and 6 sounds (no expressionpedal). But I must say the KPA with morphing, then I only have to use 2 presets with an expression pedal, that will be even more easy. All with all, the AA is very good but have to tweak, The KPA is always good, but depends on the profiles, because many profiles are not good :) So end of the story, rehearsel :AA, restaurants/bars etc.:AA, Home and the rest: KPA.