Posts by Hudiluma

look at the instructions included with the presets: you can't use the shared folder.

"The next step is to copy either individual Preset files or the complete folder New Delays
    Demonstration Preset Pack into the folder Shared of your USB stick. Make sure the folder is not
    zipped."

paults, pls tell me what to do instead of doing what is written in the mentioned instructions!

Thx

I'm having problems importing the new presets. Two different USB sticks. Both reformatted and cleaned. I try to bring the presets over into the shared folder and the only options I get when I go to "External Storage" are "Backup/Restore" and "Format Device"

Hey there, I got the same problem. KPA says that all rigs an presets are already inported, but the new DLY presets are not there. Can somebody help? PLS!
    ...and yes, I have the BETA 5 installed and can find the new delay types!

Hi,

good idea, But........

First of all the usual 5 pin midi cable uses 2 lines for each direction, which means if you share the ground line you would need 3 lines for midi (everybody correct me if i am wrong). In addition to the floor board modification you need a split box and two usual midi cables which connect the 'multi cable' with the 2 ports of the kpa.

But the power line for the fcb1010 is fed with 230 volts. For security reasons I really advise you to let the idea go. Midi ports an cables are not made to be used for this! I know stories about midi floor boards that need low voltage like stomp boxes which are modified that way.

Hi there!

I checked the OS 2.3. When using the performance mode I have sometimes that the selected sound of a performance sounds muffy. Kind of if the the cab sim is on double, a loss of treble. I restored to my last backup with the last OS and everything worked fine.

Hi there,
    I basically use two different gain rigs and one major lead rig for nearly all of our songs. But from to song I use several individual rigs for special purposes. Sincs the last days I started to create performances for those songs, which is really great. But when I edit one of the lets call them regular rigs in browser mode the update does not appear in the performances in which this rig is placed. Neither if I edit a rig in a performance does the update appear in the browser or any other rig. Is there some kind of 'update rigs from browser to perfromances' functionality? I am afraid of updating all performances cause of changing the delay a bit in my major lead rig....
    Regards
    Hudi

Well I never heard the 8004, but I think it might sound simular to my 8008. It can be switched to linear, so for that the same as the 8008. Our drummer is not the loudest so our rehearsals are not so loud. We do hard to heavy rock. The volumen of my 8008 is about 9 to 10 o'clock, so in total under 50%.

If the Peavey is a tube amp then it colours the sound... I would say go for the Marshall, cause it sounds neutral....

Was this helpfull??

Dear all!

Well I had, as you can find here in this forum, my own story of finding my setup for playing with my band. It was a journey, but I am now 100% happy with my result now and my band members are happy too.
    To make it short I now play my KPA through a second hand Marshall 8008 power amp, which can be and is set to linear. That means that there is no character added to the sound of the power amp. I use my old Marshall 1960 Lead cab and I use the KPA monitor out with a very little monitor output EQ, just to have the same feel like at home. The cable is an y-cable to connect the KPA monitor out to both channels of the power amp. I hope the monitor out will become stereo soon.

This works for me really great!!!

Hello!

If I put in the usb-stick and went to the final import menu it takes some moments until pressing the buttom is taking effect. So I wait a little and then press a little longer. In all other functions the hardware butom is working fine.

Dear all!

I am using the old Roland FC200 with my KPA. It is still a great controller, but sending 7Bit Midi. The onboard expression pedal is set to the parameter 7, that as far as I know is standard for volumen. In the KPA this changes the input volumen. I like the control the main output with the pedal. Is this possible with the expression pedal of the FC200 and which setting is needed?

Thx