Posts by djemass

Hi

Check this out :
    http://soundcloud.com/djemass/kemper-boogie-wav

This sounds actually really really close of my MarkIIC+, Kemper is the first digital amp to give me this. Don't know why, the MarkV cabs don't sound alive, but as said before, the combo Mark V + Elmwood cab is awesome. My Fav cab is the AH ELM C2 D 15:00. You can even hear the slight "room" effect which brings life to the sound. The POwer sagging brings also a lot of life.

Congrats Armin, perhaps you should make the same mic'ing technique used for Elmwood for your other cabs, this has a "MOJO"

My 2 cents

Ok now we have two options I will abuse :

Ozone tonematching

MixIr2. As I have tons of redwirez cabs, i will abuse of mixing IrS in serial or in parrallel !

Or mixing a tonematched impulse with redwirez hahaha !

The only good thing I see in this is that it has to boost Fractal to propose a better product.

It is a good thing for amp modeling/profiling in general.

The drawback is that too many users waste their time to prove that their unit are better than the other (it is as sterile as saying that my dick is longest than my neighbour's)... and they lose THE thing : playing guitar.

Enough said, I have to go back playing.

Cheers

Djemass

Ok it is fixed now. Apparently your profile is also badly configured. Pls check to younprofile/ settings/ communication then choose the right options

Cheers

Djemass

Nice. A bunch of anonymous Internet experts giving a seasoned professional musician crap about gear.

Radley, I just got my KPA and am much more interested in your thoughts and tips than the trolls in this thread. Your input over the years for Boss, Line 6, and Fractal products has been extremely helpful for thousands of people - I know I've learned a lot from your posts.

+1

Hadley, I remember buying you a box (dont remember the name) for my PODXT a few years ago and it gave a new life to this unit.

I think anyone has the right to get a Kemper and a AXEFX at the same time. Why not ? You know, I am used to a certain kind of tone (I am not a fizzy guy for instance), and to be honest also, I don't like most of the stock profiles. And this is not a problem. There are so many possibilities in this box...

I think when Radley will find the right cab profile, everything will be easier and faster.

My 2 cents

Djemass

Be nice to hear your real Mark profiled. I have the ones from the amp factory, not sure if i like them or not. They are good but it's like there is something not quite there. I would be interested to try them with this elmwood cab that has been mentioned.

Hi Alexander

I am waiting the right conditions to profile it correctly (good studio, mics, ...)

However, honestly, I did a "frankenstein" patch from soundside.de profiles which sounds awesome. Not sure I will manage to get a so good profile than this one

PM me if you want

Djemass

Buy the MKV stack and the Elmwood from Armin !

Each one sounds good but combining the MKV amp with with the Elmwwod cab gives this boogie tube mojo, you know this Petrucci Live lead tone . I own a real IIC+ and honestly I am not really impatient to profile it now. The Elmwood cab gives this creamy and not fizzy tone which can send you straight in the pallpark of Petrucci lead tones. Add a graphic eq by dropping the 600hz boost slightly the low end and the 2.5khz banxd and voila. Dont forget also to add the stereo widener, amazing effect ! And even if the noise gate is better than the decimator, remove it. The only drawcack is that all i cant add any modulation after the amp now...

My 2 cents

Djemass

Hi bros, just for your information, I dont produce any skin, it was only artworks that can fit CrosshairSB skins...

However I will check with a professional printer only to know if laser cutting is possible on magnetic vinyl paper and how much this costs... There is something to dig IMHO...