Posts by lightbox

Oh yes, it is possible to degrade pretty much the same like an analog signal, technically. And in a system without any I/O Buffers you could potentially get an audible jitter. But there's pretty much no digital audio signal chain that doesn't have at least small buffers at inputs and most likely at outputs as well. And since the buffering removes all transmission related timing errors (e.g. phase noise), there's simply no such thing like jitter introduced through cables.

... die Abgabe falscher Statements (die ich netterweise korrigiert habe) stammen nicht von mir.

Leider ist nicht alles gut, da du schlicht und einfach Quatsch erzählt hast, insbesondere bzgl. der Garantie. Manchmal ist es wirklich hilfreich, wenn man nicht nur den ersten Satz liest, sondern noch ein wenig weiterliest. Dann nämlich bekommt man folgendes zu Gesicht:

This limited warranty is transferable and is valid only when accompanied
    by a copy of the original sales receipt or packing slip with legible purchase date, purchase price, and
    when product is purchased from an authorized dealer in the and must be returned to the same for any
    warranty services required

Alles klaro?

Sorry, aber das ist eine Falschaussage.

Lieber Sportsfreund, eine Falschaussage war das schonmal definitiv nicht, unabhängig davon, dass dieser Begriff nun an dieser Stelle wirklich mehr als falsch platziert ist, weil wir uns hier nicht vor Gericht befinden.
    Zu den Zollgebühren habe ich explizit dazugeschrieben "evtl.", das heißt eventuell, vielleicht, möglicherweise.

Und unabhängig von der Erbsenzählerei ... warum genau polterst du hier überhaupt öffentlich über mDans Preisvorstellung? Wenn sie dir nicht passt, dann kauf halt einfach nicht. Komische Sachen gibts.

Sorry to hear you broke one cable.
    I've never had this problem with any of my cables in my pro audio and video gear. I only had it once with my receiver in the living room and I could easily fix it by just slightly pressing the plug.

Anyway, maybe you'll have to go for locking RCA plugs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A few days back, I bought an FCB1010 and I ordered the EurekaPROM2 ... just to realize now that it won't give me the flexibility I'm after. So I made a u-turn and sat myself on the wait list for a Liquid Foot+ Pro+. I know, it's a lot of money but once again I realized that cheap solutions often can't compete with pricey ones. I want to invest once and then stop thinking about missing stuff. Hope the LF+ will deliver. I just wonder how long it will take from wait list to postman ringing at my door. :D

Go to http://www.kemper-amps.com
    On the top right of the page, click "Login"
    You'll see a form to login, click the link "Sign up as a member"
    In this form you can enter your data and make sure you check "I don't own a Kemper Profiling Amplifier and want to join the public user forum" (that's what Kemper service meant).

Now you have a user account with kemper-amps.com (maybe you already have done all this?)

Now when you get your Profiler, find its serial number (e.g. last page in System menu) and go to the following page (you need to be logged in):
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/api/upgrade

Here you can enter the Profiler's serial number and your account will be upgraded.

If you like to check the registration status of your Profiler(s), go to:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/api/profile
    At the end of the page, in very small letters, you can see your registered Profiler(s).

Kemper staff said, that you can register your Profiler at all times, the prior user does not have to de-register first (which would be possible in the profile page I just linked). As soon as you register the serial number on your account, the prior user will be automatically de-registered and downgraded.

Cheers,
    Martin

PS: It can be a bit confusing that you sometimes can be logged in on the forums but not on the kemper-amps.com main page. Don't worry, it's part of the experience, hehe. Just log in on the main page as well.

Can't see how they should be better than your existing Monster cables. Seriously, try to press the cable's connectors just slightly together while not connected, nothing dramatic. Then connect them and they should have much better (tighter) fit without destroying anything. This ain't rocket science! :thumbup: And it won't change your guitar's sound (until Scott Grove prays the opposite).

Probably not the perfect answer from my side, but could be helpful nonetheless.

I'm using Cubase as my DAW and it has a nice Freeze function to reduce the required processing power and RAM. You tracked your virtual instrument and you're happy with it for now ... then just freeze the track and save the processing power on this virtual instrument until you unfreeze it to make some modifications. Very nice and helpful feature for advanced projects. Not sure if other DAWs have similar option(s) though. It's like a temporary bounce.

So if you have such a feature, then you shouldn't run into problems, even with a slower hard disc. Actually, the transfer speed of the disc isn't the limiting factor, even on a 5400rpm disc. It's more about the file access times provided by this physical discs.

Ok, after some further reading it seems like a simple toggle isn't possible on the original FCB1010.
    So I would have to program the stored stomp slot states for every single rig I'm going to use.
    Wow, can't see me doing this even if this sunday is really cold and grey. ;(
    At least I've learned something ... and I'm even more looking forward to the EurekaPROM2.

Hey gang,

while I'm waiting for the EurekaPROM2 to arrive here, I decided to spend a cold sunday morning programming the unmodified FCB1010 directly on the device (no editor software).
    I got most of the things working apart from one issue I can't solve. Your help highly appreciated. :)

I programmed stomp box switches on buttons 6 - 9 and they are working ... but in a strange way.
    If a stomp slot is off by default, I have to press twice to activate it on my Profiler.
    If a stomp slot is on by default, it switches off with the first button press.

So basically it doesn't seem to toggle on and off, no matter what the current state on the Profiler is.
    Instead it sends specific values for ON and OFF state. Am I missing something here?