Posts by PoMerizzi

Fun Fact :

Threads in the "feature requests" forums:

Editor : 9 897 views
    Which features would you like to be added next (survey) : 10 998 views

It says it all!

Small company with limited resources focused on getting fundamentals right before adding fluff vs big company with a lot of resources focused on making money, directed at mass market.
    I'd rather have Kemper with no editor than other product with an editor.

Personally, I could use a librarian at some point. Don't need an editor that much. But I can wait. I had my Kemper for 5 weeks and play maybe 4-5 profiles. My Kemper is not even near computer most of the time.

After a year...the editor/librarian will go on top of your wishlist. Believe me. :D

wow, ease up people... both fanboys alike and pissed off customers. I guess I would say im center right (a little pissed off 8o )

I really like the Kemper profiler, yeah you can use the knobs... yeah it works. But with just so much people watching over this thread , I still have some hope for it to be released one day. (and I bet fanboys just want the software too but will not mention it :D )

Now my angry customer rant, if you are obsessed about never seeing an editor released, don't bother replying. PLEASE TAKE IT WITH SOME HUMOR :

"Yeah, go ahead, say your crap "go get an Axe FX". Problem is, I like the Kemper tone. I like the product, I know its nice. I bought it telling myself "no need to worry, they will release an editor for sure!". I just don't understand how a entry level product like the POD x3 can have a AWESOME editor... and not a product like the Kemper. Its a non-sense to me. To me, its like getting a Ferrari with manual windows. Yeah, YOU CAN TURN THE HANDLE, but goddamn, its just a simple luxury that most basic FX units are shipped with today."

Sorry, I just can't understand how people can be AGAINST something that useful. WHAT'S YOUR POINT. I should make a modeler with 1 single knob and sell it to you (The "I dont want/need an editor knob"). Come on. Its a tool that is supposed to be tweeked to your liking... Tell me you can live without. FINE. Don't tell me it wouldn't be useful. That's $3c/@p.

End of story :D , but again, I like how it sounds, so I just keep playing the same 10 profiles and don't mess too much on it cause its a pain in the ass.

I feel better now lol.

unbelievable good news. finally, :thumbup: 8o 8o 8o :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbdown:
    but for the moment being: where is this "tag editor", searched for 30 minutes now, cannot find it.

thanx

Basic Rig Tags Extractor/Editor

Here's the link to the little software... beware, you will need to install python 2.7* or something to make it run... lol, a little dinosaur but HEY, it works. Infinite gratitude to GuyTarero for making this available to us. The guy doesn't even have a Kemper yet. He should get a rebate or something when he buys it lol! :D

I'd buy it again even if they said there'll never be such software. Best sound I've ever had. It's all about the tone. The rest is all fluff to me. To each his own ...

I'd buy it again too but I would still hope for a software to be released :D .

Actually I found the workaround with the kemper backup file (unzipping using 7zip so you can delete and add profiles as fast as 1 2 3). Think the Kemper team released info about this a while ago. Adding to it the nice little tagging editor someone released freely and it's already a BIG improvement. Really happy about how it works. However, it would just make sense to have an all-in-one solution made by Kemper instead of 3rd party software and workarounds!

Here's a trick for you people trying to put some order in your KPA :

1) download the free kpa tag editor (see 1st post in "introduce yourself")
    2) make a backup of your KPA
    3) in your computer , unzip your backup using 7zip... you may then delete or add any profile / stomp... etc....
    4) then use a field (author?) to sort by amp brand or by band
    5) zip it again using the SAME name
    6) restore the backup in the KPA
    7) boom ! an organized KPA :oD

Awesome :thumbup:

a whole week of work with the KPA knobs and cumbersome tagging becomes an hour on the PC, yay 8o

Oh and please note... this thread shouldn't be a debate. I think we are all happy using the kemper and love its features. It's more about what we think is an urgent improvement VS similar products.

Also, it happens that the second thread with the most views is the ... "kemper tag editor " http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=5523 .

Can't say how much I thanks people trying to develop something like that. Will try this tool for sure, cause tagging on the Kemper IS a real pain in the @s$.

At the same time, It just confirms the interest and the need for a software that could interact with the kemper. Still... why is there not an official kemper editor yet? For what reason? With this wonderful web community that provides rig-exchange... let us use that usb plug and make it useful. Honestly, I think people just want 2 things:

- edit the tagging on the computer :)
    - manage profiles (adding and deleting) on the computer :D

everyother aspect, the editor will not be that useful since the kemper is so user friendly.

God, even if they sell it, people WOULD buy it... goddamnit lol! With thread views going above 10 000 (with 1/8 of people complaining it's not a useful feature for weirdo reasons but who will still be HAPPY to use it secretly RIGHT when it gets released, lol) What are you waiting for?!?!??! 8|

my 2 cents :P

I would suspect this editor feature will finally get on the to do list... if we consider the number of views this thread is getting, just as the number of replies. They could release the ugliest software... I don't care, as long as it works ;o)! Will try this little app that someone developped to change profile tags

I first thought it was only related to one profile... but it happens with all of them (high gain and medium gain profiles).

I have this solo to record where I play this minor sixth interval (both notes at the same time). Here's the exact thing so people can try it out...

1) play 12 fret on the b string and 15 fret on the E string...

let both notes ring

Now you will hear a really nasty and clear low Ab harmony (like 5th string 11 fret) ringing really loud. Looks like the Kemper is having a hard time with polyphony ;o) Anyway weird.. just my thought. Make it impossible to record the solo without this artifact (had to remove it with melodyne... not cool).

Try it people and tell me if you get the same thing

"Agreed. It would be nice, however, if the librarian allowed MIDI program change numbering to be assigned. Organization would be greatly simplified IMO."

OMG that is an absolute must!

:thumbup:

God... you guys dont get tired of renaming patches? lol.... JUST a tool for that (usb with computer) and a way to put patches in folders and I will be happy, then maybe no need for an editor but come on....

:cursing:

Thats a little extreme isnt it? Ive wanted the librarian for over a year now lol. I have no intentions of ditching the Kemper over it though. Besides it has been announced one is coming. Have a little patience. :thumbup:

Yeah, it is a little extreme... but I should have done my homework before buying... it was definitely a big + for me to have the editor