Posts by lightbox

I think you just have to get used to the dynamics, the Profiler is capable to produce. When you adjust the volume while noodling a little bit on your guitar, you forget the peaks you can generate e.g. when you slap the low E-String hard. This can generate a peak in your speaker that fries it. So to prevent that you have to compress / soft-clip the signal before the power amp and that's what the Power Amp Boost does. It's not so important to do this with high-gain profiles because they're most likely compressed already. Much less dynamics there. But if you play a Bluesbreaker and you enjoy its dynamics picking from soft to very hard, then you certainly produce power peaks. The overall volume might still sound low, but the peaks can easily exceed the max. allowed load of the speaker. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. The power amp can easily produce power peaks of up to 600W while you still think its overall volume sounds like 50W only ... without using the Power Amp Booster.

I have no idea about Logic, but maybe you've set it up to monitor the input?
    This isn't necessary with an audio interface capable of Zero Latency Monitoring and it might lead to what you describe (increased level up to clipping plus strange effects due to the latency introduced through Logic's monitoring).

Cheers,
    Martin

Japanese are typically very shy to join english communities and to post on english forums. I think it's just an attempt to get in contact with these users and to overcome this barrier a bit. Nothing wrong about that.

Ok, nothing has leaked so far. Congratulations to Kemper for keeping it secret.
    But if they have something new to announce AND show at their NAMM booth, I would be very surprised if it wouldn't be made public today or tomorrow. They just have to make it public before the actual NAMM craziness starts off 3 days from now, so people know in advance that it's worth a visit at their booth to have a look. I'm very curious, like most of you guys.

The connection from FCA to Kemper is only necessary if you want to reamp DI tracks using S/PDIF.
    In your case, you just want to listen first.

Ok, troubleshooting:
    Connect the headphones to the Kemper Profiler. Do you hear yourself playing?
    If yes (and I hope it is yes):
    Go to the Output menu of your Profiler (press and hold the OUTPUT button until the menu appears)
    Then on page 1/5 check if your S/PDIF Output has Master Stereo assigned. If not, select it.
    Then go to page 5/5 and set the SPDIF volume to e.g. -5.0dB, maybe it was at - infinite?

Now check again on your audio interface's Phones Out.

Hi Niki,

1. Connect some headphones to the phones "A"
    2. Switch "Digital Select" to COAX
    3. Turn MIX BAL in middle position
    4. Check the IN MONITOR in the phones section. The LED should be lit. (Don't know how you switch it on/off, maybe it just detects the MIX BAL position?)
    5. Check the Synchronisation setting in the Behringer's control panel. It must be set to 44.1kHz and something like "External" or "S/PDIF" (not Device Internal Clock).

Now you should be able to hear the sound from your Profiler. This device has "Direct Monitoring" which is common in today's audio interfaces. So it can't be related to Logic.

Cheers,
    Martin

I don't think you're stupid, man. But I think you made a mistake.
    One reason for this to happen is that you generated some spikes that were to much for the speakers. Maybe you had the Power Amp Booster at a low setting, allowing lots of headroom for hard attacks and transients ... as opposed to a higher Power Amp Booster setting which would lower the headroom by compressing the signal.
    Read page 27 & 28 in the english Kemper Profiler The Basics and Profiling Guide ... or page 29 & 30 in the spanish Kemper Profiler The Basics and Profiling Guide. :)

Got a gig at a smaller coffeehouse type of place on Saturday. I'm sure the volume will have to be medium low.
    Will play with the bass and treble levels.

Do yourself a favour and don't use the EQ of the STACK section but the Monitor Output EQ in the OUTPUT menu (page 3/5). This way your beautiful rigs can go untouched to FOH and recording. And btw, you know that you can save Output Presets? This way it's very easy to switch your Monitor EQ once you have made a few presets. :)

No, I didn't modulate the Delay Send. It's just the increased velocity of the D4 note ... The Edge does this as well.
    And if you watch the waveform, you can clearly see the transient of the delay at 510ms (0.51 in the lower scale) from the hard picked D4 note at 0s.

Anyway, I understand that you don't feel like adding a Dual Channel Delay with options to pan each channel and with the choice of dialing in ratios or milliseconds (Sync on/off). Steinberg and many others must be totally ignorant to offer this feature in their Dual Channel Delays.

Ok, sorry for being a bit late. But here's the 3 different Delay loops without backing tracks.
    For better understanding, I used a sine wave and a MIDI track to have flawless timing. There are 3 loops, each is 1 minute for your convenience.

359ms-loop.mp3
    Just one 3/16 delay applied. Sounds overly perfect on-beat, machine-like.

359ms-510ms-loop.mp3
    The 3/16 delay plus the (correct) 510ms delay. When listening, try to notice the "ding-di-gi-ding" groove.

359ms-598ms-loop.mp3
    The 3/16 delay plus the 5/16 delay. The 5/16 part is just a strange overlay on top of the notes and the 3/16 delay.

I kept the Mix of both delays at 50%, so it's as obvious as possible. In the original song it's a bit more nuanced. But it's VERY easy to notice the above mentioned "ding-di-gi-ding" of the accentuated D4 note when you listen from 4:55 of the original album's version.

Hope this helps, here's the download:
    http://www.wikpa.org/_files/delay-loops.zip

Just got notified that my LF+ Pro+ is ready to ship. But I can't find info on how they ship (to Germany). Hope they don't use USPS. Anyone had something shipped to Germany (or Europe) from them?

Well, I think others have mentioned it already many times on these forums. You can't directly compare guitar cabs' sound with FRFR speakers' sound directly in the room. They will always sound different. The Kemper Profiler (with FRFR speakers) doesn't replicate that amp in the room sound and feel. Instead it replicates the mic'ed guitar cab sound pretty much perfect, which is something very different.

If you're a live player who is used only to the direct blast from guitar cabs, then it's hard to get used to this difference. On the other hand, if you're already used to have IEM, then it shouldn't be a problem at all because the IEM was the mic'ed cab sound already.
    Basically the Kemper Profiler gives you the luxury to hear the same that would be recorded (live or studio) and what the crowd in bigger venues would hear through a good PA system.

That being said, it's up to you if you want to stay "in your own world" with a sound that nobody will hear the same like you ... or if you're happy to close the gap between you and the audience (and recordings). None of both is bad, it's just a pretty different approach.

If your sound through headphones or FRFR speakers is really bad, not just different, then there might be something wrong in your settings or simply a very bad profile.

First of all, check if the CABINET section is locked. Press and hold the CABINET button until you see the CABINET menu. If there is a lock symbol on the right side of the screen, press the LOCK button to unlock it. With a locked CABINET section, if you load a different rig, the CABINET portion of the new rig will not be loaded, instead the old cabinet will remain active.