Posts by djemass

I have one with Petrucci Mods !!

Unofrtunately, last friday I wanted to use to prepare profiling but I faced huge problems with my Lead channel which became totally anemic :(
    > I have to find time to go to an ampdoctor. Bruno ? VHM at Paris ? I won't let this baby in a bad amptech hands !!

I would love to profile it with TylerHB which has the most impressive cab profile out there once repaired... but he lives far from me...

Not easy. In a first time, once repaired I will take time to make DI profiles...

Ahhhh. Gotcha. In that case, what would be even better to simply allow the loading of 2 cabinets within the Kemper rather than external software. Add controls to route them stereo or mono with a mix parameter. That might actually be cool.

I agree but I dont know if within the kemper they can do it, might be perhaps too dsp consuming...

Hi all,

I also trust the Kemper cabs are far better than the IRs.

However, perhaps I was misunderstood, the idea I had was :
    A tool for :
    1 - mixing 2 kemper cab profiles (kipr) in parrallel or in serial
    2 - mixing one IR to a Kemper profile, ie adding a color to a Kemper profile. for instance, imagine I take one Tills recto profile which sounds great but I am not pleased with the Hi-End, and even with all the options available with the Kemper, I can't tweak it exactly like I want. Adding the color of IR could be great. We would keep the richness of the Kemper profile, but adding a color to it like I want. Even better, I could tonematch with a full Kemper profile, then mixing the Ozone Eq curve to the Kemper Cab profile...

Mixing 2 IRs is not useful, I only have MixIR2 which is awesome for this...

Salut Waraba, tu es de où ? Paname ?

DIsons que Armin est un pro, et que c'est c'est pas toujours simple... Je pense que le top serait pour moi TylerHB, ses cabs trouent le cul :) et sonnent bien plus 3D que les autres. Mais si tu connais un studio sur Paname pour profilage, ça pourrait être sympa. Je pense pas que les micros de folie soient toujours les meilleurs. J'ai une idée de repique micro que je vais tester... ça risque de le faire

[quote='londonjeepster',index.php?page=Thread&postID=67248#post67248] Sonically, the profiled cabs are much more rich and robust. I've tried several dozen high gain IRs, but they are unlistenable to me after playing through profiled cabs. I would rather tweak, tweak, tweak all day, an existing cab, than play with IRs! Kemper trumps all! :thumbup:

This is why I submitted in this forum an idea of a new cab driver which allows to mix one cab profile with wav IR. The best of both worlds IMHO

In a first time, adviced by Tills, I have ordered a small DI Behringer at Thomann and will make DI profiles of the MarkIIC+ straight from the speaker output of the amp. Then when I will have time, I will make mic'ed profiles...

One question though, When profiling a DI profile, the majority of the profile datas will go in the Kemper amp section, and a small part of dats will go to the cab section, right ?

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my English

I had an idea but I don't know if it is possible...

As CK said before, the Cab part of a profile is way more than a simple impulse cab. By Replacing a CAB kipr by only one converted Impulse, you may lose a lot of informations that give the Cab profiles this unique full richness in sounding... Moreover, the fact we can't mix impulses, or cab kipr profiles may be limitating. Perhaps we could get the best of both worlds in a small software

Why not a "Cab Maker Mixer" which allows new several functions.

1 - A kind of Mixir2 more limited which allow you to mix 2 or 3 impulses or Kipr (I know Mixir2 already does it very well).
    2 - Two routing possibilities to Mix (serial or parrallel), and % shown for each slot. Simple interface interface with 2 or several slots to load one file in each.
    3 - Loading of 2 formats : wav (44.1khz), and kipr. The best could be we can listen to the result, so conversion from kipr to wav before mixing if possible. Of course, impossible to export the kipr to wav converted files to keep the proprietary stuff. The only format for final export will stay kipr.
    4 - Phasing issues avoided like in mixIR2.
    5 - Normalize before exporting and level control before loading to avois any clipping like Mixir2 does. Export in only one format : kipr

Application can be great : mixing 2 kipr files, or mixing a rich kipr Cab profile to a wav impulse and get unique colors while keeping the richness of a real kipr cab profile straightly get from a real profiling...

One application could be to add a tonematched eq to an existing cab profile, or to match 2 cab profiles in serial of parrallel...

This is a rough idea but this kind of software, which has to stay simple and limited, could be a great add to Kemperland !!

Anyone else would also like this ?

My 2 cents

FYI

I will profile my IIC+ next monday :

Amp : MarkIIC+
    Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30
    SE Electronics 2200A

Hope I will do something good...

I will try the SE Elctronics 2200A more like Armin did with his Elmwood Modena, to get a more "ambient" tone.

Once I find the right mic placement, I could experiment like Armin did (amp settings, eq on/OFF), but my Goal is to make first a great hi-gain tone...

One clip of a good MarkIIC+ amp :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThmW2p95gs

My first profile goal would be in this vein, but with less "room"

Cheers

Stay tuned

Djemass