Posts by lightbox

I bet you will quickly overcome the desire to profile emulations of specific amps if you can get the real stuff easily. :)
    Wish you lots of fun experiencing the magic of the toaster (or rack).

Not a big fan of contests, but certainly interested in chasing great sounds of great artists.
    Geraldo7 started a nice series of threads on this topic, and I wouldn't mind to see more of this. :)

No help from the mothership required, we can do that on our own, learn a lot, have fun, judge on our own ... without judges and winners and losers. ;)

Let me answer you to save Kemper staff from legal problems.
    Using others' trademarks can be tricky, especially for competitors. This is why all factory presets don't use real brand or model names and this might be the reason why the above mentioned thread isn't publicly available anymore.
    But there's help that doesn't come from Kemper but from the User initiative wiKPA.org
    Check the below link if this is what you've been looking for. :)
    http://www.wikpa.org/Factory_Rigs

Cheers,
    Martin

Ok, the current situation is as follows:
    The Fender Mustang III v2 is still in the race, but other options would be a Marshall MG102CFX (weight issue) or MG101CFX ... or a second hand or B-Stock Yamaha DXR10 and the guy continues using his Zoom G3X for a while.

All of the above options have their pros and cons, I know. And there's still enough time left to decide. Will be going to Nepal beginning of March next year.

I don't like any of them, but that's probably because of the profile chosen. Way to harsh, no body. With this profile I couldn't choose a Les Paul, sorry.

Weird. My Saffire has never lost sync to SPDIF.

That's the difference between Saffire and Scarlett, sadly. I never had this happen on one of my Saffires, but on Scarletts it happens every once in a while. I've yet to find a solution for this, Focusrite support wasn't a big help since I couldn't provide them anything to reproduce and confirm the issue. I have no idea what hard-/software they are using to test.

The problem is the broken link to add a forum to your favorites.
    The following link URL is the one shown when you hover "Add forum to favorites" in the "Important Announcements" forum.

Code
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Board&boardID=13&action=subscribe

But it won't work because the correct link URL would have to look like this:

Code
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?action=BoardSubscribe&boardID=13&t=XXXX

.. were XXXX would be an individual token.

Hi kamin21,

it's (once again) messed up by Kemper's web team. Forum subscriptions do not work.
    I know how it can be solved (and I also know a workaround) but I would prefer to see it solved by the responsibles.
    I once offered my (professional) help on the forums but they don't seem to be interested in a working and well maintained environment.

Cheers,
    Martin

Yeah, that's true. They are brilliant profiles of a wonderful amp/combo.
    And my G.A.S. has come down to very very few pieces of gear that I would like to own. This Marshall Bluesbreaker is one of them.

http://www.uno4kemper.com/uno4kemper_faq.php

frankyn73, can you give the thread a more descriptive title please?
    Yes, the Rig Exchange search is broken and the footer appears twice, one of them hiding the first 3 rigs in the list.

Thanks, Hell-G.
    Your short review is some good news for me. And since I don't see any suggestions for different (cheap) combos, it might be worth ordering and trying one. The only downside is, that it doesn't seem to work well for Marshall type sounds, so it might be a Fender only solution. But well, you can't have all unless you can afford a Kemper Profiler + e.g. Yamaha DXR10 ... which is way beyond the budget at hand.

Cheers,
    Martin

... i doubt that the mustang, even the III is a band amp.

Hi Geraldo and thanks a lot for the effort. Which model did you test? The quoted text makes me believe you didn't test the Mustang III v2 but maybe the Mustang II v2 which has 40W only compared to 100W. I do have a Solid State combo amp here with 100W (Laney PL100 Twin) and it is truely LOUD AS HELL (but way to heavy to take to Nepal). So I think the Mustang III should be enough volume for a (non-metal) band.

First you should not use headphones to evaluate guitar-sounds, either you use good studio-monitors or good FRFR-cabs, anything else doesn't work. Your hearing-situation should be as linear as possible, earphones are ok for practicing, but nothing more.

I completely disagree with the above. If you're used to using headphones all the time, if you listen to a lot of music through the same headphones, there's not even the smallest problem using headphones to evaluate guitar sounds. The problem only arises when you're used to listen through speakers all the time and then use headphones only every once in a while. So basically you should use what you're used to use ... wow what an english sentence.